Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you afraid
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Are you afraid of the newest variant ?
So scared  
 5%  [ 13 ]
No, I’m over it  
 45%  [ 105 ]
It’s just exaggerated hype  
 49%  [ 114 ]
Total Votes : 232

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 4:48 am
Update from SOUTH AFRICA

1. The virus is SUPER contagious and it's spreading like wildfire.
2. The virus is SUPER mild. Some people symptoms are only like feeling tired, sore throat even LESS than flu.

So we are people testing? Some have tested because they need to travel, some because of work, some because they were exposed...

I asked my doctor why do people need to quarantine? Why aren't we treating it like flu? I didn't get a clear answer but I think the medical field isn't ready and doesn't have sufficient knowledge to be confident that this is 100% the case. But reactions have been much more mild, schools aren't closing down even though every school has kids that tested positive and many aren't even closing the classes where kids tested positive.

Most of the adults who have it have been vaccinated. Lots of kids have it.

Please relax!!

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:15 am
People test generally because even if it's mild it can kill high risk people and you should stay home if you have COVID.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:18 am
amother [ Ebony ] wrote:
Then why the lock down again?
Huh? There is no lock down in Israel.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:19 am
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
Its very confusing. As far as I know, Israel and perhaps Australia and maybe even Canada only allowed vaccinated people with a negative covid test into the country. Is that correct? Yet these countries have the new variant from South Africa? So are the vaccines not working or is something else wrong with this picture? Of course, my info could be outdated but as far as I know these countries only allowed vaccinated people in so what went wrong and why are vaccines still being pushed when its clearly not working for the new variant?
Yes, this is correct, but people lie about being vaccinated. There were 3 people who originally came in with this new variant and 2 were not vaccinated, as far as I heard.
So, while there is a law, and you hope people keep it, some dont, and thats where things turn no good.

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:19 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Update from SOUTH AFRICA

1. The virus is SUPER contagious and it's spreading like wildfire.
2. The virus is SUPER mild. Some people symptoms are only like feeling tired, sore throat even LESS than flu.

Most of the adults who have it have been vaccinated. Lots of kids have it.

Please relax!!

In general we know that COVID is usually less severe in people who have been vaccinated, and that kids get lighter cases than adults. USUALLY.

So, from what you're saying, we know that USUALLY, Omicron causes mild illness, less than flu, in those who have been vaccinated and in kids.

So far, with the new variant just a couple weeks old, it doesn't seem to cause severe illness in the VACCINATED and in CHILDREN.

Note, this doesn't tell us how the UNVACCINATED ADULTS would fare.

Nor does it tell us anything about hospitalizations at weeks 3-5, deaths at weeks 5-18, long covid, reinfections, etc.

I also don't have answers, I'm just pointing out a flaw in the "it's super mild" theory according to what you and others have been writing.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:20 am
The only thing I am "afraid" of at this point is fear mongering and the authoritarian power grabs benefitted by it.
Truly scary stuff.
B"H we know Hashem Is In Charge.
B"H we know Moshiach is coming.
May we be zoche to greet him now in health and happiness b'rachamim.
Wishing all a frielichen Chanukah a Divine light filled Chanuka full of open and revealed nissim!

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:21 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Yes, this is correct, but people lie about being vaccinated. There were 3 people who originally came in with this new variant and 2 were not vaccinated, as far as I heard.
So, while there is a law, and you hope people keep it, some dont, and thats where things turn no good.

The one who went down to Eilat from the merkaz was vaxxed with 3 doses of Pfizer (presumably Israeli).

One of the others had received 2 doses of AstraZeneca, and the other had received a J&J. That's as per MoH.

Those were the first three reported. After that hasn't been released yet, I believe.

ETA: We know they had Omicron because they had recently landed and therefore tested at Ben Gurion. We DON'T know if they were symptomatic. Presumably anyone with more than a very mild case would not be taking a bus from the Tel Aviv area down to Eilat, since that's not an easy trip if you don't feel well.

ETA 2: Also, as of motzash there were 7 suspected cases, and one confirmed case. Of the 7 suspected, 4 were unvaccinated and three were vaccinated. None of them were "recent" - those vaccinated lacked a booster, those unvaccinated had recovered over 6 months ago. Not all of those 7 were recent returnees from abroad.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:23 am
LovesHashem wrote:
People test generally because even if it's mild it can kill high risk people and you should stay home if you have COVID.

Regular cold and flu also kill high risk people.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:24 am
#BestBubby wrote:

And those are also generally considered bad.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:32 am
BTDT initially at the pandemic outbreak
however;
not going down the rabbit hole again or anymore
not tracking the "facts" or trying to discern the information from the misinformation from the disinformation
reality is
people are going to get it
it is going to spread
we cannot fully stop it
while we can mitigate
risk benefit must be weighed
there are many agendas operating and using this "crisis" for their own aims and goals
we can appreciate and be grateful that it is so much milder now generally for the vast majority B"H and that there are now much more effective protocols and treatments.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:55 am
#BestBubby wrote:

The regular cold generally doesn't kill people.
Even the flu, which does kills a lot less than COVID.
Yes if you have the flu stay home too!

Why is this not common sense?!

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 5:58 am
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
however;
not tracking the "facts" or trying to discern the information from the misinformation from the disinformation
reality is
it is going to spread
we cannot fully stop it
while we can mitigate
there are many agendas operating and using this "crisis" for their own aims and goals
we can appreciate and be grateful that it is so much milder now generally for the vast majority B"H and that there are now much more effective protocols and treatments.

I thought it was common sense if you are feeling unwell and have symptoms of COVID or flu to test, and stay home.

I didn't realize people's need to get out a spreading a really dangerous virus was worth risking others lives.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 6:11 am
Nobody said that.
Risk benefit was referring to lockdowns, shutting down schools and commerce, and draconian measures that are no longer justified or warranted B"H.
sorry for any confusion
I don't think most people are lacking in common sense or interested in spreading a "really dangerous virus" or anything else because of a "need" to get out.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 6:15 am
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
Nobody said that.
Risk benefit was referring to lockdowns, shutting down schools and commerce, and draconian measures that are no longer justified or warranted B"H.
sorry for any confusion
I don't think most people are lacking in common sense or interested in spreading a "really dangerous virus" or anything else because of a "need" to get out.

Some posters are saying that you should not test for COVID, because even if you have it there's no reason to stay home.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 6:50 am
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
however;
reality is
it is going to spread
we cannot fully stop it
while we can mitigate

Like what?

Seriously. Here in Israel they shut the airport to foreigners for 2 weeks to reduce the number of people coming into the country and importing this new variant. This buys them time to figure out what this thing is, if vaccines protect against it, and if it is even dangerous enough to be concerned about it.

And if it is not dangerous and/or if it is kept at bay by vaccines, we can lift the restrictions and go on with life.

I think that is a reasonable thing to do.

I don't see any other actions being taken with any nefarious goals lurking under the surface. Can you explain what evil aims and goals are being furthered?

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:30 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
And those are also generally considered bad.

Why are there no laws that if you have the cold or the flu you need to stay home and completely quarantine and even if you were exposed you need to quarantine? Why are these laws only for covid?
(We all know why we needed to lock down for two weeks. I’m wondering why this is all still going on two years later?)

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:31 am
LovesHashem wrote:
The regular cold generally doesn't kill people.
Even the flu, which does kills a lot less than COVID.
Yes if you have the flu stay home too!

Why is this not common sense?!

A regular cold and flu can kill high risk people just as easily as Covid can kill high risk people.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:35 am
DrMom wrote:
Like what?

Seriously. Here in Israel they shut the airport to foreigners for 2 weeks to reduce the number of people coming into the country and importing this new variant. This buys them time to figure out what this thing is, if vaccines protect against it, and if it is even dangerous enough to be concerned about it.

And if it is not dangerous and/or if it is kept at bay by vaccines, we can lift the restrictions and go on with life.

I think that is a reasonable thing to do.

I don't see any other actions being taken with any nefarious goals lurking under the surface. Can you explain what evil aims and goals are being furthered?

I think that there are a lot of nasty things going on behind the scenes. Some of them might be as simple as a bunch of narcissistic politicians refusing to give up their “superhero” status, but all that’s going on right now is not just “simple science.”

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 7:59 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Some posters are saying that you should not test for COVID, because even if you have it there's no reason to stay home.

Right now most ppl I know with covid would never know. Tested for a reason but have a light cold. No clue how many ppl walking around like that.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 8:17 am
amother [ Lily ] wrote:
In general we know that COVID is usually less severe in people who have been vaccinated, and that kids get lighter cases than adults. USUALLY.

So, from what you're saying, we know that USUALLY, Omicron causes mild illness, less than flu, in those who have been vaccinated and in kids.

So far, with the new variant just a couple weeks old, it doesn't seem to cause severe illness in the VACCINATED and in CHILDREN.

Note, this doesn't tell us how the UNVACCINATED ADULTS would fare.

Nor does it tell us anything about hospitalizations at weeks 3-5, deaths at weeks 5-18, long covid, reinfections, etc.

I also don't have answers, I'm just pointing out a flaw in the "it's super mild" theory according to what you and others have been writing.

Actually majority of the Jewish community is vaccinated so every person that I know that had it so far has been vaccinated, some had their 3rd vaccine. Kids here haven't been vaccinated.
As for hospitalizations we can wait til week 5 or week 18 do gather statistics but in EVERY other wave there were hospitalizations in WEEK 1. So if so far 600 people in the Jewish community have the new variant and there are 2 hospitalizations, there should be very strong rumblings to end mandatory quarantine.
Page 3 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics