Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Wow that’s Arichas yamim!
Previous  1  2

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 4:42 pm
Im a einikel, from the younger ones.

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:18 pm
What a funny place to meet LOL

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:31 pm
Yeah I wonder if I even "know" you. And who's the op? You think there are more cousins on here?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:51 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Yeah I wonder if I even "know" you. And who's the op? You t
hink there are more cousins on here?

I also wonder. R u a daughter in law?
Could be. You never know!!

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 10:45 pm
Yes im a daughter in law. What about you?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 10:55 pm
What was this special bubbies name?

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 11:29 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Haven’t heard of anyone living that long? DH’s grandmother almost made it to 106. She had an older sister that lived tot 101 and a younger sister that lived to 103. Pretty good gene pool.

My grandmother a"h lived to be 102. Her mother lived to be about 97, she had a brother who lived to be 100 and another who lived to be 101. Afaik, they each died from an accident, usually a fall and hitting their head that led to complications, not because of disease. They were also all completely with it mentally.

I met a distant cousin who was telling me stories of his relatives (who were closer cousins of my grandmother) who also lived to be quite old. One of them was hit by a bus while crossing the street at age 100.

I believe there is some research saying that extreme old age is caused by a gene mutation.

Eta. Why in the world did this get a hug? Hugger, if you want anyone to understand the point you're trying to make, please explain yourself

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 8:12 am
My 8th B-day was on the same day as my great-grandmother’s 103rd. I used het leftover sheet cake. She died a few months or so later. She was totally with it. She refused to wear certain dresses because they were "old lady dresses". Her daughters lived quite old as well. For sure upper 90's.
We visited her every shabbos.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 8:32 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

I believe there is some research saying that extreme old age is caused by a gene mutation.

Google "telemeres". Some people have lots of them, and some people don't.

The oldest recorded woman lived in France, until 121! In an interview, she said that one of her secrets was a glass of red wine every day, and to cook everything in lots of butter. She smoked until age 105, but then her doctor talked her into quitting.

The comedian George Burns died just before his 100th birthday. He smoked 5 cigars a day. When someone asked him what his doctors thought of that, he said "Nothing. They're all dead!"

I wish I could remember the name of this famous health guru from the 70's. He was a vegetarian, promoted all kinds of cures and vitamins, and went running every day. In him mid 50's he went out one day for a jog, and dropped dead from a massive heart attack.

Of course this doesn't prove any rule or anything. Hashem runs the world, and when it's your time, it's your time. Do your best to take care of yourself, not to avoid death, but to enjoy the life you have while you have it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational