Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Toy Storage

Maya

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 3:41 pm
I want to know how women here store their toys. Besides a toy box, there are shelves, or those who use only containers. Maybe buckets? What would you recommend?
Thank you.

anuta

Post Tue, Dec 18 2007, 6:13 pm
I store most toys in the bags and sterilite baskets on the shelves of my clothes closet.

I rotate the toys I have out for my kids to play with; I store the ones that are out in the Expedit shelf system from Ikea, in cloth square bins that fit into the shelves.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 8:51 am
I have 2 of these for toys with lots of pieces. then the games & puzzles go on shelves.

http://www.target.com/Natural-.....age=1

SingALong

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 9:03 am
I put everything in separate plastic containers. the megablocks all go in one, the train track set in another. clicks in another, etc. all medium sized plastic boxes with lids, from walmart. like sterilite but they are square. they go on shelves in the closet and I take out one at a time. they come in diff. sizes. games I keep in the box they come in on the shelf. all stuffed animals go in huge sterilite boxes, I just have 2 many and they take up so much room.
arts and crafts stuff I also keep in smaller plastic boxes

funny50

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 3:59 pm
I have the natural bins that momof3 put the link of (from target)
I'm very happy with it and it was easy to put together

shopaholic

Post Thu, Dec 20 2007, 12:46 pm
I like it because although they can make a mess, cleaning up is easy & the toys are always accessible & I don't have to keep getting things for them.

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 4:44 am
We also use baskets, and keep them all in the closet in the guest bedroom. There is one set of drawers with toys that are always out, and their play kitchen which for now lives in the living room. When they were younger I used to child lock the closet so they had to ask for extra toys, now they are pretty good about picking up and not taking out too many things so I let them have free access, but toys with a million pieces go on the top shelf so at least I know they are going to come out.

chocolatemilk

Post Sun, Jan 27 2008, 3:33 pm
I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of plastic baskets I put them in the closet and everything is more organized I even use them for clothing
another nice thing is hanging mesh baskets they have them at ikea in the kids section in 2 different lengths and all different colors they have a velcro clasp that fits around a closet hanging bar

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 10:17 pm
every toy is in a bin, I buy em in save rite and the closet looks so neat

amother

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 9:29 am
I put all my toys in plastic bins. Most are from save-rite or target. Keeps the closet neat and u take one at a time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics