Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What are your hobbies?
Previous  1  2

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 12:21 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I wouldn't call them hobbies, but things I enjoy doing even though I don't feel like doing it. Makes no sense, I know Confused .
Sewing, for clothing. I have made crafts and I don't mind, but as long as it has a purpose. I don't like stuff just for stuff.
Cooking and baking. I like to try new recipes, but not to patchka. I love to treat my children like guinea pigs Twisted Evil with new recipes. Some are fails and some are not. Too bad, I hardly remember what I did Rolling Eyes .
I loved doing crafts with my kids when they were younger. Now they're not interested.

Can we talk about sewing for a sec?
I wanna take it up! What machine do you recommend? How did you learn?

merrygold

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 12:26 pm
I detest routine and thrive on creativity.
I don't know if it's called a hobby but I love finding new ideas on pinterest on how to change up laundry routine, house management etc.
Always have to have a "project" underway- it's currently mommy camp (for kids' after camp hours)- not doing it cuz I have to but because I love making up songs, planning themes, projects etc. - so no constant hobby but always something...sometimes it's exercise- I love step it up!, sometimes it's DIY home decor, sometimes writing articles, sometimes it's eating...

merrygold

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 12:33 pm
forgot to add Purim! Major fun for me. Already finalizing costume ideas and then I make them. Take pictures of kids wearing them. Design a card with pics of kids. This takes me months but incorporates so many hobbies of mine- all creative: ideas (can thinking be a hobby?), creative design, photography, and then graphic design.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 12:58 pm
MiriFr wrote:
All you need is a lot of time and a staple gun! I am helping decorate my friend's house on a budget. We are painting the walls(ourselves!), and revamping furniture. I live right near a Michael's and a whole lotta thrift stores. We found excellent pieces and decor. It's coming out great so far!

I watched so many up cycle tv shoes to get me interested in doing it but I couldn’t find anything good in goodwill so I got discouraged. Which stores do you go thrifting in?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 1:21 pm
Readng
Writing
Genealogy
Music
Movies
Travel
Picnics
Restaurant eating
Used to have animals
Photography
In the end I've made money from some of those

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 1:58 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I watched so many up cycle tv shoes to get me interested in doing it but I couldn’t find anything good in goodwill so I got discouraged. Which stores do you go thrifting in?

There are a bunch of goodwills where I live. They get new things in all the time!

merrygold

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:05 pm
Goodwill contents vary by location. Try one in a more upscale neighborhood.

Saralle

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:06 pm
I don't have more time in the summer, I work around the calendar, no breaks.
I also don't have energy to clean my house, never mind pick up a hobby.
Only hobby I do these days (if you can call it that) is read. and schmooze.
I'd love to do something creative... I get depressed when I think about how much energy I used to have. Nowadays I go into bed as soon as my kids are in bed.
Does anyone have any ideas for me that don't take energy, or money? (two things I don't have enough of...)

saralem

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:17 pm
I'm with you, Saralle. I love reading, but thats all I seem to do, as a hobby. I'd like to: garden, get back to sewing (used to sew a lot), baking (used to bake all the time before I became so chubby), exercise, DIY. can't seem to find the energy or the motivation. that bothers me. somehow I feel like I should do more than work fulltime. My kids are grown--only one a home now. like I'm not making enough of my days.

merrygold

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:20 pm
Saralle wrote:
I don't have more time in the summer, I work around the calendar, no breaks.
I also don't have energy to clean my house, never mind pick up a hobby.
Only hobby I do these days (if you can call it that) is read. and schmooze.
I'd love to do something creative... I get depressed when I think about how much energy I used to have. Nowadays I go into bed as soon as my kids are in bed.
Does anyone have any ideas for me that don't take energy, or money? (two things I don't have enough of...)

I read in a book (forgot title) about "we time" for mothers. Find something that you enjoy doing and make it work with your kids. It's great bonding time and you'll get to do something you enjoy without waiting until you have the kids are sleeping and you have energy.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 2:29 pm
merrygold wrote:
Goodwill contents vary by location. Try one in a more upscale neighborhood.

Good idea. When I went it was the type of crowd you’d be scared to bump into at night... I felt out of place.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 3:47 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Good idea. When I went it was the type of crowd you’d be scared to bump into at night... I felt out of place.

Or look on craigslist or offerup!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 6:12 pm
Bargains are fun! I like finding the right thing when it's sold around for twice

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jul 01 2019, 6:27 pm
Everyone else has such constructive hobbies. I like to read fanfiction and talk on online forums.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 11:34 am
MiriFr wrote:
Can we talk about sewing for a sec?
I wanna take it up! What machine do you recommend? How did you learn?

How I learnt and others as well.
sewing machine recommendations and more recommendations. I haven't bought one in years.

MiriFr

Post Tue, Jul 02 2019, 1:23 pm
yo'ma wrote:
How I learnt and others as well.
sewing machine recommendations and more recommendations. I haven't bought one in years.

Just bought a Singer yesterday. So excited. Now I just gotta learn!

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:42 am
MiriFr wrote:
Just bought a Singer yesterday. So excited. Now I just gotta learn!

Hatzlacha!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics