Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Shortness of breath and tiredness after COVID

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 4:09 am
My husband had COVID last week. By now he's already testing negative. However he has been tired since then, maybe even getting worse, and today he has shortness of breath. He brought my kids to school and then from climbing the stairs to come home he has shortness of breath.

Is this what they refer to as "long COVID"? Or just normal recovery still?

Does it make sense that his breathing was fine and is just starting to be this way now, without any active infection anymore?

Is this an emergency? Is there something to do about it?

Help. I feel like I have been reading about COVID all this time but now I am realizing that I know nothing.

For what it's worth, he had all three vaccinations.

Please share any insight/advice. Whether mainstream or alternative. I just want to get a sense of what we're dealing with and what our options might be.

myname1

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 4:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My husband had COVID last week. By now he's already testing negative. However he has been tired since then, maybe even getting worse, and today he has shortness of breath. He brought my kids to school and then from climbing the stairs to come home he has shortness of breath.

Is this what they refer to as "long COVID"? Or just normal recovery still?

Does it make sense that his breathing was fine and is just starting to be this way now, without any active infection anymore?

Is this an emergency? Is there something to do about it?

Help. I feel like I have been reading about COVID all this time but now I am realizing that I know nothing.

For what it's worth, he had all three vaccinations.

Please share any insight/advice. Whether mainstream or alternative. I just want to get a sense of what we're dealing with and what our options might be.

I'm pretty sure my MIL just said she just had the same- more tired the next week. I don't think this is "long COVID"- he was just sick last week! I'd relax and wait it out and iy"H he'll be fine next week or the week after. Takes the body time to get over any sickness- no need to be extra nervous for nothing. I think "long COVID" refers to like 6 months later, not 1 week.

Raisin

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 5:08 am
I felt tired for 3 months. But this was pre vax, pre omicron. No shortness of breath. If he is still feeling this way in a month, you can be concerned. But a week later I would say is normal.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 6:22 am
Yes- my husband still has shortness of breath and it’s been over a month. He gets winded climbing 1 or 2 flights of stairs.
I was very tired after Covid- well over a month after

amother
Clear

Post Wed, Feb 09 2022, 8:53 am
I am two weeks post. There was one day the week after that I felt worse than when I actually had Covid. I still get tired very easily and winded after a flight of stairs. I did find taking vitamins to be helpful.

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 7:19 am
Has anyone found answers to shortness of breath post Covid?

Highstrung

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 7:35 am
I had the feeling of winded for about 6–8 weeks post Covid when climbing stairs , when I had Covid the first time , in March/April of 2020. After that I was fine. But I did have shortness of breath while I was sick too.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 8:51 am
Op
Please have your dh seen by a doctor asap. Shortness of breath is concerning ( especially if it has been getting worse)

Covid can cause respiratory issues and blood clots. Please have your doctor rule these out.

Refuah shelaima!

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 9:40 am
Shortness of breath is a pretty common symptom of COVID including having it after recovery - how long this will linger really depends as some people have long COVID with symptoms continuing for months.

I would suspect that breathlessness is more common in those people who had more symptoms of COVID as it impacts the lungs principally.

Did your husband take Paxlovid? I have a few friends who have gotten COVID since it is widely available and they all had very mild symptoms and were fully recovered in a few days without lingering symptoms. They were also vaccinated and boosted so their symptoms were very mild - the majority of them only knew they had COVID because they were alerted by someone who they had been exposed to.

That said, here is a short article on COVID and shortness of breath

https://www.healthline.com/hea.....cause

Last edited by Amarante on Thu, Aug 17 2023, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

fleetwood

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 10:07 am
A friend of ours finally went to the hospital..his lungs were basically burnt by the covid! He was put on steroids and it helped. Good luck!

NechaMom

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 10:36 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Op
Please have your dh seen by a doctor asap. Shortness of breath is concerning ( especially if it has been getting worse)

Covid can cause respiratory issues and blood clots. Please have your doctor rule these out.

Refuah shelaima!

Her DH is hopefully healed by now.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 5:56 pm
NechaMom wrote:
Her DH is hopefully healed by now.

A doctor should make that decision.
Increased shortness of breath is very concerning. .op should at least call the doctor and discuss these symptoms.

NechaMom

Post Thu, Aug 17 2023, 9:32 pm
amother DarkYellow wrote:
A doctor should make that decision.
Increased shortness of breath is very concerning. .op should at least call the doctor and discuss these symptoms.

My point was that op posted 1.5 years ago
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics