Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Rubashkin Denied Entry Into U.K.
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

simba

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 2:18 pm
Thank you Mevater.
Don’t know why we need anti-semitism, we are so good at hating and judging our own.

nechamashifra

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 2:45 pm
I had a feeling this kind of thing would eventually happen. When he was released from jail, I cried with relief and happiness along with thousands of others. His sentence was way too long and seemed completely unfair to him and his family so yes it was a joyous day when he was finally freed.
But then people started making him into a celebrity ...why? Because it's a sensational story? Because it's the kind of thing that makes the news? That goes viral? He looks like a genuinely kind man that has a strong emunah but there are so many good people in the world that have inspirational stories ...why are we celebrating this particular one?

And for those who say every wealthy businessman has something to hide...it might make you feel better to believe that but it's just wishful thinking.

cbg

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 2:54 pm
Rabbi Y Mizrahi was also denied entry in the U.K.

Tzivia18

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 3:10 pm
Once upon a time there was a good Jew, his name was Sholom. He had ten beautiful children, one of whom was special needs. He built up a business, making jobs and building a community. He gave a lot of charity to Jewish and non-Jewish causes, yet lived simply. He was a patriotic man, with a big heart.

One horrible day, there was a raid. Many charges. Allegations. Child labour. Illegal immigrants. United States of America vs Sholom Rubashkin. It was scary. Workers detained. Families split apart. The factory and the whole business hung on a thread. Millions of dollars lost. Raw cattle left without anyone to deal.

House arrest. Courtcases. Tehillim. Shock. Sholom borrowed money from the bank to help recover from his losses. An evil judge, who was close to the prosecution. Witnesses. Yidden gathered in support. Sholom across America.

More court cases. Charges dropped BH. But oooh look Rubashkin borrowed money. From a bank who trusted him, and somehow, in the midst of much chaos, a long-forgotten law was broken. Oooh now they can bash him more.

More courtcases. Same evil judge. Guilty. Guilty. Guilty. 27 years imprisonment, $27 million in restitution. Longer than some murderers. Longer than some rapists. And way longer than the time for any similar financial crime.

More tehillim. Appeals. More Yidden gathered. More appeals. The supreme court. No. Nothing. Nada. Many long years. Eight years he sat in a jail cell, suffering. He went through Hell and back. Yet he strengthened himself, his family and the global Jewish community at large with his letters, his emunah and his bitachon. The Jewish community tried so hard to pull every string, to no avail.

Finally, Rubashkin got the final letter from the courts. Nothing more to be done. There was no more hope. He would sit for another 19 years. It was the end of the rope. Upon hearing the news, he smiled. Now only G-d can take him out.

The next day, the last day of Chanukah, festival of miracles, POTUS commuted his sentence, effective immediately. The joy was palpable. Everyone celebrated. In every community, in the streets, people came out. Dancing. Singing. An innocent man was finally freed. So much unnecessary suffering. The circle was complete. Sholom came home.

Now he goes around, talking to people, inspiring them and helping them. He is not a bitter man, he is a man who held strong to his G-d in the worst situations. With his easy laugh and unshakeable emunah, there is no one who leaves his presence without feeling himself being lifted, without feeling the magic of putting his trust in G-d.

Now that you heard his story, please tell me: is there ANY reason the English government should deny him entry?

Blessing1

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 3:21 pm
Tzivia18, all the good in the world won't take away the fact that he committed a crime. England has the right to do as they see fit.

Mevater

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 3:24 pm
Any US numbers, maybe of the English Embassy, that those who are interested, can call to support Rubashkin?

Blessing1

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 3:27 pm
Mevater, I think making a big fuss and stink out of this will just create a bigger chillul hashem. He should do as he's told and come home.

simba

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 3:29 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Tzivia18, all the good in the world won't take away the fact that he committed a crime. England has the right to do as they see fit.

England can do as they see fit. They can enjoy their millions of Muslims who rape their own woman while they are at it.

Meanwhile, why do you (I assume you are not her Majesty) need to cry out this "Huge Chillul Hashem"?

He is only a celebrity because others are inspired by him. People are asking him to come share his strength and Emuna. He is not funding his own trips and paying the crowds to show up.
If it is not something that is inspiring to you feel free to pass on the events but to say his show of Emuna and Achdus and Ahavas Yisroel is a "Huge Chillul Hashem" is rather hypocritical.

Monsey 10952

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 3:38 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I personally think that it's a huge chillul hashem to the world that Rubashkin is being treated as a celebrity. He did a crime

No one is above the law.

for 25 years ago there was a prosecutor in Rockland County (a reform jew) who said that no one is above the law. Until he was found guilty for his crimes which he then said that there is no justice.

I hope and pray that you never fall info prosecutors hands. but its not about law and justice at all.

The Jews suffered throughout the years on the basis of violating the law, the Holocaust was also about evil people who don't fit into society........

Last edited by Monsey 10952 on Sun, May 26 2019, 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raisin

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 3:39 pm
It doesnt take much to refused entry by the uk immigration. (Or the us for that matter... ) I know when I fill out the Visa waiver form to enter the us I have to answer questions about criminal records. So lying about it may already be a black mark.

Fox

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 3:46 pm
If you think all this sudden concern about R' Rubashkin bringing lawlessness to the UK has nothing to do with the elections and the Orthodox Jewish vote, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. 🙄

sequoia

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 3:55 pm
Raisin wrote:
It doesnt take much to refused entry by the uk immigration.

Yup

I was refused entry for absolutely no reason.
I’d been to the UK twice as a student (an undergraduate summer program and a postgraduate program at Cambridge) and several times as a tourist.
I had money, a place to stay, and an American passport.
And yet I was refused entry. To this day I have no idea what made them suspicious.

Beingreal

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 3:56 pm
My father went to prison for something he didn't do. Nothing against Runbashkin. England and Canada don't let felons in.

Last edited by Beingreal on Sun, May 26 2019, 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Raisin

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 3:57 pm
Fox, I would imagine the Orthodox Jewish vote is divided over this topic but probably most people would support Rubashkin. Also are they really a substantial voting bloc? (Nice as it would be to see Diane Abbot unseated not sure if that can happen)

Also what elections? There were European elections on thursday and there is a Conservative leadership election coming up which only party members can vote in. No definite plans for a general election but either way I cant imagine frum yidden will vote for labour. Maybe the lib dems or change if they are really fed up with Brexit.

Fox

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 4:08 pm
Raisin wrote:
Fox, I would imagine the Orthodox Jewish vote is divided over this topic but probably most people would support Rubashkin. Also are they really a substantial voting bloc? (Nice as it would be to see Diane Abbot unseated not sure if that can happen)

Also what elections? There were European elections on thursday and there is a Conservative leadership election coming up which only party members can vote in. No definite plans for a general election but either way I cant imagine frum yidden will vote for labour. Maybe the lib dems or change if they are really fed up with Brexit.

Correct, but it's not about the objective reality. The recent support for Tommy Robinson among frum Jews rattled a lot of people, leading the powers that be to pay much closer attention to potential influencers (even if they don't know quite what kind of influence he might wield).

PinkFridge

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 4:30 pm
Lesia wrote:
He IS a criminal. Are we going to deny that?

How about, he did the time, is rehabilitated, and is now not involved in the business?
Wouldn't you want all people who were in jail to have that second chance if they come out worthy of it?

Lesia

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 4:36 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
How about, he did the time, is rehabilitated, and is now not involved in the business?
Wouldn't you want all people who were in jail to have that second chance if they come out worthy of it?

Yes he did his time and moved on. That’s his second chance. It doesn’t mean he now needs to be a celebrity and described as a man with the highest level of yiras shamayim and frumkeit. That’s ridiculous and insulting to all simple, non-wealthy, non-criminal Jews who surely have a higher spot in Gan Eden than he does. His current status in the frum community is sickening, and I’m glad the UK has a small part in diminishing that status.

simba

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 4:39 pm
Lesia wrote:
Yes he did his time and moved on. That’s his second chance. It doesn’t mean he now needs to be a celebrity and described as a man with the highest level of yiras shamayim and frumkeit. That’s ridiculous and insulting to all simple, non-wealthy, non-criminal Jews who surely have a higher spot in Gan Eden than he does. His current status in the frum community is sickening, and I’m glad the UK has a small part in diminishing that status.

Says God herself.

Fox

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 4:40 pm
Lesia wrote:

Ma'am, this is a pizza shop.

Lesia

Post Sun, May 26 2019, 4:43 pm
Fox wrote:
Ma'am, this is a pizza shop.

Says the person who introduced British politics and names into a thread that had nothing to do with it, just to humble brag her knowledge of world politics.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics