Home

Bar keepers friend ruined the finish of my quartz counter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Teal

Post  Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:57 am
So it seems Barkeepers Friend, which came recommended by the store where I purchased this countertop,has now ruined the finish of my countertop. I have a white quartz countertop and I'm the spots where we used BKF, I see what looks like a bleach stain. Any way to remedy this or am I stuck with it?
I will call the store but am wondering if anyone has expert advice.

Amarante

Post  Tue, Feb 19 2019, 9:48 am
Try posting on Houzz.com forum as people there are extremely knowledgable in terms of dealing with all kinds of issues.

I have read numerous threads in which specific advice was given regarding damage to counters - quartz; marble, granite.

I am surprised the store recommended BF frankly though. I just finished a remodel and I got cleaning stuff specifically recommended for my counters. I purged anything that could be potentially be misused. Abrasive and bleaching products are specifically NOT recommended for quartz.

If the store recommended BF and it caused damage, I would firmly ask them to solve the problem.

In the future stock your home with products specifically meant for quartz. I don't have any products that could damage anything. I even got special toilet bowl cleaner that was safe for any surface. I got rid of Windex as well.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=U.....2hb0rmw1_e

ra_mom

Post  Tue, Feb 19 2019, 9:57 am
Oh gosh! It's definitely not used on stone, only porcelain (and enamel and metals). Sad
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry