Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Swimming teacher in bikini
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 2:32 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
We didn't say that they're required, but it's definitely considered inappropriate and unprofessional. We've been to countless water parks & had non jewish swim instructors & I've never seen a lifeguard in a bikini. Waterparks have policies for lifeguards, usually they're in shorts and a tee.

As the articles I attached show, they are neither inappropriate nor unprofessional.

What is both inappropriate and unprofessional is wearing clothing that is inappropriate for water, ie shorts and a tee shirt.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 2:34 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Even if it's hard to find someone else, as a frum mom, I think you shouldn't allow your kids, especially your son, to be exposed to this. It's inappropriate even in the secular world.

It’s really not inappropriate in the secular world. And I still think it’s better to have a female wearing a bikini for a 9 year old than a man for her dds.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 4:01 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
It’s really not inappropriate in the secular world. And I still think it’s better to have a female wearing a bikini for a 9 year old than a man for her dds.

Huh?
Care to explain

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 4:28 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Huh?
Care to explain

I’m more worried about predators than a 9 year old seeing something not tznius.

naomi2

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 5:03 pm
the op writes nothing about daughters, just one 9 year old son. personally, I don't think its appropriate to have a female swim instructor for 9 year old boy. if she wore tzinius swim clothing I might consider it.

avrahamama

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 5:09 pm
He needs a male instructor especially if he's a beginner swimmer. She will need to hold him jnthe water and teach him skills.

There are very sporty speedo bikinis and they are totally accepted for lifeguards and swim instructors. But it wouldn't work for a frum home anyway.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 5:11 pm
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:

You don't have to choose between 2 evils. What people do is get a female instructor for girls and a male instructor for boys once they reach a certain age. Yes it's an expense but that's part of life...

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 5:21 pm
Op, I never would have thought of it, but my husband wanted to ask our (very makil) rav about swimming lessons for our 8 year old son. He said it was fine but not once he is 9… not saying U hold that way, but I hadn’t even thought of it, so maybe u did not either. In any case a bikini isn’t ok

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Jun 24 2021, 7:06 pm
It sounds like you’re not comfortable with this OP. But what are your options? Risk offending the teacher? Continue as is? Neither are great choices...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette