Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Shingles symptoms after covid exposure
1  2  Next

ANS

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:28 am
Has anyone experienced symptoms of shingles, particularly a painful, burning rash with blisters, after being exposed to covid?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 10:38 am
People are getting all kinds of weird flare ups after Corona. The list of things that Corona triggers is a mile long, and it's still too early to say who will have long term effects, how long they will last, and which symptoms they will get.

What I do know is that Corona wrecks your immune system for a pretty long time. I got it the week before Purim, and I've been having night sweats and cold sores inside my mouth for months. I've never had them this bad before.

The only thing that helps is to take massive amounts of L-lysine supplements. B'H they are not expensive, and easy to find at any drug or natural food store. My grandmother used to get shingles badly, and her doctor put her on L-lysine every day for maintenance. It really helps keep it under control.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:26 am
Rashes are possible symptom of covid. I would assume covid positive and test.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:42 am
I know of someone that had covid a while back and got shingles recently.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 11:59 am
If you’re getting this two weeks or so after having covid, you should call your doctor. Look up multi-system inflammatory syndrome.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 12:12 pm
Shingles are not just a rash - they specifically are only on one side of the body. they don't cross your mid-line. Imagine a line of symmetry drawn down your body - the shingles would be only on one side of that line.

I have one DD who got the chicken pox at age 11 months (the vaccine is typically given at 12 months, so before that a baby can get the chicken pox if exposed) and at age 11 she got shingles. It was very painful, and the rash - big blistering - sort of wrapped around her from one side of her chest to the other, but not crossing that line.

B"H she did not have this when she had COVID.

naomi2

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 12:27 pm
Maybe you just have shingles??
Why does everything have to be covid

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 12:40 pm
I had shingles a few months ago. My dr said she is seeing a lot of shingles this year- its caused by stress and a lot of people are stressed.

If it is shingles there are medications that really help but you need to take them ASAP.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jan 11 2021, 1:04 pm
naomi2 wrote:

If you don't know what virus you're dealing with how do you know how to treat it effectively? It's important to have an accurate diagnosis. Someone who was exposed to a virus and then develops symptoms should start by looking into whether it is in fact that virus. Whether it's flu, chicken pox, or covid.

It's possible that it's just shingles.
It's possible that it's just covid.
It's possible that covid triggered shingles (yes there is evidence of this).

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 12:18 am
I got dxed with shingles today. Never had covid.

I guess that means not having covid causes shingles.

That's the logic we go by these days I think.

tweety1

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 12:48 am
naomi2 wrote:

Nuu Shaaa. Everything is covid related. Even first trimester nausea.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 1:08 am
tweety1 wrote:
Nuu Shaaa. Everything is covid related. Even first trimester nausea.

Because it's so much nicer when we can pretend covid is as simple as getting a cold, right? Sorry people keep reminding you of the truth. It's hard to keep getting shaken out of fantasy land.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 2:08 am
naomi2 wrote:

Calm down. Nobody said it HAD to be Covid.

There are a lot of things happening to people post-Covid, and doctors are still trying to put the pieces together.

Some may be sheer coincidence, some indirectly related (like due to stress), and some are directly related (like organ damage.)

The other day I stubbed my toe. Post-Covid symptoms can include dizziness and lack of coordination. Did Covid make me stub my toe? Maybe, or maybe not. Maybe I was just in a hurry, and wasn't watching where I was going. What

This is a unique virus, and there's still a lot we don't know. There's no harm in asking if someone else had the same thing happen to them.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 6:39 am
You can get shingles when your immune system is weakened, from any virus or from stress.

naomi2

Post Tue, Jan 12 2021, 7:11 am
The thing is , she only said she had covid exposure. Not that she had other covid symptoms and a shingles-like rash.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 1:35 pm
I just got diagnosed with shingles and had covid last spring, but I am hearing of pple getting it. I guess from weakened immune system.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:17 pm
If it’s shingles, please get it diagnosed right away. My dh was able to get it diagnosed in a virtual visit (ie don’t go out if you’re in quarantine).
There is a medicine for it but it has to be taken within the first 3 days.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 2:54 pm
Two of my coworkers just had shingles. But one had Covid in March and the other didnt have Covid. I think Shingles is just going around.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 3:01 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Two of my coworkers just had shingles. But one had Covid in March and the other didnt have Covid. I think Shingles is just going around.

Shingles doesn't go around. It is a reactivation of the chicken pox virus like herpes sores, etc. However, when you hear of shingles, you hear of a lot of chicken pox and I know Monsey and Monroe had tons of chicken pox now.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Feb 14 2021, 3:05 pm
I would love to know. People getting shingles now. Whether or not you had covid, did you recently have the covid vaccine? Perhaps shingles is a possible side effect of the vaccine.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics