Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Pomona neighborhood vs New City

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 4:44 pm
We're looking to move to Monsey and are trying to find a middle of the road, regular mainstream Frum area for young families in 20's and low 30's.
What are the shuls, and we are only looking for an area that already has an eruv.
Any info/insight would be greatly appreciated.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 5:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
We're looking to move to Monsey and are trying to find a middle of the road, regular mainstream Frum area for young families in 20's and low 30's.
What are the shuls, and we are only looking for an area that already has an eruv.
Any info/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Just letting you know that the new city eruv was just extended this week to the other side of North Little Tor Road.

New city sounds like a good fit for what you’re looking for. There’s lots of different neighborhoods, many new ones with just a minyan or so but with great potential so look into it well. If you’d like I can suggest an excellent broker familiar with all the New City neighborhoods. Good luck!

amother
Viola

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 7:01 pm
Haverstraw may be a good fit as well. Eruv covers all I believe. Beautiful choice of shuls.

There are a few houses available here.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 7:05 pm
Haverstraw has an Eruv but it DOES NOT connect to any other Eruv so you can't walk out of the eruv.

New city has an Eruv that covers the Buena Vista area to North little tor. It was worked on being extended but honestly not sure it's down yet.

Pomona is a bunch of different sides and neighborhoods so hard to say.

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 7:07 pm
Both those areas have what you're looking for.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 8:07 pm
OP

what do you associate yourself with
are you modern, litvish, yeshivish, chassidish ?!
neighborhoods matter based on that info

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 8:10 pm
In general, not across the board, just a generalization, New City is less modern and also has a strong yeshivish element in some parts.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 8:43 pm
We love New City. We considered Pomona but didn't like the competitiveness between blocks and all the shul drama. Too much for us. I know its not every shul/ block but we're quiet, humble people and not looking to make waves. New City has a good mix. From Sawmill down Buena Vista to New Hempstead, there are all different types but mainly jpf and yeshivish. Some chassidish in certain areas and some less religious but it's a nice area.

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 9:16 pm
I recently moved to the north little tor road area of new city. Love it here! Beautiful neighborhood, all different types of frum families and we just got an eruv bh

shanany

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:51 am
amother Stoneblue wrote:
OP

what do you associate yourself with
are you modern, litvish, yeshivish, chassidish ?!
neighborhoods matter based on that info

regular Frum professionals - middle or the road. not yeshivish or Chassidish. send to yeshiva and bais Yaakov.

shanany

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:52 am
amother Stonewash wrote:
I recently moved to the north little tor road area of new city. Love it here! Beautiful neighborhood, all different types of frum families and we just got an eruv bh

Thanks for your response! what is the address(s) of the shuls there?

shanany

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:54 am
amother Cornsilk wrote:
Just letting you know that the new city eruv was just extended this week to the other side of North Little Tor Road.

New city sounds like a good fit for what you’re looking for. There’s lots of different neighborhoods, many new ones with just a minyan or so but with great potential so look into it well. If you’d like I can suggest an excellent broker familiar with all the New City neighborhoods. Good luck!

We need an area with a shul/minyan and Eruv.

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 11:06 am
shanany wrote:
Thanks for your response! what is the address(s) of the shuls there?

Waverly court and Lisa lane

shanany

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:03 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
Waverly court and Lisa lane

Is there a Map or website that shows where the eruv runs so I can make sure to only look at houses within the eruv?

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 11:05 pm
shanany wrote:
Is there a Map or website that shows where the eruv runs so I can make sure to only look at houses within the eruv?

I’ll try to find out if there’s a way to look online but they just extended the eruv wayyy past north little tor road so if you’re looking anywhere near there you should be fine

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 11:52 pm
Which area in greater Monsey has the less expensive homes?

wabcs

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 11:58 pm
What about chestnut ridge?

shanany

Post Mon, Sep 11 2023, 8:05 pm
wabcs wrote:
What about chestnut ridge?

A little far out from everything else. New city and Pomona are 5 minutes away from shopping ect.

Chestnut Ridge is like 20 in or so...at least that's what people say...

shanany

Post Mon, Sep 11 2023, 8:06 pm
amother Stonewash wrote:
I’ll try to find out if there’s a way to look online but they just extended the eruv wayyy past north little tor road so if you’re looking anywhere near there you should be fine

Thank you. wish I can see on a map the borders so I can see where the border is....

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 12:45 am
Chestnut Ridge is also close to a lot of shopping, yeshivas, and supermarkets. It’s totally the other side of monsey from Pomona and new city. It’s a little closer to main monsey. However, it’s very yeshivish. If you’re looking for more middle of the road, the neighborhoods on the other side of monsey would probably fit you better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating