Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
No fever all day and spiked a fever at bedtime

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:37 pm
So my 6 yo has/had the flu since mid last week. Had no fever all day today and he was in good spirits and didn’t need any naps or Motrin all day. I was happy he’ll be able to return to cheder tomorrow and not have to miss more learning since it’s so hard to catch up...
Then around 6:30-7 he said he’s cold and sure enough he’s running a fever... one ear was 100.3 but the other was 101.

So, in the event he doesn’t spike another fever- does this null the 24 hrs or can we still think of sending him?

(I would check in with pediatrician but won’t be able to catch them before he needs to leave in the morn)

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:39 pm
Don't send him. I had this with my kid and they were sick for another 7 days! I thought they were all better after being fever free for 24 hours and acting all better.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:42 pm
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
Don't send him. I had this with my kid and they were sick for another 7 days! I thought they were all better after being fever free for 24 hours and acting all better.

Hmm. I really hope this won’t be the case... my daughter was sick for 3 days, spent the 4th day home bored stiff (the other days she was pretty bored too as Bh she wasn’t so sick but those days she at least took a nap to break up the day...)

I wonder if having had the flu shot makes a difference?

GrowingUp

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 8:47 pm
My 4 year old had the flu like this 2 years ago. She was sick for two days, and the next five days she only had fever at night. It was very frustrating but kept her home for over a week until she was completely fever free for 24 hours.
She did not have the flu shot that year.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 26 2021, 11:54 pm
Bump

amother
Junglegreen

Post Mon, Dec 27 2021, 12:14 am
Yes. No fever in 24 hours means no fever in 24 hours.

Now possibly no one will know and he’ll be fine tomorrow but if that’s the schools policy then he clearly needs to stay home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics