Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Pregnancy test
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:05 pm
There's a slight I may be pregnant (waiting a while ttc)
Does anyone know if it is an issue to take a pregnancy test on Tisha b'av morning? If it happens to be a positive (IyH please Hashem) I would feel it wld take away from the sad day as it would just become my happiest day. I know I can technically wait till Friday but the waiting came is soooo hard for me.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:10 pm
Same question op! I’m going to wait that extra day!

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:15 pm
I know it's hard but I really think you should wait the extra day. I would even wait till Friday afternoon after chatzos.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:18 pm
Yes. Wait until Friday

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:30 pm
Those saying to wait, is it just your feeling talking or do you know if halachically we're supposed to wait?
OP, I'd ask a sheila.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:42 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
Those saying to wait, is it just your feeling talking or do you know if halachically we're supposed to wait?
OP, I'd ask a sheila.

most people avoid excitement and joy on Tshva B'av - hashkafa, not halacha.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:47 pm
amother Blue wrote:
I know it's hard but I really think you should wait the extra day. I would even wait till Friday afternoon after chatzos.

waiting till chatzos would mean it wnt be the first pee of the day and so it may not be accurate results. If she would wait even more that wld mean till Sunday. I assume Friday morning wld be fine I assume but I'm just making it up and have no source.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
waiting till chatzos would mean it wnt be the first pee of the day and so it may not be accurate results. If she would wait even more that wld mean till Sunday. I assume Friday morning wld be fine I assume but I'm just making it up and have no source.

It depends which day post ovulation it is. If it's already day 13 or 14 then if it is held in for around four hours it is considered very similar to first morning pee (edit: first morning pee and waiting four hours are similar, has nothing to do with which dpo you are). You can get a positive earlier than that too like around day 11 or 12 even if your not using first morning pee.

It is just a suggestion anyways.

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:59 pm
amother Turquoise wrote:
most people avoid excitement and joy on Tshva B'av - hashkafa, not halacha.

An engagement may happen on tisha ba'av, that's exciting.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 8:04 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
An engagement may happen on tisha ba'av, that's exciting.

Yes, but that's for a different reason. This isn't really the same idea as that.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 8:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
There's a slight I may be pregnant (waiting a while ttc)
Does anyone know if it is an issue to take a pregnancy test on Tisha b'av morning? If it happens to be a positive (IyH please Hashem) I would feel it wld take away from the sad day as it would just become my happiest day. I know I can technically wait till Friday but the waiting came is soooo hard for me.

I was just thinking that what if I get pregnant on tisha bav what I would do, we’re struggling with infertility and can’t imagine having to wait! Also would be so hard not to be able to hug dh if its positive.
I hope it’s good news for you op whenever you test.

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 8:08 pm
I would pee into a cup first thing, and then put the cup away. After chatzos, test the urine.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 8:38 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
I was just thinking that what if I get pregnant on tisha bav what I would do, we’re struggling with infertility and can’t imagine having to wait! Also would be so hard not to be able to hug dh if its positive.
I hope it’s good news for you op whenever you test.

Yes that is another point I thought of. Whether it's positive or negative I would need that hug. I think I will hold myself back and wait till Friday morning IyH.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 9:42 pm
Wishing you the best!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 1:53 am
I due to test on Tisha b'av once and did the test a couple of days before.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 12:03 pm
I am wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if I can take it now that it is after chaos? The waiting is really getting in my head and it's so hard.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 6:37 pm
Please keep us posted OP! Davening for you!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 8:10 pm
amother Coral wrote:
Please keep us posted OP! Davening for you!

Thank you!!
I ended taking a rest after chazos cuz I was getting really dizzy and was having an extra hard fast so my dh wanted me to take it then.
I am BH pregnant!!! Still in denial but so so happy IyH I was trying for close to a year and was having issues with my period the last month or 2 so I am so happy and excited IyH!!!
(I do feel a little guilty that I found out on Tisha bav tho)

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 8:16 pm
Basha Tovah!

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jul 27 2023, 8:18 pm
Bsha'ah tovah!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note