Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Sick

Rivka

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 4:14 pm
My son threw up on my bed and the floor and I scrubbed it with every single cleaning thing I seem to own (apart from bleach) and it doesn't seem to have helped...the floor is clean looking but it stinks to high heaven and anything that falls on it smells like puke and I really can't stand the smell...I now smell it in my sleep.
I was thinking of using a steam cleaner (borrowing one, they are too expensive to buy) but I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas.

proudmom

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 8:11 pm
lysol?

Tefila

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 9:19 pm
Laundry prestain remover , carpet deoderizer done both and it's worked 4 me Tongue Out

chen

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 10:07 pm
Sprinkle on dry baking soda and leave for as long as you can, then vacuum up. Follow with lysol spray if it still smells.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 11:15 pm
if you use enuf detergents (lestoil) eventually you wont' smell the throw up -- just strong detergents!

lucky

Post Sun, Oct 30 2005, 7:22 am
Ammonia removes smells very well. Just air the room very well after using.

BTW, I use ammonia in the laundry for colored loads, especially for smelly socks.

Rivka

Post Sun, Oct 30 2005, 8:31 am
I think lysol is dettol, so I used that and I used the carpet cleaner and the carpet powder which you hoover up and it's meant to make it smell nice.
I used washing liquid for the clothes and that didn't help...what is ammonia???
Oh btw the sick is because he threw up his milk so it smells more like off milk than sick....pretty disgusting anyway.
There is no stain, just a smell.

Rivka

Post Tue, Nov 01 2005, 7:29 pm
I bought some Neutradol powder and I sprinkled it on the floor and so far so good. We shall see how long it lasts.

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Jan 22 2006, 10:33 pm
sorry in advance! I know this is a supert old thread! but Febreeze works wonders on all smells!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry