Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is everyone going on birth control?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:57 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I'm going to Mikvah next week and I'm davening so hard to get pregnant this month

I'll daven for u , u daven for me . I'm going this week iyh . Been TTC for 6 months.

bigsis144

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

Good catch! Will edit 👍

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:25 pm
trixx wrote:
Um just wait 10 months there will be a huge birth surge. "corona babies" from everyone staying home lol
Um not even close. We are all home, me, dh, and children. My husband said "how about tomorrow afternoon and gave me the wink he gives me Wink and then stopped his sentence and said "oh, right, our children are here too".

I dont think there will be any surge in babies 9 months from now. I think there will be a lot of mental health issues, but not so many babies really.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:14 pm
Nope I’m continuing on as normal

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:22 pm
I was thinking of going on OCP to avoid having to go to the mikva for the time being.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:30 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I'll daven for u , u daven for me . I'm going this week iyh . Been TTC for 6 months.

Same.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:33 pm
My husband is. Since you asked.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:35 pm
I’m pregnant already so no. But to all those pregnant-you are considered a high risk for corona virus. Check out Natalie Crawford who’s an REI. So yes, if your pregnant take extra protection measures

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:35 pm
I'm already pregnant. I found out I was pregnant during Chanukah, so right before this all hit the news. If I hadn't, I definitely wouldn't be TTC now.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:32 pm
I'm not on my pills anymore. I was ttc but due to other reasons have stopped now for a few months. But I'm using spermicide now to prevent (If I get pregnant I'll be happy so I'ts ok, just not ideal. Dh wants to wait due to timing of a simcha) I'm not happy to put my body back on bc at the moment as my body is trying to get back to normal. Nothing to do with the coronovirus. I'd love to be a few months pregnant now.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:39 pm
the geulah in mitzrayim came davka from women going back to their men

Odelyah

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Seriously, I told my husband with no school and financials loss of work I don't see how it makes sense to choose to get pregnant now . What do you think?

when I saw the title of this thread I assumed you meant due to the potential increased health risk to pregnant women and the fetuses they are carrying. that is a reasonable question I think, and I think the answer would depend on each woman's unique combination of factors (location, other health issues, etc.)

but as far as your actual question, personally according to my understanding of bitachon and hishtadlus and how I apply it to my life, I wouldn't factor in the financial part, except perhaps in a situation where it would cause such extreme stress/anxiety that it becomes primarily a health consideration, not purely a financial one. If I factored in the financials alone, probably 5 of my 8 extraordinary, priceless children bli a"h would never have been born Wink

Odelyah

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:08 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Anything that wouldn't make you a niddah if your going to be home for a while...

I actually was also thinking this might be reasonable too (at least for people who are already on BC), although I'm not generally a fan of non-stop hormones, in places where there are more people who've tested positive, in order to avoid having to go to the mikveh, or potentially being stuck in niddah in a quarantine situation.. Sad

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:30 pm
Interesting thread. I was planning to go off BC in May but I was also wondering if I should push that off. I’m afraid of becoming a niddah while mikvahs might be shut down or G-d forbid quarantined.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:33 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
I’m pregnant already so no. But to all those pregnant-you are considered a high risk for corona virus. Check out Natalie Crawford who’s an REI. So yes, if your pregnant take extra protection measures

Can u link?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:55 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Well, too late for me! Going through all of the above at 6 weeks pregnant. Do you think Corona for a girl, Cory for a boy?

Atara for a girl
(Atara=crown=Corona)

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:56 pm
Well, just tested positive..... now what...

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 11:06 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:

You should have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby! Please don’t worry that will cause more harm! You can call ur ob tell them u just tested u want to know if u need to take precautions

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 11:07 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:

Omg. Where do you live?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 11:09 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Omg. Where do you live?

Why you freaking out?? I live in a breakout area and they didn’t come out with anything for pregnant people she has nothing to worry about don’t scare her!!
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics