Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How many bathrooms
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 5:59 am
I grew up with 1 full bath and 1 half bath and we were a family of 10 altogether. It was rough I tell ya!!!

I remember walking down the block to use a relative's bathroom if there were none available in my house. Not all the time but once or twice in my childhood. And my brothers for sure went in the backyard at some point too! 🙈

Bh I have plenty of bathrooms in my house now! Growing up like that was dysfunctional.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:01 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I grew up with 1 full bath and 1 half bath and we were a family of 10 altogether. It was rough I tell ya!!!

I remember walking down the block to use a relative's bathroom if there were none available in my house. Not all the time but once or twice in my childhood. And my brothers for sure went in the backyard at some point too! 🙈

Bh I have plenty of bathrooms in my house now! Growing up like that was dysfunctional.

It's absolutely not dysfunctional to have 1 full bath and 1 half bath! It's more common than you think, especially years ago.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:04 am
Family of 5. Three full baths (one master, one for kids, and one downstairs.)

I feel for you OP.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:05 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
It's absolutely not dysfunctional to have 1 full bath and 1 half bath! It's more common than you think, especially years ago.

It is dysfunctional to have to go pee at a neighbor/relative or in the backyard!!!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:07 am
Family of 6 (one is a newborn) 4 full bathrooms. Separate laundry room. One master, one kids, one guests, one on main floor. Bh no issues.o even bathe my kids all at the same time in separate bathrooms.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:08 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
It is dysfunctional to have to go pee at a neighbor/relative or in the backyard!!!

No it's not. You learn to hold it in an wait till a bathroom becomes available. Not everyone has multiple bathrooms & they're not dysfunctional. You come up with a system.
And it's no big deal for a boy to pee in the woods once in a while.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:10 am
Family of 5. 1 bathroom. that's about to change. We do have a basement bathroom, but you have to go out of the house to get to, but in real cases of emergency - that's there.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:15 am
No it's not. You learn to hold it in an wait till a bathroom becomes available. Not everyone has multiple bathrooms & they're not dysfunctional. You come up with a system.
And it's no big deal for a boy to pee in the woods once in a while.

I don't know how you grew up but we were a family of 10! Some people had bathroom issues. Having to go somewhere else to use the bathroom is not ok. And no matter what system you use it doesn't always work out. We had a system for showers and that was fine but needing the toilet is a different story!

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:17 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I don't know how you grew up but we were a family of 10! Some people had bathroom issues. Having to go somewhere else to use the bathroom is not ok. And no matter what system you use it doesn't always work out. We had a system for showers and that was fine but needing the toilet is a different story!

Having 2 bathrooms is dysfunctional? What would you have liked your parents to do?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:18 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

I grew up with more siblings than you & 2 bathrooms, and no, it's not dysfunctional and it's perfectly ok. Bh I had a happy normal childhood. If you say that having 2 bathrooms is dysfunctional, you don't know what dysfunctional means. Many people have 2 bathrooms for multiple kids, there's nothing wrong with that.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:19 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Having 2 bathrooms is dysfunctional? What would you have liked your parents to do?

Ummmm maybe add one on when they added on to the rest of house????

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:19 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

Next time someone vents about their dysfunctional children, I'll think that it might be because they only had 2 bathrooms and not 1 per person........

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:20 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

I remember being by my parents for pesach one year... 7 people, 2 bathrooms. Both were occupied, I was pregnant and really needed to go #2 (tummy trouble). So I ran outside with some baby wipes and... Yeah. BH parents backyard is surrounded by trees.

But I never, ever want my kids to ever have to do that! One of the most embarrassing times in my life!

Very important for me to have enough bathrooms.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:21 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Ummmm maybe add one on when they added on to the rest of house????

Maybe they didn't have money for it or couldn't get a permit? It's so wrong to call parents dysfunctional because you had 2 bathrooms. 2 bathrooms is considered a luxury for many. You come across as seriously entitled and spoiled. Dysfunctional is not a term to throw around loosely.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:21 am
We’re a family of 7 with 2 full bathrooms. I would love to have a master bath or another bathroom in the attic or basement but that’s not happening anytime soon and we manage totally fine as is. The second shower is a game changer, we looked at a lot of houses where the second bathroom was only a half bath and I’m so happy we ended up with 2 full.

Frumme

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:23 am
I grew up with more siblings than you & 2 bathrooms, and no, it's not dysfunctional and it's perfectly ok. Bh I had a happy normal childhood. If you say that having 2 bathrooms is dysfunctional, you don't know what dysfunctional means. Many people have 2 bathrooms for multiple kids, there's nothing wrong with that.

I wonder if your siblings would agree with your assessment, out of curiosity. It's possible you perceive it one way and that they might perceive it another.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:26 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:

B.C.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:26 am
Frumme wrote:
I wonder if your siblings would agree with your assessment, out of curiosity. It's possible you perceive it one way and that they might perceive it another.

This was never discussed, and who knows, maybe they're weren't all happy with this. But it's not dysfunctional. None of my siblings would ever call our parents dysfunctional for having 2 bathrooms. That's absurd.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:27 am
Maybe they didn't have money for it or couldn't get a permit? It's so wrong to call parents dysfunctional because you had 2 bathrooms. 2 bathrooms is considered a luxury for many. You come across as seriously entitled and spoiled. Dysfunctional is not a term to throw around loosely.

Wow so beautiful that you are being dan l'kaf zechus my parents. They decided not to put on another one. They could have done it, but decided not to. As I mentioned before, some people in my family had bathroom issues and could be in the bathroom for an hour or longer.

Have you ever had to go run down the block while crossing your legs to use someone else's bathroom? I think I can decide if the situation was dysfunctional or not. And I am saying it was.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 02 2021, 6:28 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Wow so beautiful that you are being dan l'kaf zechus my parents. They decided not to put on another one. They could have done it, but decided not to. As I mentioned before, some people in my family had bathroom issues and could be in the bathroom for an hour or longer.

Have you ever had to go run down the block while crossing your legs to use someone else's bathroom? I think I can decide if the situation was dysfunctional or not. And I am saying it was.

May you never know what true dysfunctional really means. Unless there were more issues going on, having 2 bathrooms is not dysfunctional.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics