Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Always been embarrassed to ask but…
  Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 18  19  20  Next

Miri1

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 1:46 pm
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
When you get up in the morning can you go to the bathroom first before doing negel vasser (if you don't do negel vasser by your bed)?

If you need the bathroom badly you're supposed to go first and then do negel vasser.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 1:51 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I believe you don’t need to say asher yatzar every time you use the bathroom at night. If you say brachos in the morning, I think that asher yatzar is putar for the times you went at night.
I do wash negel vaaser though.

Can anyone confirm? I’m 98% sure.

You have to say asher yatzar after every bathroom use. And hands become tamei after sleeping approx 1/2 hour so must be washed every time you wake up after sleeping that minimum.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 1:53 pm
Also, not sure if this was directly asked, but if one uses the bathroom and is about to wash for hamotzi, I was taught not to say Asher yatzar until after netilas yadayim from washing for hamotzi.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 4:56 pm
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
This exactly, but I think the answer might be different if you're sephardi.

Nope. Same.
To be exact, we were taught a hint - אמן can stand for אורז מזונות נפשות

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 5:00 pm
holylandgirl wrote:
I learned that you should only dry your hands after leaving the bathroom, otherwise you'd have to wash again - walking into a bathroom necessitates washing hands. It's a little know (but I think undisputed) halachah

Many poskim hold that today's bathrooms have a different status.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 5:01 pm
amother [ Magnolia ] wrote:
Question ~ can we wash neigel vasser or hamotzi if we have a bandaid on finger for a cut?

Yes, as long as the band-aid is there because it's still needed and not because you didn't get around to taking it off yet. (At least according to how I learned a week ago.)

dena613

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 5:33 pm
holylandgirl wrote:
I learned that you should only dry your hands after leaving the bathroom, otherwise you'd have to wash again - walking into a bathroom necessitates washing hands. It's a little know (but I think undisputed) halachah

Very very disputed.

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:29 pm
I learned that white rice is mezonos and brown rice is haadama.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:39 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:

Fascinating ! Source please .

TCFrenk

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:39 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:

I think white rice and brown rice are the same thing (brown rice is milled for a shorter amount of time). I would be surprised to hear that they are different berochos!

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:40 pm
When saying Shemoneh Esrei do you say, "... אדני שפתי תפתח" before or after you take three steps back?

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 6:59 pm
TCFrenk wrote:
I think white rice and brown rice are the same thing (brown rice is milled for a shorter amount of time). I would be surprised to hear that they are different berochos!

Think that I learnt brown rice is haadama. White rice is questionable between shehakol. Haadama. Mezonos. So you try to make a brachah on something else with these three brochos while having the white rice in mind.

amother
Feverfew

Post Sun, May 08 2022, 7:05 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
When saying Shemoneh Esrei do you say, "... אדני שפתי תפתח" before or after you take three steps back?

Say it when you’re back up front.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 12:29 am
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
Say it when you’re back up front.

Because once you say it, you have essentially started SE, which means you can't be walking any more.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 12:31 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Yes, as long as the band-aid is there because it's still needed and not because you didn't get around to taking it off yet. (At least according to how I learned a week ago.)

I'm pretty sure you need to remove it for hamotzi. What I've seen done, if you still need it to be on, is to wear a disposable glove on that hand- wash with the glove, wear it the whole meal, only remove it after bentching. I believe it acts like a substitute hand, sort of.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 2:41 am
My kids were given boxes of matza at school for Pesach. The boxes have brachot written on them with Hashem's name written as hey yud. How am I supposed to dispose of the empty boxes?

myname1

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 4:49 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
My kids were given boxes of matza at school for Pesach. The boxes have brachot written on them with Hashem's name written as hey yud. How am I supposed to dispose of the empty boxes?

I'm guessing it's not hey yud, it's hey apostrophe, short for "Hashem." They write it that way instead of writing Hashem's real name davka so that you can throw it away.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 4:53 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
I'm pretty sure you need to remove it for hamotzi. What I've seen done, if you still need it to be on, is to wear a disposable glove on that hand- wash with the glove, wear it the whole meal, only remove it after bentching. I believe it acts like a substitute hand, sort of.

It's still covering the part of the hand that didn't get washed and is working in the same fashion a glove would.
This is true for bandaids on a cut, not covering a large part of the hand as the question was about a cut.
A bandage covering more of the hand is a bigger issue of chatzitza.

Again, this is how I personally learned it a little over a week ago. It's possible others hold differently.

yiddishmom

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 10:09 am
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
Amaryllis, I've been looking for the shiurim by Rabbi Eliezer Krohn on halachas for women and seminary girls. I see shirring by him and I see halacha shiurim by others but can't seem to find the ones you mentioned.

Can you tell me where to find it please?

I found this https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....26%7D

amother
Brown

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 4:25 am
Maybe someone here can settle this dispute between myself and someone I know -

Do you need to say Modeh Ani when waking up from a nap?

I always thought 'yes', the other person always thought 'no'.

Answers anyone? Preferably with a source - thanks!

(And thanks again OP for starting this thread)
Page 14 of 20   Previous  1  2  3 13  14  15 18  19  20  Next Recent Topics