Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Be honest: Does this look like a sanitary pad???
Previous  1  2  3

sunshine!

Post Sat, May 31 2008, 11:40 pm
[quote="Mama Bear"]it arrived today. oy does it look like a sanitary pad!! and so uncomfortable. quote]

Why would you subject your poor child to feeling uncomfortable all day? How do you think he will run around and play like the other children in school if he is wearing a soaked uncomfortable thick sanitary napkinlike object between his legs?? I think the best idea is take the time to COMPLETELY train him, even if it means being cooped up in the house until he gets the absolute hang of it, and then consider sending him to school. Age isn't the only factor involved in determining if a child is ready for school...

gryp

Post Sat, May 31 2008, 11:45 pm
Quote:
GR, no one will change his wet liner, but at least his outer pants or shorts wont get soaked and eh wont be standing in a puddle.

Mama Bear, aren't you worried about him getting a bacterial infection or rash if he has to sit in a wet liner for hours? Maybe he just needs a bit more time at home. What's the rush to send him now?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 12:39 am
luvmyjob wrote:
Mama bear, it seems like your child is just not ready for this school, if the teachers there are not able to take care of the child's basic needs why are you sending him there? Why dont you wait til he is 100% trained?
I'm iyh due in several weeks and really need him to start cheder before the baby comes. Also, every time I have an OB appt he is shuttled from babysitter to babysitter so it's really time for him to have a steady place to go.

Thirdly, his needs cheder BADLY - he is climbing the walls and destroying the hosue out of boredome. Running errands with him is a nightmare. he needs socialization, discipline and routine, urgently. If I wait til he's fully trained he could be 3 1/2 years old...

Playgroups dont take kids his age anymore, at this age everyoen goes to cheder. He will IYH learn 'on the job' to cut down on his accidents... many mothers have told me they sent their kids half trained, even in pullups, and they 'finished up' in cheder. the Rebbes just dont change accidents, they call the mommies down.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 12:40 am
[quote="sunshine!"]
Mama Bear wrote:
it arrived today. oy does it look like a sanitary pad!! and so uncomfortable. quote]

Why would you subject your poor child to feeling uncomfortable all day? How do you think he will run around and play like the other children in school if he is wearing a soaked uncomfortable thick sanitary napkinlike object between his legs?? I think the best idea is take the time to COMPLETELY train him, even if it means being cooped up in the house until he gets the absolute hang of it, and then consider sending him to school. Age isn't the only factor involved in determining if a child is ready for school...
I've been doing this for weeks and both of us are losing our minds already. I can spend another 2 or 3 months doing this, and he will just continue climbing the walls and destroying the house, he is giong out of his mind from boredome. plus as I wrote above, I am due IYh in a few weeks and it's getting impossible to find babysitters to leave him with at my multiple appointments.

He just needs to start cheder already, he is going crazy with boredom and I just dont have the energy to clean up after him all day.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 01 2008, 12:43 am
GR wrote:
Quote:
GR, no one will change his wet liner, but at least his outer pants or shorts wont get soaked and eh wont be standing in a puddle.

Mama Bear, aren't you worried about him getting a bacterial infection or rash if he has to sit in a wet liner for hours? Maybe he just needs a bit more time at home. What's the rush to send him now?
REAd my answers above... he just has to go to cheder already, for everyone's sake, most of all his own.

I dont think he'll get a bacterial infection, esp if he's not sitting directly on the liner, but it's between the underpants. This diaper doubler is sold as an overnight doubler, so kids sleep in it for hours and hours... he'll only be in cheder for six, and it might only be wet for three or four out of the six.

I tested it out on shabbos and it worked very well. He wasnt soaking wet and he wasnt uncomfortable.

Hopefully he wont have too many wet accidents in cheder. it's just a precaution to avoid humilation in case the first 2-3 days he doesnt get the hang yet of 'asking' in tiem.

anyway ladies, thanks so much for all the input!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 6:53 pm
the decision is in: Shimon Moshe is starting cheder tomorrow iyh. I'm so nervous! daven for me everyone!!!

Crayon210

Post Mon, Jun 02 2008, 7:06 pm
Hatzlacha rabba for Shimon Moshe ben Mama Bear! ;-)

Pickle Lady

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 10:24 am
I am in anticipation as to how is will do today. Don't forget to check in with us on how he did.

Also to answer your first question. yes it looks like a sanitary pad. I asked my husband what he thought it was and he said it looked like a diaper. Does he treat it any different than he treats a diaper? One of my kids would when I was trainging him and the other treated pullups like underwear. All kids are different.

Whats so strange about teaching a boy to pee standing? Thats the way I did it. I think the boys were easy to train that way. Well I have not trained a girl yet until now. I am starting to train my daughter but not forcing.

Last edited by Pickle Lady on Tue, Jun 03 2008, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

chavs

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 11:22 am
I didnt read the replys but I think it looks like a sanitary pad.
I hope it will go well for SM his first day, you should have much nachas

GetReal

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 12:28 pm
Hatzlacha Rabbah! Thinking of you guys!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 2:37 pm
BH a million times - bashert - the menahel put sm into a classroom with a Rebbe known for patience with toilet issues, he even asked us as soon as we came in if he goes sitting or standing!!! wow!!! SM was very excited to sit down and play with the waffle blocks. Looking forward to his bus at 3:20 - I wonder hwo wet he'll be when he gets home Smile.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 4:18 pm
he come off the bus all happy, and yes, his pants were wet - thank goodness for the liner. his shorts bh didnt look wet outside, only to the touch. when we got upstairs he asked for the toilet. not bad.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 6:00 pm
I guess that means nobody noticed the sanitary liner ... in the meantime you're still safe ...

mazel tov on his first day of school - did you cry ...
Study

amother

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 7:39 pm
I just hope the rebbis are nice and comapssionate when the kids have accidents cuz if not thats relaly bad

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 7:45 pm
I was totally fortunate that he was assigned a Rebbe who is very okay with accidents and such. I dont think he noticed the liner. I'm hoping in a few days it won't be necessary anymore. He didnt have a single accident at home bh (except if you count making #2 in teh bathtub... I was so happy he didnt do it in cheder that I didnt even scold him lol)

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jun 03 2008, 7:52 pm
Wow, you didn't even get to stay with him on the 1st day?
We have the 1st day as orientation. I can't imagine just sending him into the unknown the very 1st day. My son was 1/2 year older than yours is now, and still needed it as gradual as possible.

But I guess when you don't have a set beginning to the school year, that's how it works.

chavs

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 10:32 am
in the nursery Mendele is starting in after the summer the first week you stay with your child all day which is good I think. They dont have to be toilet trained but when you want to start they will help out. I cant imagne the stress with having to have him toilet trained by a certain time.

I am very happy it went well, hopefully he'll enjoy it and run of some steam.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 10:59 am
Yeah gamzu, the beginning kids can start any time of year (most wait for rosh chodesh so we get our entire month's pay). There is no real orientation. There are 2 Rebbes in the room and they'd be uncomfortable to be in a room with 20 mothers (there wouldnt even be room for the 20 mothers) and I find that the kids are a lot more clingy if their parents stay in teh room. My son looked for me once, his Rebbe told him I'll be back for him later and that was it.

This morning he did balk at going on the bus and tried to grab on to me, but the bus Rebbe picked him up and took him reassuringly. I cried for 5 minutes straight, then I called my mother who lives next door to the cheder and she saw my son come off the bus very happily, and the bus Rebbe held his hand and took him into his classroom, so I calmd down.

Today will be the real test, as it's his first full day away from mommy...

GAMZu

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 11:42 am
Quote:
then I called my mother who lives next door to the cheder and she saw my son come off the bus very happily, and the bus Rebbe held his hand and took him into his classroom, so I calmd down.

Aw, that's sweet. Good idea. I just hope he didn't see her!

dmmama

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 3:58 pm
When DD was very small, she would pish through her diapers every night... the dr suggested diaper doublers, but then added that I could just use a sanitary pad instead. So yeah, I think they are pretty close to the same thing!

But that doesn't mean I think you shouldn't use it... as someone else said, just tell the rebbi you bought special diaper doublers to help your son while he is in cheder. That way he won't have to wonder.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics