Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What’s something you’ve watched and regret watching it?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:29 pm
[removed]

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:34 pm
The girl next door 2007.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:43 pm
cbsp wrote:
It was HS entrance exam season in 8th grade.

I took a test for a particular high school that only a handful of friends also took. We finished but it didn't make sense to go to school at that point so we went to one friend's house.

They rented a horror movie - I think it was called Sleepaway Camp - that was well beyond anything I had ever seen before. It didn't occur to me that I could just leave the room and I watched the entire thing.

It took months to get over much of the fear, years to fully get over having seen it.

(I just looked it up now. I had no idea it was rated R and I have absolutely no idea why this friend's parents were ok with renting it and our watching it.)
omg me too but I was in elementary very young, a relative of mine rented it and I was there and it also didn't occur to me to leave even though I was horrified and couldn't believe what I saw horrible sick movie. Flushing down toilets ugh I'm gonna have nightmares tonite

soap suds

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:43 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
[removed]
??? Scratching Head

IMO

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:46 pm
The ring

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:52 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Unorthodox What

The movie about esty?

If it’s that I’m confused what was traumatic about it?

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:53 pm
Content which is not family friendly should not be posted here. Please stick to movies and shows only.

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:53 pm
SuperWify wrote:
For me-

Any episode of Forensic Files but one that won’t be named sticks out (a story about a woman who murdered her kids Sad)

The documentary that was touted on Netflix as trending #1 in US- The American Murder. DONT watch if you value your sleep and sanity. Don’t even look it up. Stop right there!!!I lost mine since watching this over 3 weeks ago Sad Same theme as the above.

Netflix now keeps on pushing me to watch Unsolved Mysteries and other terrible murder documentaries. Attention Netflix- I KNOW you like stealing my sleep but if you continue in this vein I will cancel my subscription!!!

And Cuties. 🤢
Enough said but at least I’m not robbed of my sleep.

For DH:
Goosebumps (I mean, seriously?)

Now I'm so excited to watch American Murder! Lol. I absolutely love True Crime, Forensic Files, and adored (in the way that people love scary movies) Unsolved Mysteries as a kid. I found only one of the Unsolved Mysteries vaguely unsettling - the first one. I thought about it all night. My favorite episodes of old school Unsolved Mysteries were the ones with "UPDATE" at the end. But they were all crazy - they always included one about ghosts or aliens or amnesia. EVERYONE has amnesia.

My movie that I absolutely most regret was a fictionalized movie of a crime, and it was a crime perpetrated against a woman. And it was so unbelievably and unjustifiably graphic and gratuitous that it still burns my brain. I wish I'd never seen it.

frum_lady

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 6:57 pm
The Netflix series - The Spy. I really liked it, but the filthy scene was sooo bad. I totally wish I could unsee it.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:12 pm
Content which is not family friendly should not be posted here. Please stick to movies and shows only.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:25 pm
The second season of Mossad 101. The first season was intense, but exceptionally well done, and in some places it was really funny. The second season got dark pretty quickly - and went downhill from there. It was pretty horrifying.

I can't watch any movie where a woman gets kidnapped and tortured. I just can't. It doesn't matter if it's fiction or a documentary. I'll have nightmares for weeks afterward.

Supernatural stuff doesn't scare me, but I don't like anything that jumps at the screen.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:28 pm

jeweled

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:29 pm
Horror movies: The Ring. Hide and Seek. The exorcist. It. Hannibal 🙈🙈🙈🙈

gilamom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:30 pm
Ghost Ship. The part where the rope broke free...omg, nightmares.

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:33 pm
I forgot the name of the other scary movie I watched but there was this family renting or staying in a house and throughout the movie there was knocking by a ghost which really creeped me out.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:39 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
Now I'm so excited to watch American Murder! Lol. I absolutely love True Crime, Forensic Files, and adored (in the way that people love scary movies) Unsolved Mysteries as a kid. I found only one of the Unsolved Mysteries vaguely unsettling - the first one. I thought about it all night. My favorite episodes of old school Unsolved Mysteries were the ones with "UPDATE" at the end. But they were all crazy - they always included one about ghosts or aliens or amnesia. EVERYONE has amnesia.

My movie that I absolutely most regret was a fictionalized movie of a crime, and it was a crime perpetrated against a woman. And it was so unbelievably and unjustifiably graphic and gratuitous that it still burns my brain. I wish I'd never seen it.

We so dont have the same tastes lol

But really I won’t come back and say I told you so once you watched it!!

Last edited by SuperWify on Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:41 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Removed

Removed

Also, the 100. I watched a good part of it, maybe a couple of seasons' worth, getting more and more disturbed from the violence and stuff, when it occured to me that if it was a movie, it'd probably be rated R (it's a show in case you're unfamiliar with it... duff rating criteria). And I don't watch R rated movies, like at all, if I can help it. At that point I was like OMG, I've been watching r rated stuff on a reg basis for the past few weeks!
It's honestly not the worst thing out there (or that I've seen, tbh), but this was just really disorienting and disturbing from me

wantavaca

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 7:44 pm
hunger games

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
The movie about esty?

If it’s that I’m confused what was traumatic about it?

Traumatic? I wouldn’t give it that much credit.
It’s an all around awful show. It’s a great way to charicature-ize Jews. But besides for that, it’s done so poorly and sloppily.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Oct 19 2020, 8:15 pm
The first show I watched 😔

I wish I would never have started with this habit it’s such a time waster and I hate myself for it
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics