Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you knew you were exposed to covid
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 16 2021, 11:58 pm
Had covid 18 month ago.
Wanted to vaccinate but didn't get around to it.
You know you were exposed
What would you do?
Test daily? Wait for symptoms?
Get monoclonal antibodies if positive?
Wear a mask?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:01 am
I was exposed to COVID by a coworker about 1 year after I had COVID. I took a rapid test prior to attending a Simcha, and also tested for antibodies. My antibody level was super high, probably a sign of the exposure. Chances are your natural antibodies will do the job.

amother
Stonewash

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:02 am
My antibodies were gone in 6 months. My company would send me home

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You had covid 18 months ago.
What would you do?
Wear a mask?

Call your doctor. In most states unvaccinated people are required to quarantine for a week.

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:03 am
What I’m seeing in my in town community is no one is take precautions for exposure.

Just found out my dd teacher tested positive say after teaching. No one told parents.

I’m finding fact there general attitude

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:15 am
amother [ Mimosa ] wrote:
What I’m seeing in my in town community is no one is take precautions for exposure.

Just found out my dd teacher tested positive say after teaching. No one told parents.

I’m finding fact there general attitude

So they send a note home when a kid has lice but they don't send a note home when the teacher has Covid?

Come on bestbubby, pause, Ima of 4...I'd love to hear you Imasplain (l'havdil mansplain) this

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:17 am
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
So they send a note home when a kid has lice but they don't send a note home when the teacher has Covid?

Come on bestbubby, pause, Ima of 4...I'd love to hear you Imasplain (l'havdil mansplain) this

Maybe she didn't tell the school?

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Maybe she didn't tell the school?

She missed like 4th day of school. Last one before vacation. A first year teacher. I’m assuming she told them something?

Last year if a girl in class had covid they took very little (end of year - none) precautions but at least warned parents.

amother
Catmint

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 12:46 am
I had covid about 18 months ago. A year later, my antibodies were still high. Since I was exposed to someone that tested positive, I took a covid test, which was negative. It's been a few weeks since exposure, and I bh never developed any symptoms. The only people that I know that were positive,were the ones that never had covid,including some even vaccinated.
My personal conclusion is that vaccination isn't necessary with prior covid infection.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Had covid 18 month ago.
What would you do?
Wear a mask?

Test, then quarantine 7 days and test on the seventh day. If it is negative then out of quarantine. And then go get the vaccine.

If you do go out (please don't) then of course wear a mask over your nose and mouth and keep 2 meters away from other people. That is absolute minimum.

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:28 am
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:
I was exposed to COVID by a coworker about 1 year after I had COVID. I took a rapid test prior to attending a Simcha, and also tested for antibodies. My antibody level was super high, probably a sign of the exposure. Chances are your natural antibodies will do the job.

And if she infects someone else?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 1:28 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Test, then quarantine 7 days and test on the seventh day. If it is negative then out of quarantine. And then go get the vaccine.

If you do go out (please don't) then of course wear a mask over your nose and mouth and keep 2 meters away from other people. That is absolute minimum.
why are you suggesting a protocol that is not what the CDC is recommending and calling it the minimum when it’s your own made up rule ? Unless you are out of the US. You test and if it’s negative there’s no quarantine whatsoever. If it’s positive It’s 7 days from when you have symptoms and then you are free to go out. You do not need to retest

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 6:49 am
[quote="amother [ NeonOrange ]"]why are you suggesting a protocol that is not what the CDC is recommending and calling it the minimum when it’s your own made up rule ? Unless you are out of the US. You test and ...

You must quarantine if you are unvaccinated and exposed to Covid. YOU (amother Neon Orange) are WRONG so please edit your post to reflect the fact that OP must quarantine for at least a week. The following is from the CDC website:

Quarantine
Quarantine if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19, unless you have been fully vaccinated. People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms. However, fully vaccinated people should get tested 3-5 days after their exposure, even if they don’t have symptoms and wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until their test result is negative.

What to do
Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19.
Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
If possible, stay away from people you live with, especially people who are at higher risk for getting very sick from COVID-19.
After quarantine
Watch for symptoms until 14 days after exposure.
If you have symptoms, immediately self-isolate and contact your local public health authority or healthcare provider.
You may be able to shorten your quarantine
Your local public health authorities make the final decisions about how long quarantine should last, based on local conditions and needs. Follow the recommendations of your local public health department if you need to quarantine. Options they will consider include stopping quarantine

After day 10 without testing
After day 7 after receiving a negative test result (test must occur on day 5 or later)

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 6:55 am
amother [ NeonOrange ] wrote:
why are you suggesting a protocol that is not what the CDC is recommending and calling it the minimum when it’s your own made up rule ? Unless you are out of the US. You test and if it’s negative there’s no quarantine whatsoever. If it’s positive It’s 7 days from when you have symptoms and then you are free to go out. You do not need to retest

I'm not in the US. What I wrote is protocol where I live.

I guess this explains why the US hasn't really ever managed to flatten its curve...

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Had covid 18 month ago.
What would you do?
Wear a mask?

You must quarantine. Go to CDC website and see for yourself. If that doesn't convince you then open your Yom Kippur machzor and re-read Viduy.

It is so interesting that all the know-it-alls have not said one thing on this thread and the one with the guy looking for a Covid positive minyon.

amother
Tulip

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:13 am
I live in the US in an OOT community
The protocol in our shul and school is that if you previously had COVID (doesnt matter how long ago, whether vaccinated or not) and you are then exposed, you do not need to quarantine. You should wear a mask indoors for 3 days when in public, but that's it.
This is the same protocol that those vaccinated have to follow if exposed to covid (whether had covid or not).
Bh the doctors of our community are following the science and NOT the CDC, and ba"h we've been quite successful thus far at keeping everyone safe

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Had covid 18 month ago.
What would you do?
Wear a mask?

Im a nurse in a nursing home. MANY of our residents tested positive with very symptomatic covid, with a PCR test, then were synptom free, tested negative on multiple tests, showed antibodies, and then after 6 months later became symptomatic again and tested positive with a PCR test.

In other words, its very possible for someone to get covid again. It would be irresponsible of you to do nothing and circulate in the community if you knew you had been exposed

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:40 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Im a nurse in a nursing home. MANY of our residents tested positive with very symptomatic covid, with a PCR test, then were synptom free, tested negative on multiple tests, showed antibodies, and then after 6 months later became symptomatic again and tested positive with a PCR test.

In other words, its very possible for someone to get covid again. It would be irresponsible of you to do nothing and circulate in the community if you knew you had been exposed

But the instance of reinfection in a nursing home will be MUCH higher than the general population, just like breakthrough infection from the vaccine. Just important to clarify this.

Im going to ask the health dept since I am responsible. Thanks.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:42 am
My neighborhood is acting as if covid doesn't exist.
I found out two kids in my child's class have covid. No note was sent home informing anyone.
My friend came down with covid a couple days ago. She is vaccinated so chose to go to shul anyway even though she was positive. She wore a mask in an outdoor minyan. But still - she actually has covid and went to shul.

It's eye opening. And crazy

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Sep 17 2021, 7:43 am
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
My neighborhood is acting as if covid doesn't exist.
I found out two kids in my child's class have covid. No note was sent home informing anyone.
My friend came down with covid a couple days ago. She is vaccinated so chose to go to shul anyway even though she was positive. She wore a mask in an outdoor minyan. But still - she actually has covid and went to shul.

It's eye opening. And crazy

Yup. These types of behaviors are so upsetting to me too.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics