Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Jealous of celebrities
Previous  1  2

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:54 pm
flowerpower wrote:
It comes hand in hand

Exactly Smile hence my first post about me not being jealous of them!

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 3:56 pm
There are a lot of people who work very hard to keep people jealous of celebrities. It sells magazines and beauty products.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:06 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Yes.
I was five or six when I realized I didn't want to be a movie star, after all. I had heard on the radio that some Hollywood diva had just gotten divorced for the fourth or fifth time, and that was shortly after several other actresses had also gotten divorced. Hollywood's loss, my Drama Club's gain.

Plenty of celebrities have happy marriages.

DH and I were discussing Neil Sedaka yesterday. He and his wife, Leba, have been married since 1962.

Denzel and Paulette Washington since 1983. Meryl Streep and Don Gummer since 1978. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson since 1988. Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgewick since 1988. Mark Hamill and Marilou York since 1978.

Plenty of reasons not to want fame. But that's not one.

icedcoffee

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 5:22 pm
When celebrities go through scandals or divorces or drug problems, it's plastered everywhere so we all know about it. We don't hear so publicly about all the regular people who have similar problems, because at least they get the gift of privacy. Likewise, the celebrities who are living perfectly normal happy lives aren't splashed all over the news. It isn't a headline story if Meryl Streep has brunch with her loving husband of 43 years in her mansion. But they do exist!

I've noticed on this website there is an insistence that nobody is as happy as they look, that Instagram is completely fake, and that if you post beautiful photos, you must be desperate for love and are hiding a deep sadness. And yet.... sometimes people really are wealthy and successful and happy, and there's no catch. It's okay to acknowledge that, instead of insisting that no one actually does have a very charmed life. The key is to find happiness with your lot in life instead of trying to put down others because they appear too good to be true.

That's not to say celebrities don't put out a very curated image. Or that the lifestyle doesn't come with serious strain, whether it's a lack of privacy, a grueling work schedule, months away from your spouse, or intense pressure to maintain a certain appearance. But it's also disingenuous to say that there aren't famous people out who truly hit the jackpot and love that life.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:05 pm
the second I realized erika christianson is part of the cult of scientology is when I realized that they are just ppl, just as vulnerable like you and me

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:40 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Plenty of celebrities have happy marriages.

DH and I were discussing Neil Sedaka yesterday. He and his wife, Leba, have been married since 1962.

Denzel and Paulette Washington since 1983. Meryl Streep and Don Gummer since 1978. Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson since 1988. Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgewick since 1988. Mark Hamill and Marilou York since 1978.

Plenty of reasons not to want fame. But that's not one.

Ron Howard.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 6:44 pm
They aren't part of my life at all. I pay them no attention.

IsraeliSoul

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:06 pm
One thing I know is that their life has to look nice for the cameras and fans and they can’t afford to show anything else.

There’s the term “Hollywood lies” for a reason. Lots of lies and pretending over there.

Think of Justin Bieber. He almost committed suicide twice. Listen to his song, lonely, maybe it’ll give you a little glimpse into their truer world.

chay

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:27 pm
This reminds me of a story:

A chosid once came to the Lubavitcher Rebbe and said "How can it be, that when the chossid, Peretz Mochkin comes to the Rebbe he has to borrow a kapaté because his has a rip and can't afford a new one. Yet Marilyn Monroe is earning more money than a person could ever use"

The Rebbe responded, you can't compare the quality of life...

We were given a life full of quality, purpose and meaning.

Every day of my life I just thank Hashem.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 7:29 pm
I just want the money part. Nothing else about their sad lives

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:03 pm
I totally hear you OP. However, as I get older, I realize that the pain I feel on seeing lines on my face in the mirror is nothing compared to their sheer terror. And everyone ages, there’s no escaping it!

I listened to some Oprah podcast she did with beautiful women and how they felt about aging. It was eye-opening. Women jealous of their daughters. Plastic surgery and how it all just doesn’t help. Jane Fonda has literally done everything and she gets super insulted because all people ask is what work she’s had done.

When you’re a celebrity, the one thing you know for sure is that it’s fleeting. The next new and shiny thing will replace you. It’s an awful way to live. If you even make it to be famous, because there’s loads and loads of beautiful women out there. If you read the whole Weinstein saga, there was an awful lot of women who had to go through some very bad things to get famous.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 8:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm jealous of some celebrities...am I crazy?

Why? They're so rarely in long term committed relationships. Their careers are so unpredictable and they can never just stay put long enough to call any place home. Plus it looks like such hard work to constantly look so good. No....too tiring for me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics