Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Stubborn Toilet Trainer

SingingMom

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 1:04 am
My daughter just turned three and she has the most phenomenol bladder control I've ever seen. We started toilet training last week, and she is proud to wear underpants, doesn't mind sitting on the toilet, but refuses to make. Last week she went until 4 PM without going to the bathroom once. I finally got nervous that she would get a bladder infection, and put a diaper on her. She hates having accidents, but refuses to let herself go on the toilet. I've tried bribes, threats (I know, not the best, but I was one very frustrated Mommy that long day last week!), anything I can think of, and she just refuses. Any suggestions?

Barbara

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 5:58 am
SingingMom wrote:
My daughter just turned three and she has the most phenomenol bladder control I've ever seen. We started toilet training last week, and she is proud to wear underpants, doesn't mind sitting on the toilet, but refuses to make. Last week she went until 4 PM without going to the bathroom once. I finally got nervous that she would get a bladder infection, and put a diaper on her. She hates having accidents, but refuses to let herself go on the toilet. I've tried bribes, threats (I know, not the best, but I was one very frustrated Mommy that long day last week!), anything I can think of, and she just refuses. Any suggestions?

Yes. Put her back in diapers. This is a battle that you cannot win. Just tell her that you see that she's not ready, and put the diapers on. With that kind of bladder control, when she decides to use the toilet, you'll have no problems.

drumjj

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 6:28 am
I must say I do agree with that ive had issues with my daughter and bli ayin hara they seem to be resolving themselves without me pressuring her as I just put on the diaper and let her and slowly she is showing me she can do it, I encourage complement and cheer her on

bebe3

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 7:31 am
I have the exact situation to the letter. I put her diapers back on and plan on retraining her in the summer. There is no way she is not going to school next year. But I plan on keeping the diapers off all day the next time around and having better treats for sitting on the toilet and awesome treats for making.

happymom

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 10:13 am
I dont think kids refust to go for fun (unless they see its a control issue like mother yelling or punishing them for not going wihc isnt ever a good thing..) but is she scared of something? the flushing? how it will feel? why not ask her what it is that is stopping her?

otherwise, id say shell have accidents u can tell her its ok hopefully next time we will make it to the toilet, (no big deal) and eventuannly she will learn. have yummy treats or a prize for when she does make it to the toilet. thats good for the motivation to go.

SingingMom

Post Tue, May 27 2008, 11:45 am
She has made on the toilet, about three times. THe first day we started, she went twice, and we made such a big fuss over it and she was really proud. I'm not quite sure what happened after that, but two days later (we skipped a day because I went to work and my husband didn't think to put underpants on her in the morning when she went to gan), she was refusing to go. I think she is scared, though not of the flushing - she likes doing that. She has a stuffed bear that she's very attached to, and just this morning I heard her telling the bear, "wow! you made on the toilet? I'm so proud!" SO I'm hoping she's starting to get used to the idea!
FOr now she's back in diapers, but I am also determined that she will be toilet trained by the fall, when school starts.

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 5:27 pm
Wow, that is stubborn.
I would like to toilet train my son too. He is 2 and 3 months and he refuses to have a bowel movement on the toilet. If I tell him to sit on the toilet he will urinate but no bowel movement. Whenever he tells me that his stomach hurts I know that means he needs to go; so I go with him to sit on the toilet and he can sit there for over an hour saying his stomach hurts but he wont let it out. As soon as I put on his diaper he gives me a job. Does this mean that he's not ready yet (I think he is) or should I just hide the diapers and let him go bare for a couple of days? Also he doesnt tell me that he needs to go - is that normal for this age? Many times while he's making in his diaper he'll tell me while he's doing it in his diaper.

happymom

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 6:27 pm
Quote:
He is 2 and 3 months and he refuses to have a bowel movement on the toilet.

that is still young especially for a boy since many times they are ready later.

My doctor once told me this and I totally agree

when it comes to anything with kids the right time is when THEY are ready. thats goes for eating solids and many other things as well as toilet training! when they are ready they are ready and shouldnt be forced to do things before they are ready.

raizy

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 7:15 pm
my son is 2.3 and I have the oppisite problem he makes big on the potty but not small. what should I do. for now he is in a diaper. but still. I am due in 3 weeks so I am not interested to toilet train him now. but still if he wants to go to the toilet I dont say no.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training