Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Is it ever okay to be passive aggressive?

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 8:03 am
I have been in the past, but rarely because that’s not my nature. I see so many responses to threads to be passive aggressive. Is it just me, or is that terrible advice? Are there times it’s okay to be passive agressive?

behappy2

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 8:06 am
I generally think they are just trying to make a point. If not, yes, bad advice IMO. I never post like that.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 8:08 am
I try really hard to not be sarcastic or passive-aggressive, but sometimes I get frustrated and feel like it's the only way to get my point across.

I do have to be careful, because I speak three languages: English, Spanish, and SNARK. Confused

imasinger

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 8:12 am
Sometimes, it's just a way to inject a little humor into a bitter situation, not meant to be taken literally.

Other times, it's poor advice.

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 8:20 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I try really hard to not be sarcastic or passive-aggressive, but sometimes I get frustrated and feel like it's the only way to get my point across.

I do have to be careful, because I speak three languages: English, Spanish, and SNARK. Confused

My humor is sarcastic, but have toned it down over the years to be less obnoxious. If people give advice of passive aggressiveness and they’re not serious, like when someone is sarcastic, they should put some sort of emoji that they’re not serious. People can take it literally.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 8:22 am
It's the best way to handle people who are controlling and aggressive.

singleagain

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 8:22 am
Anyone automatically think of Patrick from perks of being a wallflower....No..just me...👀

Crookshanks

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 9:36 am
yo'ma wrote:
My humor is sarcastic, but have toned it down over the years to be less obnoxious. If people give advice of passive aggressiveness and they’re not serious, like when someone is sarcastic, they should put some sort of emoji that they’re not serious. People can take it literally.

I actually did that for a while here. I wrote meow under sarcastic/tongue in cheek posts so people would realize they shouldn't take me seriously.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:33 am
It bothers me so much when people are passive aggressive to me, even if they do it in a joking way. If you are upset about something or have something to say, just say it

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:12 am
It's the best way to deal with a narcissist

Crookshanks

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:29 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

How does that work practically?

amother
DarkGray

Post Wed, Jun 23 2021, 11:22 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

Agree. With a narcissist in your life. When you see that any other way of communicating is a waste and you will suffer greatly if you don’t use PA. It’s sometimes the only way to protect yourself when the choice is to maintain the relationship. But often best to try healthy communication styles first.

With most people…if the passive aggressive is abusive, shaming, or harmful obviously hard to justify, but if it’s just not ideal like ineffective or annoying it might be more okay even if not the best.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette