Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Be honest: Does this look like a sanitary pad???
1  2  3  Next

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:06 am
I may have hit upon the perfect solution how to send my 60% toilet-trained kid to cheder while at the same time avoiding humiliations of wet pants and puddles: Diaper doublers. You stick it into the underpants and it absorbs the wetness if he has pee accidetns. the only problem is that I realized after buying it that it might look too much like a sanitary pad!!! Think his Rebbe will notice it? I doubt they look into the kids' underpants when they take them to the bathroom. What do you think of this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FCH1XM

I also bought this product real fast in case the above looks too much like a pad.

http://www.healthpursuit.com/d......html

any thoughts?

luckyme

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:17 am
Um, a little, BUT I think it's a great idea - you can imagine how embarrassing an accident would be.
Is it possible for you to tell his Rebbe what they are? Also maybe ask him to keep an eye out for the little guy & periodically remind him to go.
I think I will try these for overnight!

GAMZu

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:21 am
Might as well send him in a regular pull-up.
You said he sits to pee. I imagine that thing will slip out and/or get misplaced... fall on the floor, etc.

Just get good pull-ups that he's able to take off and put on alone.

Love My Babes

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:22 am
is the second link for adults? that is interesting.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:27 am
Just curious - why these over normal pull-ups?

greenfire

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:29 am
wow ... forget about that it looks like a pad ... it merely adds to the absorbancy of a diaper ... you put it in undies and over the edge the pee goes right onto his undies to be sure - if not his clothing as well ... I cannot imagine how embarrassing this could be ... I would leave on the pull ups ... in no time with the other boys he will surely want the undies ...

good luck to both of you !!!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:33 am
1. the cheder frowns mightily on pullups. I dont want him to start on the wrong foot. I want to save pullups if I see after a week or two that he's still having constant accidents.

2. the liner sticks into the underpants like a sanitary pad, it wont fall out.

3. my son tends to take advantage in pullups, he avoids asking to use the toilet cuz he knows he has where to pee. if he's wearing underpants he knows he's suppsoed to keep them dry and will rather ask for the toilet. the liner is just in case for the first few days until he gets the hang of cheder and learns the ropes of actually using their child sized toilet.

4. the rebbes teach the kids to go standing. they learn that very fast.

5. Of course I plan to tell the Rebbe to keep an eye out for him, but Rebbes don't love when the kids arent fully trained, so I'm trying to find a solution to send him 'pretend fully trained' but with a way to avoid humiliation and thus immeidately hating cheder.

so, taking the above 4 into consideration, what do you think?I want this as an alternative to pullups, I dont want to give him the 'out' that he can jsut make in it all day, which is waht he tends to do if he's in a pullup. I only use pullups in extreme cases, such as being outdoors for a few hours without a bathroom nearby.

GAMZu

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:36 am
Do you think he won't realize that he can pee in this too? Wink

Wow, the Rebbes teach to go standing... in our cheider they aren't involved in bathroom issues at all. Unless a kid has an accident.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:36 am
I think get a pack and test them at home first before you send him off. If it works out, then great. Smile

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 12:42 am
GAMZu wrote:
Do you think he won't realize that he can pee in this too? Wink

Wow, the Rebbes teach to go standing... in our cheider they aren't involved in bathroom issues at all. Unless a kid has an accident.
Gamzu, he might... but to his Rebbe it's still an underpants and not a pullup. I want to save the pullups in case he really continues having accidents which I hoep he won't.

also, when he gets off the bus and he's wet, and wants to stay out and play I can take him into the hallway, change or remove the liner, and let him continue playing, instead of going up 3 flights to change his underwear.

The rebbe doesnt mamish 'teach' them as a lesson; he just plonks the kid down in front of the urinal and pulls his pants down! the kid sees all his little buddies using the urinal and realizes he has to use it too. I acutally had a peter potty mini urinal to teach SM but he was just busy flushing the thing... which I suspect he'll do in cheder too lol...

miracle mama he is iyh starting cheder in a week, so the package soudl arrive by shabbos and I can test it until wednesday. it'll be great to go out on short errands, since til now I either put him in double-training pants or in pullups and he always comes home wet...

GAMZu

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 1:07 am
The double training pants got me thinking... Maybe do double underwear and put the liner in between?
That way he feels the cloth, and not the liner. And if he wets himself, he'll feel that, too.

amother

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 1:08 am
REALLY good idea, GAMZu!

GAMZu

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 1:10 am
Aw, I love anonymous compliments! Very Happy

mimivan

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 1:55 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I may have hit upon the perfect solution how to send my 60% toilet-trained kid to cheder while at the same time avoiding humiliations of wet pants and puddles: Diaper doublers. You stick it into the underpants and it absorbs the wetness if he has pee accidetns. the only problem is that I realized after buying it that it might look too much like a sanitary pad!!! Think his Rebbe will notice it? I doubt they look into the kids' underpants when they take them to the bathroom. What do you think of this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FCH1XM

I also bought this product real fast in case the above looks too much like a pad.

http://www.healthpursuit.com/d......html

any thoughts?

You could send a note saying "this is not a whatchamaclit....they are really great! Try it with some of the boys (hint hint not a sanitary pad)" but I guess that would only work if the morah is a woman...
Do the boys have Rebbes at Cheder in your community at this age (as opposed to morahs)? Maybe your husband can delicately bring it up to the Rebbe and show him what it is so there is no misunderstanding.

Akeres Habayis

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 2:53 am
I think the dh and the rebbe would be embarrassed to have that conversation,of what the son is wearing LOL
I think gamzu is on to something.if he wears it as described,no one will know that he has a"pad"on when he has to go.trying it out before hand is a great idea also

mimivan

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 3:01 am
good point akeres, I can't quite imagine two chassidishe guys discussing this pad's resemblance or non-resemblance to Always or Playtex LOL
(unless, in addition to being a cheder Rebbe, he also poskens shaylas on taharas hamispacha)

Mama Bear

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 9:02 am
If he wears double training pants he wont need the liner; the double pants is quite uncomfotable and I was feeling a little sorry to do it to him, so this is a better option.

However, I'm starting to feel really optimistic that he might not even need the liner, because today his toileting is going pretty well BH. He wasi n a pullup in the morning cuz he woke up too early for me to have energy to bother with the tiolet, and even with a pullup he came to ask me to use the toilet, and it was dry. So who knows, by next wednesday he imght be perfect. but I think I'll still send him with the liner the first 2-3 days til he realizes he can ask the Rebbe for the toilet.

in our community, boys' chedorim have only rebbes. no morahs for boys. I am not so happy with this arrangement but this is how it goes. that's why the toilet training issue is so pressuring in my velt, cuz you gotta be trained for cheder... a morah would more easily change a soiled kid, a rebbe doesn't... mommies arent as sensitive to stinkiepoos Smile

mummy-bh

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 9:20 am
Mama bear, do they have 'toilet time' in the class your son will be going in to?

My daughter (3.3) was having major issues with her toileting, she refused to go and preferred to make in her underwear. I worked out she was poshut scared.

This was obviously an issue with her starting school. She was due to start in nursery after pesach, and I spoke to the teachers who reassured me. The first day she was in school, the teacher phoned me up to tell me "Xxxx has just been on the toilet very nicely" Well, I was over the moon!

She still refuses to use anything other than the potty at home, but at school she goes because she has to; the teacher says it's toilet time so she has no choice. At home, sometimes she will tell me that she needs to go, but if I see she's not been for a little while I just tell her it's potty time now, and she's fine.

mimivan

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 9:27 am
Mama Bear wrote:
If he wears double training pants he wont need the liner; the double pants is quite uncomfotable and I was feeling a little sorry to do it to him, so this is a better option.

However, I'm starting to feel really optimistic that he might not even need the liner, because today his toileting is going pretty well BH. He wasi n a pullup in the morning cuz he woke up too early for me to have energy to bother with the tiolet, and even with a pullup he came to ask me to use the toilet, and it was dry. So who knows, by next wednesday he imght be perfect. but I think I'll still send him with the liner the first 2-3 days til he realizes he can ask the Rebbe for the toilet.

in our community, boys' chedorim have only rebbes. no morahs for boys. I am not so happy with this arrangement but this is how it goes. that's why the toilet training issue is so pressuring in my velt, cuz you gotta be trained for cheder... a morah would more easily change a soiled kid, a rebbe doesn't... mommies arent as sensitive to stinkiepoos Smile

Interesting...I would have thought a rebbe would be quite sensitive, since there are halachos about not learning torah when there is a bad smell in the air.

louche

Post Wed, May 28 2008, 9:30 am
It does, but so what? I doubt that the boys in ds class know about sanitary pads. Do these come in a color other than pink? I think the color would be a potential target for teasing more than the pad itself, which is a great idea.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics