Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you afraid
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Are you afraid of the newest variant ?
So scared  
 5%  [ 13 ]
No, I’m over it  
 45%  [ 105 ]
It’s just exaggerated hype  
 49%  [ 114 ]
Total Votes : 232

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:37 pm
exaustedmom wrote:
Good thing is that in 55 years we will get all studies and info from Pfizer? How many booster shots can we fit in, in 55 years? Are there enough Latin names for all the variants? Is makeup going to become obsolete with all the maskings?

Tough questions.

In 55 years the mass murderers in pharmaceutical industry and government will be dead and safe from prosecution.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:39 pm
exaustedmom wrote:
Good thing is that in 55 years we will get all studies and info from Pfizer? How many booster shots can we fit in, in 55 years? Are there enough Latin names for all the variants? Is makeup going to become obsolete with all the maskings?

Tough questions.

In 55 years the mass murderers in pharmaceutical industry and government will be dead and safe from prosecution.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:41 pm
fleetwood wrote:
How dare you follow the science!!!

Why do you ignore some of the science?

What about the Amish that haven't vaccinated and achieved herd immunity?

What about the people that had adverse reactions to the vaccine?

Oh right, only follow the science you want to believe.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:43 pm
DrMom wrote:
This is not surprising, since the target spike protein of the new variant contains many mutations from the original. Makes sense it will less effective. Are viral mutations also part of the grand conspiracy?

As to the CDC's recommendations, I'm not sure why they would recommend that.

Scientists who are not pro the vaccine have been warning all along about the mutations that will be vaccine resistant.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:45 pm
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
Scientists who are not pro the vaccine have been warning all along about the mutations that will be vaccine resistant.

Seems like something all scientists would recognize.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:49 pm

Oh no...I wasn't called miss science by Best bubby...that name was reserved for someone else....

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:53 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Oh no...I wasn't called miss science by Best bubby...that name was reserved for someone else....

Didn't you write...."How dare you follow the science!!!"

What does your response have anything to do with what I wrote??

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:54 pm
I apologize. He said there will be a "material drop". Which means a significant drop in its effectiveness. Not such a huge difference from what I said, but I see your point.

So why run get boosted with a vaccine with unknown long term effects, when it may not work well? And then what...go get boosted with yet another vaccine when they come out with a new and improved one in a few months?

https://nypost.com/2021/11/30/.....cron/

I apologize for my comment about what you said. I'm leaving it us, because it would be disingenuous of me to pretend I didn't say it.

Yes, they're worried about how the vaccine does with omicron because of the many mutations on the spike protein. That's why they're being so cautious at the moment.

Vaccine side effects are generally well known. It can be said that we don't know what will happen in a decade, because the vaccine hasn't existed for a decade. The same can be said of covid itself, and of monoclonal antibodies.

And the theory is that the boosted vaccine will prevent serious infection, if not breakthrough. No one really knows now. The fact is that I intended to get the booster in any case, so it didn't affect my decision at all. I wouldn't rush because of omicron, until we know more. But my position isn't the only rational one.

And I'm not worried about more boosters. Why should I be?

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:59 pm

What about the large number of Amish who died in achieving herd immunity?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34117598/

How many people in your community are you willing to sacrifice to achieve herd immunity? Are you willing to volunteer as tribute?

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:59 pm
DrMom wrote:
Seems like something all scientists would recognize.

They do.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:04 pm
fleetwood wrote:
How dare you follow the science!!!

That's why they call me Ms. Science.

I want to hunt down my 11th grade physics teacher and share this. That woman hated me, I don't know why.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:06 pm
Didn't you write...."How dare you follow the science!!!"

What does your response have anything to do with what I wrote??

What does your response have anything to do with my response. I never said anything about the Amish etc..but you yelled at me for not following that science..your comment made zero sense and frankly was rude.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:07 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
That's why they call me Ms. Science.

I want to hunt down my 11th grade physics teacher and share this. That woman hated me, I don't know why.

How were your grades.. perhaps..you were too smart!

fleetwood

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:08 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
What about the large number of Amish who died in achieving herd immunity?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34117598/

How many people in your community are you willing to sacrifice to achieve herd immunity? Are you willing to volunteer as tribute?

Ooh..we should do a hunger games sequel!!!

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:10 pm
fleetwood wrote:
What does your response have anything to do with my response. I never said anything about the Amish etc..but you yelled at me for not following that science..your comment made zero sense and frankly was rude.

You wrote about following the science. I asked why we only follow some science and ignore others. I didn't "yell" in any way. Didn't even write in caps, which can sometimes be understood as yelling. I had no intentions of being rude...was just engaging in conversation. If you see that as being rude, I'm sorry. Having a differing opinion is typically not rude.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:13 pm
fleetwood wrote:
How were your grades.. perhaps..you were too smart!

Nah. She wanted the class to do independent study 2d semester, but the vote had to be unanimous. One person voted against it, and she decided it was me. So she harangued and embarrassed me to try to force me to change my mind. It didn't help, since it wasn't me. In self defense, I even told her who it was. It didn't change her mind. Finally, the other girl (and to this day, I remember who it was) gave in, and my life was saved.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:15 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Do you actually follow science

Or so you manipulate science to suit your agenda.....

Which gender can menstruate? Is that something that only women deal with? Or can men menstruate?

Don't forget- follow the science

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:18 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Nah. She wanted the class to do independent study 2d semester, but the vote had to be unanimous. One person voted against it, and she decided it was me. So she harangued and embarrassed me to try to force me to change my mind. It didn't help, since it wasn't me. In self defense, I even told her who it was. It didn't change her mind. Finally, the other girl (and to this day, I remember who it was) gave in, and my life was saved.

But was that true self defense What

Maybe you brought on the accusation by your behavior, causing your teacher to suspect you (I'm kidding), which gave you no right to self defense

We will have to consult with the Rittenhouse lawyers on the matter.

Lol.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:21 pm
Omicron was just discovered
And they already know so much about it
Ain't that something! It's almost like they knew before they discovered it

fleetwood

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:23 pm
You wrote about following the science. I asked why we only follow some science and ignore others. I didn't "yell" in any way. Didn't even write in caps, which can sometimes be understood as yelling. I had no intentions of being rude...was just engaging in conversation. If you see that as being rude, I'm sorry. Having a differing opinion is typically not rude.

I didn't give an opinion..so don't assume mine was different from yours..

You asked about relevance...but your comment was itself irrelevant and accused me of not following the science in regards to the Amish when I actually said nothing about the amish.

Oh..and let's not forget..the use of the anonymous feature for no valid purpose...
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics