Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you afraid
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Are you afraid of the newest variant ?
So scared  
 5%  [ 13 ]
No, I’m over it  
 45%  [ 105 ]
It’s just exaggerated hype  
 49%  [ 114 ]
Total Votes : 232

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:26 am
No. I’m more afraid of car accidents and bumping into stupid people.

It’s competition which Country can install more fear into their gullible people. The fear mongering....

This new strain is extremely mild. Like a one day cold or so.... no need to get all scared.

How do they know which strain people have anyways? Do they test which strain people have?

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:27 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Is sarcasm a “reportable offense” now?

Whoever reported it has a sense of humor of a Wuhan bat.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:34 am
small bean wrote:
Israel is not working alone. This is a global thing and all the bad actors are working togther. Every single country has a part to play and they are all doing their jobs.

The only way covid goes away, is when the people deicde that it goes away.

So, Israel is a "bad actor." What other "bad actors" is Israel working with? The US, I presume. And China? South Africa? Australia? Is the Palestinian Authority working with Israel, as another "bad actor," which I guess would signify that the two have reached some sort of accord and peace may well be at hand. Or is the PA not one of the bad actors, leaving us in a bit of a quandary as to whether we should continue to support the bad actor Israel, or the whatever the antithesis of the bad actor is, PA.

I need more coffee.

We do agree on one thing. Covid will go away -- or become less of an issue -- when people decide that it goes away. By doing their part. Vaccinating or testing regularly. Quarantining when necessary. Taking precautions including masking.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:34 am
flowerpower wrote:

It’s competition which Country can install more fear into their gullible people. The fear mongering....

This new strain is extremely mild. Like a one day cold or so.... no need to get all scared.

How do they know which strain people have anyways? Do they test which strain people have?

I know if Israel, one of the 3 major PCR labs (I think it is the one at Asaf HaRofeh hospital) has the capability to test this. It is not done for every PCR test - usually they take a statistically valid sample for monitoring purposes.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:40 am
SixOfWands wrote:
So, Israel is a "bad actor." What other "bad actors" is Israel working with? The US, I presume. And China? South Africa? Australia? Is the Palestinian Authority working with Israel, as another "bad actor," which I guess would signify that the two have reached some sort of accord and peace may well be at hand. Or is the PA not one of the bad actors, leaving us in a bit of a quandary as to whether we should continue to support the bad actor Israel, or the whatever the antithesis of the bad actor is, PA.

I need more coffee.

We do agree on one thing. Covid will go away -- or become less of an issue -- when people decide that it goes away. By doing their part. Vaccinating or testing regularly. Quarantining when necessary. Taking precautions including masking.

Clearly covid does not go away by vaccinating. And the Moderna CEO came out today saying the vaccine will probably not work for the new variant. Ironic, how he says that, and CDC says go get the booster now.

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:43 am
flowerpower wrote:

I have the same question as the bolded. I would also like to know if these tests are able to differentiate between the flu, common cold, and actual covid and if not then why are we still using these tests instead of finding other ways to diagnose people who are sick (but may not have covid)?

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:43 am
flowerpower wrote:

This is the first time they have managed to catch a new strain before it went wild. It concerns scientists because of the many mutations in the spike protein, which may make it more resistant to both vaccines and treatments, not to mention natural immunity. Scientists want to get the head start on it, to study it, to see if it does pose a real risk, and to see what can be done if it does.

As to how they know ... South Africa was experiencing very low levels of infection. Then, a burst of cases among university students. They decided to sequence the genome of a virus from one of the cases, something they always CAN do, but usually don't. Omicron was discovered.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:44 am
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
I have the same question as the bolded. I would also like to know if these tests are able to differentiate between the flu, common cold, and actual covid and if not then why are we still using these tests instead of finding other ways to diagnose people who are sick (but may not have covid)?

Yes, these tests differentiate among covid, influenza and a cold.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:49 am
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
Clearly covid does not go away by vaccinating. And the Moderna CEO came out today saying the vaccine will probably not work for the new variant. Ironic, how he says that, and CDC says go get the booster now.

No, the Moderna CEO did not say that. Have you no shame?

He said that its effectiveness will likely DROP, but he needs to await test results to know how much. https://www.foxbusiness.com/he.....riant

The CDC continues to believe that strong immunity will continue to protect against serious illness, as opposed to breakthrough infections, so it urges boosters.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:52 am
Don’t know anyone who still feels cdc and who have credibility or good track record.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 11:53 am
I couldn't vote Bec the choices are ridiculous.

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:02 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
No, the Moderna CEO did not say that. Have you no shame?

He said that its effectiveness will likely DROP, but he needs to await test results to know how much. https://www.foxbusiness.com/he.....riant

The CDC continues to believe that strong immunity will continue to protect against serious illness, as opposed to breakthrough infections, so it urges boosters.

I apologize. He said there will be a "material drop". Which means a significant drop in its effectiveness. Not such a huge difference from what I said, but I see your point.

So why run get boosted with a vaccine with unknown long term effects, when it may not work well? And then what...go get boosted with yet another vaccine when they come out with a new and improved one in a few months?

https://nypost.com/2021/11/30/.....cron/

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:05 pm
small bean wrote:
Israel is not working alone. This is a global thing and all the bad actors are working togther. Every single country has a part to play and they are all doing their jobs.

The only way covid goes away, is when the people deicde that it goes away.
What in the world does this even mean?

exaustedmom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:05 pm
Good thing is that in 55 years we will get all studies and info from Pfizer? How many booster shots can we fit in, in 55 years? Are there enough Latin names for all the variants? Is makeup going to become obsolete with all the maskings?

Tough questions.

Last edited by exaustedmom on Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:06 pm
small bean wrote:
It is not a big secret and it is not something new. I remember a couple of years ago before covid, my friend went to mexico and it was being discussed the unification of world governments.

Unfortunatley, most people dont realize that no one cares about you. Nothing is ever done for your benefit. Governments dont work alone either.

Im not a conspiracy theorist and I dont live with my head in the sand either.
Then what would you call it?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:07 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I think she meant people are being denied entry again. Not a lockDOWN, but a lock OUT.
Ah, now that makes sense. Thanks

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:08 pm
exaustedmom wrote:
Good thing is that in 55 years we will get all studies and info from Pfizer? How many booster shots can we fit in booster shots? Are there enough Latin names for all the variants? Is makeup going to become obsolete with all the markings?

Tough questions.

Exactly. Why do they need 55 years to release the data? If the vaccine is so effective and has minimal adverse events, wouldnt you want to release the data now so that people can be reassured?

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:31 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
VACCINATED ALSO SPREAD COVID.

Ms. Science, please explain why the most vaccinated states and countries have the most covid cases and deaths?

Israel, UK, Gibralta, Vermont

Newsweek Headline: Covid Cases Surging in Five Most Vaccinated States.

While No Vax Mandate No Mask Mandate Florida has one of the lowest Covid deaths?

Thank you for the honorific. I shall wear it proudly. Should I ask Yael to change my nym? Funny how you mean it as an insult, but most people would consider it a compliment.

No matter.

Let's look at Vermont. While about 72% of residents are vaccinated, that still leaves a whole lot who are not.

Quote:
Case rates in Vermont residents who are not fully vaccinated are nearly four times higher than in fully vaccinated residents, according to state data. Essex County, the least-vaccinated county in the state, is reporting the highest case rates of any county in Vermont, with 1,022 cases per 100,000 people reported from Nov. 2 to 8. In Grand Isle County, which has the highest vaccination rate in the state, that number was 160.

Statewide, those driving the surge include people in their 20s, who are the least vaccinated among Vermont adults, as well as children ages 5 to 11, who are just now eligible to get vaccinated, Dr. Mark Levine, Vermont's health commissioner, said Tuesday.

Its also being driven by delta.

The better question is how sick people are getting. The answer appears to be that few are hospitalized -- about 84, with 22 in the ICU. No data on who among them are vaccinated.

Florida is starting to increase again. But its experience is different, with more hospitalizations, and the unvaccinated at times filling ICUs. https://www.tcpalm.com/restric.....01%2F https://www.npr.org/2021/08/12.....reads https://www.winknews.com/2021/.....rily/

BTW, Florida has one of the highest vaccination rates in the US, at over 70%.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:35 pm
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:

This is not surprising, since the target spike protein of the new variant contains many mutations from the original. Makes sense it will less effective. Are viral mutations also part of the grand conspiracy?

As to the CDC's recommendations, I'm not sure why they would recommend that.

Last edited by DrMom on Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

fleetwood

Post Tue, Nov 30 2021, 12:35 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Its also being driven by delta.

The better question is how sick people are getting. The answer appears to be that few are hospitalized -- about 84, with 22 in the ICU. No data on who among them are vaccinated.

Florida is starting to increase again. But its experience is different, with more hospitalizations, and the unvaccinated at times filling ICUs. https://www.tcpalm.com/restric.....01%2F https://www.npr.org/2021/08/12.....reads https://www.winknews.com/2021/.....rily/

BTW, Florida has one of the highest vaccination rates in the US, at over 70%.

How dare you follow the science!!!
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics