Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Tziitzis and accidents

amother

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 2:35 pm
ok, I do not want to ask this question of a rav. If anyone knows, or would be comfortable asking for me, I would be so grateful.

My son is more than three years old, and he is trained....mostly. Lately, he's been having solid accidents in his underwear. Is he "allowed" to wear tzitizis if he may have a bm is his underwear?

Thank you for your answers!

yo'ma

Post Fri, May 16 2008, 3:05 pm
I don't know the answer to your question, but I've had my boys tzitzis go into the toilet and get dirty. All I do is take it off obiously and wash it. Don't you change him right away?

Tamiri

Post Sat, May 17 2008, 2:27 pm
I trained all my boys (5) to take the tzitzit off before going to the toilet for a BM. Obviously, if the child is having accidents this won't work. I would not put tzitzit on a child who can't keep them reasonably clean but I am not a rav.

shalhevet

Post Sat, May 17 2008, 3:22 pm
Our rav said even if still having accidents a boy should wear them. (We might have only asked him about wet though, I can't remember, though I can't see why there would be a difference.) Obviously if they get wet/ dirty change them and wash the tzitzis.

Why don't you want to ask your rav? If you want, I could think of several hundred more embarrassing questions than that one....

mummy-bh

Post Sat, May 17 2008, 6:52 pm
Agree with Shalhevet.
Our Rav says to wear tzitzis even if wearing a diaper, but you should change ASAP when needed. Others say differently. Ask your own Rav for direction for your own son.

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 11:26 am
I'm the original amother with the question.

To clarify:
He's not getting the tzitzis soiled. My question was just on the propriety of a boy who may have stool in his underwear wearing tzitzis. I change him right away. I know it doesn't make logical sense, but my friends all seem to put tzitzis on only after the boy is fully trained. You would think that a boy who is going in the toilet is more likely to get stuff on his tzitzis than a boy who's ima s changing him carefullly. This boy is almost 4 so I'm embarassed to let his walk around without tzitzis. Don't judge me. Please, just help!

mummy-bh

Post Sun, May 18 2008, 12:14 pm
Apart from you being embarraesd to let him go without tzitzis, I don't think it's good chinuch.

Lots of kids regularly soil and wet at 4 and even oler. This is nothing to be embarrased about in the least.

Laughing Bag!

Post Tue, Jul 08 2008, 6:43 pm
shalhevet wrote:
Our rav said even if still having accidents a boy should wear them. (We might have only asked him about wet though, I can't remember, though I can't see why there would be a difference.) Obviously if they get wet/ dirty change them and wash the tzitzis.

Why don't you want to ask your rav? If you want, I could think of several hundred more embarrassing questions than that one....

mummy-bh said :
Agree with Shalhevet.
Our Rav says to wear tzitzis even if wearing a diaper, but you should change ASAP when needed. Others say differently. Ask your own Rav for direction for your own son.

I remember when my cousin was not yet getting trained when he was over 3 my aunt asked their rav , the child did not wear tzitzis until he was trained you should defenetly ask your rav and hear what you should do in this case if itwere only whet then its usually not the issue but the tzitzis are supposed to be cared for as I call it the heilige coushere tzitzis so he cant walk around unclean its not proper as in hiddur mitzvos or something you got to ask your rav!

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jul 08 2008, 7:02 pm
shalhevet wrote:
If you want, I could think of several hundred more embarrassing questions than that one....

I would love to see that list! LOL

amother

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 3:09 am
This was my question a few years ago! I have the same question again and found my original post and all of your answers. Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

life'sgreat

Post Wed, May 26 2010, 10:08 pm
amother wrote:
This was my question a few years ago! I have the same question again and found my original post and all of your answers. Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Are you saying you still have this issue? If you are in the NY area, there's a great doctor in Long Island that deals with such issues and has had tremendous success rates. You have to be willing to do his program, but it works if you stick to it. If you want information, just PM me.

I think this a question for a rav, but I think one needs to wear tzitzis if they are walking daled amos, and not wearing it while soiling the pants is an 'inyan', or whatever.

amother

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 12:02 am
Thanks for your reply! No, B"H!!! LOL Different kids, same problem. This one is just over 3, so it's not the same experience. But, I'm intrigued! what is this program? can you give me a hint of what he does?
So far, BE"H, half my kids are easy to train, the other half...oy! Rolling Eyes

life'sgreat

Post Thu, May 27 2010, 12:15 am
amother wrote:
Thanks for your reply! No, B"H!!! LOL Different kids, same problem. This one is just over 3, so it's not the same experience. But, I'm intrigued! what is this program? can you give me a hint of what he does?
So far, BE"H, half my kids are easy to train, the other half...oy! Rolling Eyes

It's hard to really explain what he does, but he's a pediatric gastroenterologist. Google the name Fredric or Frederic Daum (or Fred, can't remember, lol). Not sure if there's any updated information.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics