Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
MBTI personality type ISFP

sweetie2shoes

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 5:03 pm
I see there are a couple of threads about INTJ and INFJ personalities. I have a number of INFJs in my life and I respect them a lot. They have a lot of depth and consider the future results of everything they do.
As far as myself, my test result was ISFP and I do relate to most of what is written about this personality. It's just that ISFPs are made out to be pretty straightforward, while I am definitely not. I'd call myself sensitive, complicated, intense.
I would like to hear from others who typed as ISFP, how do you experience the world and what is your life like?

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 5:07 pm
My test came out at ESFP, so that’s similar enough. I’m definitely sensitive, complicated and intense as well. I think that’s all F and P parts. The S is what would make us straightforward I think. I’m any case, my test gave percentages and mine were all 40/60 range... I guess I’m part everything

sweetie2shoes

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 5:25 pm
Thank you for that perspective.
Would you be comfortable sharing if you have a career or job?
I had jobs in the past but I found them so mind numbingly boring and I lost my motivation. I have been a sahm for a while but I'm not happy with that either. I need to get back to it and earn an income but I also need to be able to cope with it every single day. If anyone has an idea for me please share.

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 6:13 pm
I’m starting PA school at the end of the summer. I’ve been a medical assistant, nurses assistant, lifeguard, counselor.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 6:31 pm
Thanks. It's hard to find other ISFPs online, seems not too many of them bother joining personality forums or groups.
Anyone else?

amother
White

Post Sat, Jul 25 2020, 3:21 pm
I’m also an ISFP. I feel exactly how you do regarding work. I’ve had jobs and currently don’t and being a sahm isn’t fulfilling.
People in the outside wouldn’t consider me an intense person but in the inside and in my home I look at myself as one.

ETA: I just reread the post and would also consider myself sensitive and complicated without a doubt.

I also think that I read somewhere that isfp isn’t common

sweetie2shoes

Post Sat, Jul 25 2020, 10:23 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I’m also an ISFP. I feel exactly how you do regarding work. I’ve had jobs and currently don’t and being a sahm isn’t fulfilling.
People in the outside wouldn’t consider me an intense person but in the inside and in my home I look at myself as one.

ETA: I just reread the post and would also consider myself sensitive and complicated without a doubt.

I also think that I read somewhere that isfp isn’t common

Yes, exactly. The intensity is all inside my own mind and heart.
Out in the world I accept and love everyone exactly as they are.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 12:35 pm
What does MBTI stand for?
I took a free online test and am ISFP/T
I’m intense and sensitive. Currently SAHM but feel like I need something to stimulate my brain. My test called my personality “adventurer” and I’m far from adventurous.
Can anyone explain the personality type better?

My husband scored ESFP/A

sweetie2shoes

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 3:24 pm
MBTI is the Myers Briggs Type Indicator. It's a personality system which classifies people into one of 16 different personality types based on how they take in information, how they make decisions and how they interact with the world around them.

ISFP indicates an Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving type. Each type is more than the sum of its parts. The following is a quote from the website 16personalities.com:

Adventurer (ISFP) is a person with the Introverted, Observant, Feeling, and Prospecting personality traits. They tend to have open minds, approaching life, new experiences, and people with grounded warmth. Their ability to stay in the moment helps them uncover exciting potentials.

sweetie2shoes

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 3:27 pm
Here is the link to the page:
https://www.16personalities.co.....ality

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:10 am
Perhaps I'm most closely INTP. btw, I'm acutely sensitive to lack of sensitivity. And to judgmentalism. But unlike anyone else I know of, I consider judgmentalism to be "rashly assuming, for example, that I like tart apples, simply because I picked up a tart apple from a plate." I have this ongoing fury at having been foisted into a world which suffers from an acute preference for poor, inaccurate communication, and for assuming that everyone grasps tech as if they're geeks. It's that very tendency which causes me tremendous hardship, with the latest being a horrible instruction manual for a specific flip-phone, and another horrible instruction manual for a dehumidifier (stupidly labelling both the auto-pump hose, and the gravity hose "continuous drainage". That resulted in a leak).
A normal tech-writer would have pointed at the gravity-drainage valve, stating in HUGE bold text - WARNING! IGNORE THIS VALVE UNLESS YOU USE THE "GRAVITY" HOSE THAT DEPENDS ON GRAVITY FOR DRAINAGE! OTHERWISE IT WILL LEAK!

I've been told I'm a Mars/Mercury type - by a brilliant accurate astrologer.

Mars is a fighter, but another part of me always said "but what will people think?" That part would want to make peace.

This internal war played out throughout my life, and took a terrible toll on my nervous system.

I'll now revert to the Mars part of me, and be frank in my observation that a large preponderance of imamother membership seems to be overly impressed by verbiage and the latest and greatest you-name-its of the world at large. Had all of you endured the gauntlet which I have, you'd have have had your illusions stripped away long ago, realizing most of it is fluff. A facade. I think that's what End Times is beginning to impress on everyone. Because little by little materialism is getting stripped away, chain stores are closing, etc... Also getting exposed is the raw truth about the nature of politicians and the populace.

The irony is that I'm more dependent on (certain) creature comforts than any of you.

sweetie2shoes

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 10:26 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
unlike anyone else I know of, I consider judgmentalism to be "rashly assuming, for example, that I like tart apples, simply because I picked up a tart apple from a plate.

amother magenta, I find your post fascinating. Especially the line above, it's given me food for thought.

ISFPs, do you feel like your personality is full of contradictions? Or is it just me?

What about being trusting and gullible? Or are you very savvy?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics