Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Daycare
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:50 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Throw the tomatoes, but I'll say it anyway - so sad that kids are in daycare nearly
every waking hour. Sad

They're not necessarily there every waking hour. Its just available if needed. Lakewood is actually very well known for their family friendly office hours.

ETA: Navy explained it better.

Last edited by Mommyg8 on Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 12:52 am
#BestBubby wrote:
In Peekaboo it is two Morahs for 2 year olds - I think for 15 kids.

For babies it is 1 Morah for 4 babies.

My daughter just turned 2 when she had 4 morahs and was the oldest in her class...

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 4:46 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I've had a very successful playgroup for years in Boro Park. I moved to Lakewood a year ago.
I'm considering opening a playgroup here.
You think I can ask $750 if I offer these hours? 8:30 to 4:15? I thought the most I can ask is $425..
Just wondering. I won't be licensed.
But parents and kids love me because I truly love them too. I do everything the right way including cleaning help to keep the place clean at all times, warm breakfast and lunch...

I do a playgroup near yeshiva so prices are a little lower then down the 9, here are my hours and prices:
9:30-2 $250
9:30-3 $350
9:30-3:30-$400
a extra $40 from 9:00 (I start drop off for 9:30 at 9:20)
Every one brings a snack for the month which I give out, I know someone who charges an extra $50 for lunch.
I don't have a cleaning lady I just clean up by myself-my sister worked in a daycare and she had a lot to say about the way the cleaning lady cleaned or mostly did not clean

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 5:32 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
You can charge that price if you have long hours, you are open every work day (the only work days peekaboo was closed were tisha baav, wren pesach and Labor Day- that’s the day between camp and school) meaning you will not close for mid winter vacation/ chanukah/ isru chag... also you should serve breakfast lunch and snack. You provide pack n plays for the kids..
The legal daycares charge so much also because they have beautiful buildings with lots of toys and playrooms and the licensing cost. Also my 2 year old has 4 morahs in the classroom of 12 kids.

I've subbed in a few daycares and now am in Peekaboo. I don't know any place that has 4 Morahs for 12 two year olds. Even for infants, it's 3 Morahs for 12 babies which is legal ratio.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 5:53 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
My daughter just turned 2 when she had 4 morahs and was the oldest in her class...

In Peekaboo?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:01 am
Deleted

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:08 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I've subbed in a few daycares and now am in Peekaboo. I don't know any place that has 4 Morahs for 12 two year olds. Even for infants, it's 3 Morahs for 12 babies which is legal ratio.

To absolutely ensure that the required ratios are maintained at all times, some daycares overstaff, so that most of the day they are below ratio (I.e. have extra staff) and only at the required ratio during the thinnest portions of the day. My children's daycare accomplished this with "floaters" who work in different classrooms as needed, on top of the regular assigned staff. So it's totally plausible that a mom may see 3 or 4 teachers in a classroom for much of the day, even if the ratio technically only requires 2.

Not from Lakewood myself, so don't know about the place in question.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 9:19 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
To absolutely ensure that the required ratios are maintained at all times, some daycares overstaff, so that most of the day they are below ratio (I.e. have extra staff) and only at the required ratio during the thinnest portions of the day. My children's daycare accomplished this with "floaters" who work in different classrooms as needed, on top of the regular assigned staff. So it's totally plausible that a mom may see 3 or 4 teachers in a classroom for much of the day, even if the ratio technically only requires 2.

Not from Lakewood myself, so don't know about the place in question.

As I said I'm familiar with some Lakewood daycares. There are floaters, but often they are busy filling in for morahs who are out for appointments or sick. But 4:12 ratio for 2 year olds is not the norm.

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 10:06 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I've had a very successful playgroup for years in Boro Park. I moved to Lakewood a year ago.
I'm considering opening a playgroup here.
You think I can ask $750 if I offer these hours? 8:30 to 4:15? I thought the most I can ask is $425..
Just wondering. I won't be licensed.
But parents and kids love me because I truly love them too. I do everything the right way including cleaning help to keep the place clean at all times, warm breakfast and lunch...

You can definitely charge more than $425 but in order to charge close to daycare prices you have to be similar to daycare, so-
-assistant if you have more than 6/7 kids
-private space for the playgroup in your basement etc so you're not cooking and doing laundry during playgroup hours
-no taking off for midwinter, chanuka, bein hazmanim...
-outdoor play area
If you had all these things I would definitely pay $750. There is a pretty big demand for playgroups that cater to working Moms whose husband's are not on BMG schedule.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 4:29 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I do a playgroup near yeshiva so prices are a little lower then down the 9, here are my hours and prices:
9:30-2 $250
9:30-3 $350
9:30-3:30-$400
a extra $40 from 9:00 (I start drop off for 9:30 at 9:20)
Every one brings a snack for the month which I give out, I know someone who charges an extra $50 for lunch.
I don't have a cleaning lady I just clean up by myself-my sister worked in a daycare and she had a lot to say about the way the cleaning lady cleaned or mostly did not clean

I SO MUCH APPRECIATE your hours and rates!! Thanks so much for sharing!

How much do I need to pay for an assistant?

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 4:35 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
You can definitely charge more than $425 but in order to charge close to daycare prices you have to be similar to daycare, so-
-assistant if you have more than 6/7 kids
-private space for the playgroup in your basement etc so you're not cooking and doing laundry during playgroup hours
-no taking off for midwinter, chanuka, bein hazmanim...
-outdoor play area
If you had all these things I would definitely pay $750. There is a pretty big demand for playgroups that cater to working Moms whose husband's are not on BMG schedule.

Yes I have all of your requirements:)
-I always work with an assistant even for a group of 4. How could I use the facilities otherwise?
-I have a basement with a private entrance for the group.
-I have a private backyard
-I'd take on the no off days in order to charge more..
So can I charge $750? ppl won't knock down the phone on me upon hearing the price? Wink

thanks so much for your time!

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 6:05 pm
What age do you plan to do Azure?

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 6:08 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
What age do you plan to do Azure?

22 months and up.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 6:10 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
-I always work with an assistant even for a group of 4. How could I use the facilities otherwise?
So can I charge $750? ppl won't knock down the phone on me upon hearing the price? Wink

You do need to make sure you’re in the right location so you fill up. Although right now people are so desperate that you’d probably fill regardless.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 6:13 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
You do need to make sure you’re in the right location so you fill up. Although right now people are so desperate that you’d probably fill regardless.

hmm. Probably not the best location.. I'm in South, Chestnut area.

bnm

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 6:37 pm
People are always looking for toddler groups in the South. Toms River has almost nothing.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 7:20 pm
bnm wrote:
People are always looking for toddler groups in the South. Toms River has almost nothing.

that's good to hear! Thanks!

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:06 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
22 months and up.

Oh I'm so annoyed I signed up for daycare already! I would love to send to you and save $150 a month

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:07 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

I think if people are looking for those hours they will pay $750 for sure!

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:17 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
22 months and up.

I think you’ll fill up. it’s a very hard age to find. And that area is near Toms River that has way less options and ppl are willing to pay more then Yeshiva area.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries