Home

Frenectomy - snipped babys lip and now refuses bottles

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Linen
 

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 9:11 pm
Baby was advised to have a snip by his lip - and now refuses bottles. He sucks 2 onces only at the baby sitter just enough to not starve and then he stops. Normally he used to take about 4
onces. Shabbes they tried at home and he refused bottles. Nursing is Ok BH. The cut is healed well already. What could she do? A free WIC lactation consultant said to try diferent nipples from the store. I think she should take baby to work meanwhile so he does not lose weight. Baby is 3 months.Was gaining well before.


Last edited by amother on Fri, Feb 15 2019, 2:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top

amother




Lime
 

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 9:13 pm
Absolutely try different nipples.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 10:22 pm
I'm not an expert on this by any means, but my baby also had a tongue tie cut and he's done really well on lansinoh momma bottles--they're supposed to be more like nursing. They were recommended by a lactation consultant and BH the only ones we had to try.
Back to top

pesek zman




 
 
 
 

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 10:34 pm
Who’s ‘they’ and ‘she’? I found this post very confusing
Back to top

amother




White
 

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 10:44 pm
too tired wrote:
Baby was advised to have a snip by his lip - and now refuses bottles. He sucks 2 onces only at the baby sitter just enough to not starve and then he stops. Normally he used to take about 4
onces. Shabbes they tried at home and he refused bottles. Nursing is Ok BH. The cut is healed well already. What could she do? A free WIC lactation consultant said to try diferent nipples from the store. I think she should take baby to work meanwhile so he does not lose weight. Baby is 3 months.Was gaining well before.


Is "she" your daughter, and "they" your daughter and her husband?
Back to top

amother




Lilac
 

Post Sat, Feb 09 2019, 10:58 pm
Delete
Back to top

amother




Linen
 

Post Fri, Feb 15 2019, 2:35 pm
amother wrote:
Is "she" your daughter, and "they" your daughter and her husband?


Exactly. Team work. She /they are still strugling. He is still not happy since his upper lip was snipped. He is nursing well but no longer good with bottles.
Back to top

octopus




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Feb 15 2019, 3:39 pm
There is a difference between a tongue and lip tie. I think a lip tie takes longer to heal
Back to top

amother




Linen
 

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 1:16 am
octopus wrote:
There is a difference between a tongue and lip tie. I think a lip tie takes longer to heal


poor baby he must be confused
Back to top

anonymrs




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 2:39 pm
After evision, it's very important to work with lactation consultant (even if bottle feeding) or feeding therapist to teach baby how to use the tongue properly. Also, have you been doing stretches?
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants

Related Topics Replies Last Post
[ Poll ] What water do you use for baby's bottles?
by amother
13 Wed, Apr 14 2021, 7:15 pm View last post
2 yr old screams every night and refuses to go to sleep
by amother
21 Tue, Apr 13 2021, 6:00 pm View last post
HELP! 1 yr old refuses to take antibiotics
by amother
9 Tue, Mar 23 2021, 4:15 pm View last post
ISO new baby bottles for pesach
by amother
4 Wed, Mar 10 2021, 8:39 am View last post
Using Opened Bottles of Cooking Wine 1 Mon, Mar 08 2021, 4:55 pm View last post
by zaq