Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do you know anyone who got Covid twice (in the US)?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

small bean

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 9:50 am
There are 71 confirmed cases of reinfection and 2 of those ended in death. There are about 30k suspected cases of reinfection worldwide. Amazing imamothees know these people.

People I know had false positives. They had no symptoms and no antibodies after and got a real case at another point.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 10:04 am
I just had a patient. Really really bad situation. Can’t/won’t say more.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 12:17 pm
Quote:
There are 71 confirmed cases of reinfection and 2 of those ended in death. There are about 30k suspected cases of reinfection worldwide. Amazing imamothees know these people.

This exactly!!!! The CDC needs to get the memo. NOONE is claiming that it can't happen, but more than 12 months later we can say it is extremely rare. Why can't we admit that

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 12:19 pm
I know of 1 person, The second time was way worse.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 1:01 pm
Although I know people who had symptoms twice, in March of 2020 people were not routinely getting tested. They quarantined with symptoms and assumed it was Covid so they probably had it twice but it was not really proven.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 2:01 pm
small bean wrote:

People I know had false positives. They had no symptoms and no antibodies after and got a real case at another point.

Not sure what you are implying but I do know 2 people who tested positive twice , symptomatic and now 1 is dead.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 7:51 pm
Did the people who tested positive twice get a negative test in between? I know someone who recovered physically but kept testing positive and then got sick 'again' a few months later.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 8:39 pm
My dh had it twice. First time more serious but neither time extreme Bh .

He tested NEGATIVE for antibodies after both cases . He’s never tested positive for antibodies

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 8:49 pm
My theory is that some people don’t hold on to their immunity. And if they lost immunity once they can lose it twice. Basically these people always have to be cautious. And I’m sure it’s rare.
I would love to know if someone like this would get immunity from a vaccine or would they lose it as well?

small bean

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 9:03 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
My theory is that some people don’t hold on to their immunity. And if they lost immunity once they can lose it twice. Basically these people always have to be cautious. And I’m sure it’s rare.
I would love to know if someone like this would get immunity from a vaccine or would they lose it as well?

People that have an issue with immune response usually also have an issue with vaccines.

I have a sister who has that, she's a nurse and constantly gets titters tested and she does not retain immunity. She had full blown chickenpox as a kid, no immunity and she has taken the vax a couple of times in last few years and still no immunity. Interestingly, she did not get covid when her family did or at work. She is currently vaccinated for covid but hasn't checked foe antibodies.

small bean

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 9:04 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Not sure what you are implying but I do know 2 people who tested positive twice , symptomatic and now 1 is dead.

I think it's interesting that someone on here can know one of these rear people, let alone two. I'm not implying anything, just amazement.

wiki

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 9:05 pm
The B.1.17 variant is more resistant to 2020 antibodies than regular Covid is, and that is a lot of what's going around my community right now.

I know loads of people who had Covid last spring and have had it again in winter and spring this year. One high schooler I know caught it from school twice now.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 9:06 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:

We probably won’t know the answer to vaccine immunity until people have been vaccinated for at least 6-12 months...

I find it morbidly interesting that people feel worse with their second exposure (like second covid infection, first vaccine after covid infection, or second vaccine with no covid infection). Is there any other virus that gets worse the second time around?!

small bean

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 9:15 pm
wiki wrote:
The B.1.17 variant is more resistant to 2020 antibodies than regular Covid is, and that is a lot of what's going around my community right now.

I know loads of people who had Covid last spring and have had it again in winter and spring this year. One high schooler I know caught it from school twice now.

Serious question. Why are these cases not being reported? If it's common in your community there would be more than 70 confirmed cases and 30k speculated cases in the country? And people in your community had it 3 times?

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 9:20 pm
I know someone who had it a year ago and a few weeks ago and both times he was hospitalized. Low 50s

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 10:30 pm
It's common sense that this virus works like the flu. Very normal that we can get it multiple times.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 10:54 pm
No.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 11:01 pm
2 people that I know.
1 had it really bad the second time. Was hospitalized for a while and needed rehab after. Second time was 4 or 5 months after the 1st.
Another person I know had it almost a year apart; last April, and this March. Both were not serious (no hospitalization), but felt really sick. She said the second time was more brutal, with higher fever and stronger symptoms.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 11:07 pm
tigerwife wrote:
We probably won’t know the answer to vaccine immunity until people have been vaccinated for at least 6-12 months...

I find it morbidly interesting that people feel worse with their second exposure (like second covid infection, first vaccine after covid infection, or second vaccine with no covid infection). Is there any other virus that gets worse the second time around?!

I don’t know if it always gets worse the second time. From personal experience the second time we were exposed felt like a very mild under the weather for a few hours. if I wasn’t looking to pay attention I never would have noticed it. And the third and fourth time was nothing. So I think the second time was like a booster shot and now we are fully immune! I hope.

For people with no immunity memories of covid the subsequent infections would be the same as the first. They don’t have any built in immunity that would make it better. But if you do have some immunity memories then it would be better the next time.
Though why the first shot on a recovered patient would trigger symptoms I guess it’s like the booster shot. And a third exposure would probably be nothing. Maybe?

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 5:33 am
A lot of people who got it twice didn't get tested the first time around since testing wasn't readily available at the beginning. So the statistics don't mean much.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics