Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Always been embarrassed to ask but…
  Previous  1  2  3  4 18  19  20  Next

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:30 pm
Recommended reading

https://www.amazon.com/Halicho.....r=8-3

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:32 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Labeling fingers 1-2, starting from the thumbs, pinky is 5.
start with left hand ring finger, which I'll label L4
L4, L2, L5, L3, L1. R2, R4, R1, R3, R5

never blow out a candle or other flame. I wavy my match to get the flame out.

The mishna brura says tuma is weak today because kedusha is
He brings many opinions that we arent makpid on the order today

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:34 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Washing Hand Qs:
Can I wash morning in bathroom ok or must be near bed?
Do you wash every time you use restroom? Touch hair? Shoes?
Can I wash outside cemetery/ far from graves on road and again at home or is once enough?

Strictly al pi halacha wash anywhere in house
According to Chasidus wash by bed

amother
Olive

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:37 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
What’s with Asher yo tzar at night? If I wake up multiple times to use the bathroom to I wash negel vasser and say Asher yatzar each time?

I believe you don’t need to say asher yatzar every time you use the bathroom at night. If you say brachos in the morning, I think that asher yatzar is putar for the times you went at night.
I do wash negel vaaser though.

Can anyone confirm? I’m 98% sure.

Jello

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:41 pm
amother [ Vanilla ] wrote:
My turn, what is the proper direction to turn by the end of lecha dodi, I know we face away from Mizrach, but do I turn to the left or right to get there?

You turn toward the door of wherever you are and bow, then turn in the other direction and bow. You bow toward the shabbos malka as she enters your home, and you bow again as she is inside your house

Chavas

[quote="amother [ Hawthorn ]"]What’s the correct order for cutting nails? For Those that hold that there is an order obviously Smile
I know it’s cutting every second one and then going back and doing the rest but from where do you start on each hand?

Also, what do you do with the match after lighting shabbos candles? Can you blow it out or what?

I think it's great that everyone's asking/clarifying. There's a sefer, Shaarei Halacha that is easy to go through on your own or with a chavrusa that answers a lot of these questions.

naturalmom5

amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I believe you don’t need to say asher yatzar every time you use the bathroom at night. If you say brachos in the morning, I think that asher yatzar is putar for the times you went at night.
I do wash negel vaaser though.

Can anyone confirm? I’m 98% sure.

https://shulchanaruchharav.com.....ight/

amother
Apple

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:43 pm
I love this thread! Another yom tov davening question (can you tell when the only time I go to shul is 😀)

By vidui on yom kippur am I supposed to hit my chest when I say סלח לנו, מחל לנו, כפר לנו

Also once it switches to ועל חטאים do you hit the same way you would by ועל חטא?

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:45 pm
By Havdalah, why do people often say amein after the bracha on besamim but remain silent for eish?

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:47 pm
amother [ Apple ] wrote:
I love this thread! Another yom tov davening question (can you tell when the only time I go to shul is 😀)

By vidui on yom kippur am I supposed to hit my chest when I say סלח לנו, מחל לנו, כפר לנו

Also once it switches to ועל חטאים do you hit the same way you would by ועל חטא?
only hit by על חטא and same for על חטאים not for סלח לנו...

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:48 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
By Havdalah, why do people often say amein after the bracha on besamim but remain silent for eish?
I say amen for each bracha.

amother
Steel

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:48 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:

Amen is said to all brochos

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:49 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
Amen is said to all brochos

Right I don't see any reason not to say amen but I have noticed this phenomenon where a lot of people don't say it after eish for some reason. Wondering whether anyone has any insight. I don't think it's just me who notices this.

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:49 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:

maybe because they are busy with their fingernails? No reason not to say amein

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:50 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
maybe because they are busy with their fingernails? No reason not to say amein

Distraction? Ok, could be.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:52 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
Can I just say thank you! I totally never say modeh Ani I'm so ashamed! I thought it's for little kids in playgroup idk...
I saw the thread and had tears in my eyes. Right wing Ffb btw. Noone told me!!

I’m not trying to be mean, but I really don’t get it.
Didn’t your mother do this with you when your were little, then remind you to wash as you were growing up? Buy a “shiissel” for your room. Don’t you wash Neger vasser with your kids?
I wouldn’t ask this, but you say your yeshivish ffb.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:57 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I’m not trying to be mean, but I really don’t get it.
Didn’t your mother do this with you when your were little, then remind you to wash as you were growing up? Buy a “shiissel” for your room. Don’t you wash Neger vasser with your kids?
I wouldn’t ask this, but you say your yeshivish ffb.

Please don’t embarrass anyone for asking what seems obvious to you . The theme of this thread is Lo Habyshan Lomed. Tread cautiously please.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 8:59 pm
When do u say krias shema before bed, after getting undressed or before? Can u say it when completely undressed but under covers?
What about Asher yatzar when going in middle of the night and not dressed? Modeh Ani?
Guess u can figure out I don't always wear pjs lol and wondering whats appropriate to say when not covered.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:01 pm
It’s hard to know what is done because we’re kids and what’s meant forever. There was a girl in my high school class that thought it was halacha to put a finger on her lips when saying Baruch Sheim.

For some reason many of us have knowledge gaps in basic halacha. It’s not our fault, it’s how we were taught.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, May 03 2022, 9:02 pm
Shema you should be covered for. By a blanket is fine. Modeh Ani does not have Hashem’s name and can be said no matter what.
Page 3 of 20   Previous  1  2  3  4 18  19  20  Next Recent Topics