Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Breast buds
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 9:18 pm
DD who is 8.5 is starting to bud a bit. they are slightly noticable through certain types of shirts. she hates being hot, so I don't know if an undershirt would be a good idea...

aside from undershirts, is there anything I'm not thinking of?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 9:21 pm
Kids who are early developers do sometimes start training bras at that age these days.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 11:29 pm
My DD is the same age and same situation. I'm also wondering when you need "something". When they show through a shirt? When they... jiggle (sorry, I can't think of a nicer word!)?
They'll still show through certain shirts even if she's wearing something I feel like...

Blessing1

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 11:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DD who is 8.5 is starting to bud a bit. they are slightly noticable through certain types of shirts. she hates being hot, so I don't know if an undershirt would be a good idea...

At this age and stage, girls should be wearing an undershirt. If the undershirt is 100% cotton, it shouldn't be too hot.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 11:36 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
My DD is the same age and same situation. I'm also wondering when you need "something". When they show through a shirt? When they... jiggle (sorry, I can't think of a nicer word!)?
They'll still show through certain shirts even if she's wearing something I feel like...

You can tell right away which shirts need an undershirt added. Find her the softest most comfortable undershirt that she's willing to wear, and have her wear it. She really needs to get used to wearing one, otherwise she'll have an issue getting used to bras too.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 11:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

google 'kids bralette'

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 11:48 pm
Target sells bralettes for that age.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, May 21 2021, 10:05 am
We’re loving these camis from gap for this stage. Size medium and up have a built in shelf bra which is like an extra layer on top with the tiniest bit of support. Looks just like an undershirt. https://www.gap.com/browse/pro.....ntent

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 10:38 am
any suggestions for good undershirts for the summer? if it's too thin will it defeat the purpose?

that cami from gap looks great- but bc its a low neckline, does the neckline show through the shirt?

I appreciate all your suggestions

do ppl tend to have their girls always wear undershirts from a young age so theres no adjustment at this age? or just let the girl adjust when the time comes?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, May 23 2021, 10:41 am
I never dress a kid without an undershirt

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:21 am
Bumping to ask for advice. Dd 9 is in this stage, but I find that with the uniform polo shirts, even the undershirts with a shelf bra still show through. The gap undershirts linked above are way too big, dd is tiny.

The bralettes are worse because they're a single layer. I was thinking maybe we need a heavier material polo shirt, which will bother her in the spring but can work for now.

Appreciate any suggestions.

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:28 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I never dress a kid without an undershirt

Not did my mother. That didn't stop me deciding that I didn't need or like them, and I just stopped wearing them when I was seven or eight. I never connected between the concept of bras and undershirts. When I needed a bra, my mother took me to get one. I never quite understand all the preparations that are now deemed necessary.

sequoia

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:31 am
ra_mom wrote:
You can tell right away which shirts need an undershirt added. Find her the softest most comfortable undershirt that she's willing to wear, and have her wear it. She really needs to get used to wearing one, otherwise she'll have an issue getting used to bras too.

Can I just say, I’m a D cup and don’t wear bras. It’s a personal choice.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:34 am
sequoia wrote:

as an adult but as a child they can be bullied for not wearing a bra. It’s not recommended

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:37 am
Training bra. It’s so small and lightweight.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
any suggestions for good undershirts for the summer? if it's too thin will it defeat the purpose?

that cami from gap looks great- but bc its a low neckline, does the neckline show through the shirt?

I appreciate all your suggestions

do ppl tend to have their girls always wear undershirts from a young age so theres no adjustment at this age? or just let the girl adjust when the time comes?

I have all my kids wear an undershirt always unless it's very hot outside.

imaima

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:45 am
sequoia wrote:

8 year olds kids are not mature enough to make this choice. It is our job as parents to protect their dignity until they are old enough to make these choices.

imaima

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:47 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Not did my mother. That didn't stop me deciding that I didn't need or like them, and I just stopped wearing them when I was seven or eight. I never connected between the concept of bras and undershirts. When I needed a bra, my mother took me to get one. I never quite understand all the preparations that are now deemed necessary.

This is irrelevant.

We are talking about the stage between being flat and needing a bra.

It is a sensitive territory, OP,you need to try out things: one layer full undershirt, a thin bralette, a sports bra... See what works.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:50 am
imaima wrote:
8 year olds kids are not mature enough to make this choice. It is our job as parents to protect their dignity until they are old enough to make these choices.

Their dignity. That's an important concept. I hate to see those breast buds so clearly thru one layer of a t-shirt. Please give them an extra layer.

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 9:04 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Their dignity. That's an important concept. I hate to see those breast buds so clearly thru one layer of a t-shirt. Please give them an extra layer.

I'm seeing it through an undershirt with a shelf bra and also through bralettes. We can try button down shirts but I think dd would heavily resist.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics