Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Serendipity reopened *update*
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

anonymrs

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:53 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
Omg I was going to get my baby shabos clothes there! Really can't afford to spend 50+ in regular stores. Anyone know of other gemachs that have normal up to date?

If you post here your baby's size and gender, maybe someone can give you directly.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 8:57 am
amother Mimosa wrote:
It's hard work going through the bags. Maybe they don't have enough help.

Well, that’s not why they are temporarily closed

giftedmom

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:02 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
Idk I go specifically for the used baby girl stuff and they barely have anything which doesn't make sense to me

Makes sense as most people either save baby clothes or give directly to others. A lot of people are giving stuff away now I’m sure you can find someone who has for you.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:17 am
I’m confused. I thought that serendipity was on oberlin Ave. This morning I was driving and saw a serendipity on swathmore ave across the street from the post office… is there more than one location?

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:30 am
These past 2-3 years I've been so disappointed by Serendipity. I remember when it was a dollar an item. Then it went up to two. Now you can't get much under 4-5 dollars an item, and anything nicer is priced up up up. They are getting loads and loads of donations. I've stopped going so much. It's painful to see pretty clothing, look at the price tag, and realize I still can't afford it.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:46 am
amother Orange wrote:
I’m confused. I thought that serendipity was on oberlin Ave. This morning I was driving and saw a serendipity on swathmore ave across the street from the post office… is there more than one location?

The one on swarthmore is just a drop off to drop off clothes

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:47 am
mommyla wrote:
I donate a lot of my nice stuff there. Are they not using it? Is there a different place to give to?
It’s better imo to give to a gemach that does what serendipity used to. Serendipity is selling a lot of overstock now rather than used, and has upped their prices to pay for their storefront and workers. It’s a different model. Pinwheel charges something like 50c per outfit, they’re in a basement so no rent and the helpers are all volunteer so no salaries to pay. But I guess once too many people find out they will go the way of serendipity. I hope not, it’s a shame.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:49 am
amother Begonia wrote:
The one on swarthmore is just a drop off to drop off clothes

Oh! I recently left a box of perfectly good winter coats outside of the oberlin Ave store… didn’t realize there was another location for dropping off.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 9:50 am
where is pinwheel?

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:33 am
I have beautiful shabbos outfits in mint condition. Where is a good place to donate them?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:51 am
For those who say don't donate, I personally don't live in Lakewood but I know many people who benefit from getting clothes there...

DVOM

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:59 am
amother Tomato wrote:
I have beautiful shabbos outfits in mint condition. Where is a good place to donate them?

Pm me! I'd love to take them! What I can't use myself I pass on to family and friends. It gives me so much joy 😊.

keym

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 12:11 pm
DVOM wrote:
Pm me! I'd love to take them! What I can't use myself I pass on to family and friends. It gives me so much joy 😊.

What I love about serendipity is the one stop dropness. I can drop off a box with 2 unopened girls tights, 3 gorgeous ladies sweaters in different sizes, boys white shirts still in it's package and a baby coat (let's say). All in one place, rather than trying to figure out who can use the tights, who can use the cost.

Anyone else know any such drop-off places for assorted sizes and things in good condition

giftedmom

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 12:25 pm
keym wrote:
What I love about serendipity is the one stop dropness. I can drop off a box with 2 unopened girls tights, 3 gorgeous ladies sweaters in different sizes, boys white shirts still in it's package and a baby coat (let's say). All in one place, rather than trying to figure out who can use the tights, who can use the cost.

Anyone else know any such drop-off places for assorted sizes and things in good condition

I’ve had a lot of luck on ima lately and people come get the stuff from my house. If you’re not afraid to give your address that is.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 12:38 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
For those who say don't donate, I personally don't live in Lakewood but I know many people who benefit from getting clothes there...

US too, we love oot and my girls find beautiful clothes there for dirt cheap

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 12:40 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
It’s better imo to give to a gemach that does what serendipity used to. Serendipity is selling a lot of overstock now rather than used, and has upped their prices to pay for their storefront and workers. It’s a different model. Pinwheel charges something like 50c per outfit, they’re in a basement so no rent and the helpers are all volunteer so no salaries to pay. But I guess once too many people find out they will go the way of serendipity. I hope not, it’s a shame.

I recently saw serendipity advertising for volunteer workers. I’m not so sure they are paid employees.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 12:59 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
I recently saw serendipity advertising for volunteer workers. I’m not so sure they are paid employees.
they definitely have a few paid workers who sort and hang the clothes.

They have lots of used clothing still. I got my son a bunch of tops recently for $2 each. Have been very successful for myself as well. Please continue to donate to them!

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 1:28 pm
https://I.imgur.com/Y6H1Hp3.jpg

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 1:30 pm

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 1:33 pm
Where is Pinwheel please?
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries