Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Indoctrination, Control and its Aftermath
  Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 20  21  22  Next

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:13 pm
nchr wrote:
At least we know they both still have ilee potential..

Potential? My son reads at a 3rd grade level and he hasn’t learned the abcs in cheder yet.

nchr

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:14 pm
Zehava wrote:
Potential? My son reads at a 3rd grade level and he hasn’t learned the abcs in cheder yet.

I'm sorry I really intended for my comment to be directed at Crust, not at you or your children ch'v.

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:15 pm
And now everyone is sitting grocery boxes. What rules are we breaking?

small bean

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:16 pm
Nchr would you call your house relaxed and enjoyable?

In my house unless it's dangerous almost anything goes. It's lively, fun and relaxed all at the same minute.

I have a couch in my bedroom and my feet are currently up on it. I'm relaxing while I nurse my baby.

nchr

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:16 pm
Those are great toys. And pots and pans.

crust

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:17 pm
nchr wrote:
I'm sorry I really intended for my comment to be directed at Crust, not at you or your children ch'v.

Reply to which comment?

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:18 pm
nchr wrote:
Those are great toys. And pots and pans.

Na I prefer my pots in their cabinets. That’s what child locks are for.

nchr

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:18 pm
crust wrote:
Reply to which comment?

The inappropriate comment which I deleted since I had no intention of singling out a posters actual real child, but was just commenting in response to your platchig suggestion.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:19 pm
nchr wrote:
I don't love the idea of jumping around in general, but in my comment I was referring to when in class with a teacher who is not strict, as another poster pointed out she believes children will misbehave for lenient teachers. I do not think they will, unless something is developmentally wrong or they have an underlying condition, which is ok. Otherwise, for a typical kid, misbehavior is a reflection of the parents IMO.

Were you ever a kid? I think not.

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:23 pm
zaq wrote:
Were you ever a kid? I think not.

My question is you must’ve gone to school with other kids. Did you just assume they all lacked chinuch?

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:25 pm
And now said almost-three-year old is mostly naked since one piece of clothing after another got wet or dirty. Is there a rule against getting wet and dirty?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:26 pm
DO YOUR KIDS EVER GIGGLE? PLAY DRESS UP? DO YOU RUN FOR THE CAMERA WHEN YOUR TODDLER SPILLS HIS PLATE OF CEREAL AND MILK ON HIS HEAD? OR DO YOU RUN FOR THE BELT. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THIS THREAD MAKES ME SOOOOOOO SAD!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:26 pm
Really interesting post! I’m going to go through and read all of the comments. So far, from just the first page, a lot of great points were brought up!

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:29 pm
Zehava wrote:
And now said almost-three-year old is mostly naked since one piece of clothing after another got wet or dirty. Is there a rule against getting wet and dirty?

Page 314 :
Punishment for child who dirties themself: they must go into the wash machine along with the clothes and go through a normal cycle. This is “normal” after all. Even the wash machine says so.

nchr

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:29 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
1. DO YOUR KIDS EVER GIGGLE? 2. PLAY DRESS UP? 3. DO YOU RUN FOR THE CAMERA WHEN YOUR TODDLER SPILLS HIS PLATE OF CEREAL AND MILK ON HIS HEAD? 4. OR DO YOU RUN FOR THE BELT. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THIS THREAD MAKES ME SOOOOOOO SAD!

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
I'm literally talking about jumping on a couch and you've gone off the rails.

Zehava wrote:
My question is you must’ve gone to school with other kids. Did you just assume they all lacked chinuch?

I wish I could answer this, but I do not remember. I don't think typical kids were jumping around in class while the teacher was teaching, no.

Last edited by nchr on Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:30 pm
nchr wrote:
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
I'm literally talking about jumping on a couch and you've gone off the rails.

Yes I’m off the rails hanging on by my last thread. Why is #3 a no?

crust

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:30 pm
nchr wrote:
The inappropriate comment which I deleted since I had no intention of singling out a posters actual real child, but was just commenting in response to your platchig suggestion.

I'm not following but that's ok.

I am starting to think that there's a huge part of society that I do not know.

I have family from many walks of life and I work with people from even more walks of life.

I thought I covered the world.

El oh el.

nchr

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:33 pm
crust wrote:
I'm not following but that's ok.

I am starting to think that there's a huge part of society that I do not know.

I have family from many walks of life and I work with people from even more walks of life.

I thought I covered the world.

El oh el.

You said platchige children follow rules. A poster said her children were not following rules. I said then at least we know they have ilee potential. I meant for that comment to be directed at your "platchiga" comment not at the poster or her child who I obviously do not know and have no right to comment on.

zaq

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:34 pm
nchr wrote:
Shoin, so I guess me, my siblings, my children, and most of my nieces and nephews are just platchig. Meanwhile, I think the more intelligent, the more likely to be calm, understand rules, understand normalcy, know what limits shouldn't be pushed, and engage in quiet ruiga activities.

I beg to differ. Some of the brightest kids in my class were some of the most rambunctious and even chutzpadik. maybe they were bored because their minds were way ahead of the rest of the class. maybe they really were smarter than the teachers. (We had a genius or two.) maybe they just had no sitzfleish and maybe they really were spawns of Satan. There is no question that they knew the rules and understood them--they just didn't feel like obeying them. Revolutions are usually started by highly intelligent people.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 29 2020, 6:39 pm
zaq wrote:
I beg to differ. Some of the brightest kids in my class were some of the most rambunctious and even chutzpadik. maybe they were bored because their minds were way ahead of the rest of the class. maybe they really were smarter than the teachers. (We had a genius or two.) maybe they just had no sitzfleish and maybe they really were spawns of Satan. There is no question that they knew the rules and understood them--they just didn't feel like obeying them. Revolutions are usually started by highly intelligent people.

Yup, I know a kid or ten like that.
Page 7 of 22   Previous  1  2  3 6  7  8 20  21  22  Next Recent Topics