Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you afraid
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Are you afraid of the newest variant ?
So scared  
 5%  [ 13 ]
No, I’m over it  
 45%  [ 105 ]
It’s just exaggerated hype  
 49%  [ 114 ]
Total Votes : 232

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:25 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Why only extreme responses.

Of course I'm fearful of a new variant. Covid has killed 5.2 million people worldwide, 777,000 in the US alone.

That means that I'll start bucking up on the precautions I've been getting too lax on. More mask wearing indoors. Probably fewer outings to places where social distancing is more difficult. More deliveries, fewer shopping trips. Tighten my pod of people I spend time with to those also taking precautions, zoom with others.

Its the medium between the terror that those who are "over" covid think that others exhibit (but few do), and the wholesale refusal to do anything.

Nebach.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:26 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Omicron was just discovered
And they already know so much about it
Ain't that something! It's almost like they knew before they discovered it

Omicron was just discovered.

And they know that the spike protein has mutations.

Now they need to study it to see if the current vaccines will work. And to see how dangerous it it.

Those who oppose vaccination, masking, and social distancing are the only ones who pretend to have detailed information.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:27 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
Nebach.

I understand why you needed to be anonymous for that.

Seriously. Who would want their real nym associated with that?

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:28 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Omicron was just discovered.

And they know that the spike protein has mutations.

Now they need to study it to see if the current vaccines will work. And to see how dangerous it it.

Those who oppose vaccination, masking, and social distancing are the only ones who pretend to have detailed information.

Nah

I've been getting lots of supposed info on Omicron from the mainstream media

When was it first discovered again?

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:39 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Nah

Really? I see things like Will the Vaccines Stop Omicron? Scientists Are Racing to Find Out. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/1......html Why You Shouldn't Panic Over the Omicron Variant https://www.nationalgeographic.....riant
Omicron may cause milder symptoms. But experts aren’t breathing easy yet. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u.....a6920

All with the following message, taken from the last cite:

Quote:
But they cautioned that there is too little data to draw any conclusions yet. Their bigger concern, they said, is how quickly the omicron variant, with its high number of mutations, might spread and how it will match up against vaccines.

A couple more:

Quote:
We still don't know a lot about the new Omicron variant, but scientists are racing to determine its severity, transmissibility and whether it evades current vaccines.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live......html

Where are you seeing media with detailed information about Omicron? Can you post citations from mainstream media?

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 1:43 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I didn't give an opinion..so don't assume mine was different from yours..

You asked about relevance...but your comment was itself irrelevant and accused me of not following the science in regards to the Amish when I actually said nothing about the amish.

Oh..and let's not forget..the use of the anonymous feature for no valid purpose...

But how was I rude?

fleetwood

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:07 pm
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
But how was I rude?

First and last sentence.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:08 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
What about the large number of Amish who died in achieving herd immunity?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34117598/

How many people in your community are you willing to sacrifice to achieve herd immunity? Are you willing to volunteer as tribute?

But in the long run LESS PEOPLE DIE if you allow the low risk population to LIVE THEIR LIVES FREELY recover and then herd immunity protects the high risk. IT WORKED FOR SWEDEN and Florida.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:09 pm
Also the government is mass murderers for blocking hydroxycloroquine and ivermectin.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:09 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Nah

I believe it was Nov 9th.

I'm reading the same sort of info that SOW posted. What additional info do you possess that is not being reported? What's the big mystery?

I'm having trouble keeping all these conspiracy theories straight.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:18 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
But in the long run LESS PEOPLE DIE if you allow the low risk population to LIVE THEIR LIVES FREELY recover and then herd immunity protects the high risk. IT WORKED FOR SWEDEN and Florida.

How many people in your community are YOU willing to sacrifice?

I did this last night, but lets' see. 7.9 billion world population. Say 80% infection rate for herd immunity. May be higher because of variants. So 6.32 billion infections needed. Death rate of .25% to 3%. Let's take .25%. 15.8 million deaths. You good with that?

Of course, vaccination helps achieve herd immunity.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:28 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
How many people in your community are YOU willing to sacrifice?

I did this last night, but lets' see. 7.9 billion world population. Say 80% infection rate for herd immunity. May be higher because of variants. So 6.32 billion infections needed. Death rate of .25% to 3%. Let's take .25%. 15.8 million deaths. You good with that?

Of course, vaccination helps achieve herd immunity.

No THIS LEAKY VACCINE can NEVER achieve herd immunity. only lasts a few months. and doesnt stop spreading covid even in beginning.

ONLY NATURAL IMMUNITY CAN ACHIEVE HERD IMMUNITY.

And I am shouting because Fake Science does not admit Natural Immunity exists.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:33 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
No THIS LEAKY VACCINE can NEVER achieve herd immunity. only lasts a few months. and doesnt stop spreading covid even in beginning.

Untrue, of course. This "leaky" vaccine is more than 90% effective in preventing deaths and hospitalizations, and 70-something % effective against infection.

But you didn't answer my question. Get rid of the "leaky" vaccine. Are you willing to sacrifice 16 million lives to achieve worldwide herd immunity?

Who in your community would you be willing to sacrifice?

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 2:58 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Untrue, of course. This "leaky" vaccine is more than 90% effective in preventing deaths and hospitalizations, and 70-something % effective against infection.

But you didn't answer my question. Get rid of the "leaky" vaccine. Are you willing to sacrifice 16 million lives to achieve worldwide herd immunity?

Who in your community would you be willing to sacrifice?

90% of unvaccinated also dont need hospital. 99% of unvaccinated dont die.
So I dont see any benefit of vaccine that causes high rate of injuries and deaths and DOES NOT WORK.

Especially as there are safer and more effective treatments like ivermectin and antibodies.

MORE people die when you dont allow low risk to achieve herd immunity.

MORE DEATHS = MORE DEATHS.

In addution to the deaths caused by suicide, drug over dose that your experts caused with their usolating lockdowns and destroying peoples businesses. Do those deaths matter???

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 3:26 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
90% of unvaccinated also dont need hospital. 99% of unvaccinated dont die.
So I dont see any benefit of vaccine that causes high rate of injuries and deaths and DOES NOT WORK.

May I respectfully recommend reading up on statistics.

A 90%+ reduction in hospitalizations and deaths doesn't mean that 10% die, in either group.

It means that if you take a group of similarly situated persons, with one group vaccinated and the other not, then for every 10 in the unvaccinated group who would die, then only about 1 in the vaccinated group would. My numbers are off. https://www.reuters.com/articl.....802H4 explains it better.

Seriously. Even if you don't believe the information currently available, a better understanding of statistics in general would benefit you.

#BestBubby wrote:
Especially as there are safer and more effective treatments like ivermectin and antibodies.

As studies have shown, ivermectin doesn't work.

Monoclonal antibodies, of course, do work, but not as well as you claim. They reduce hospitalization and death in high risk patients about 70%.

#BestBubby wrote:
MORE people die when you dont allow low risk to achieve herd immunity.

MORE DEATHS = MORE DEATHS.

Herd immunity can ONLY be achieved with millions of deaths.

#BestBubby wrote:
In addution to the deaths caused by suicide, drug over dose that your experts caused with their usolating lockdowns and destroying peoples businesses. Do those deaths matter???

In 2020, more than 345,000 people in the US died of covid. Just under 45,000 died of suicide (down about 2500 from a year earlier). All are tragic. Why do you only seem to care about the latter?

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:03 pm
I dont only care about the suicides.

but more people die of COVID if you dont achieve herd immunity through natural immunity.

IN ADDITION to more deaths by suicide caused by lockdown.

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:06 pm
https://www.sciencedirect.com/.....00822

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:13 pm
Thousands of doctors in countries all over the world like India and Japan say Ivermectin works better then vaccines in preventing hospitilization and deaths.

And REAL LIFE data trumps THEORITICAL study.

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:16 pm

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:29 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Thousands of doctors in countries all over the world like India and Japan say Ivermectin works better then vaccines in preventing hospitilization and deaths.

And REAL LIFE data trumps THEORITICAL study.

Studies are based on real life data. What you're talking about is anecdotal evidence.

Of course, you are free not to vaccinate, and to rely on ivermectin should you contract covid. As you know, doctors are free to prescribe both ivermectin and HCQ, notwithstanding their lack of efficacy.

I do note that The American Medical Association (AMA), American Pharmacists Association (APhA), and American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) strongly oppose the ordering, prescribing, or dispensing of ivermectin to prevent or treat COVID-19 outside of a clinical trial. https://www.ama-assn.org/press.....id-19
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics