Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Skincare Routine help

Tindle

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 3:54 pm
Hi,
I just started working on figuring out a skincare routine for myself.

I'm really new to all of this, so wanted to get advice from those that might know much more about this stuff.

For night - Can I put on retinol eye cream and then put on a facial serum after it? I recently bought Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum. Can I combine the two?

Thanks!

Also, once I'm asking, when I look online, it seems like the ANR serum is supposed to be amazing and really make a difference. I've been using it for a few weeks already and I don't really see a difference. Could I be doing something wrong?

synthy

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 5:34 pm
Basic routine is to cleanse skin (ideally double cleanse), serums (which type you’ll want depends on your skin type and concerns), then moisturizer and eye cream.

So you’ll first need to put on the serum, wait 5-10 minutes for it to sink in to the skin, the put the heavier creams.

Tindle

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 5:41 pm
Thank you for responding!

When you say put on the heavier creams after the serum, are you referring to the retinol eye cream? Becsuse the package says "cream" but it doesn't seem like it's heavy or thick - it's ROC brand if that means anything - and I haven't opened the tube yet, but it doesn't seem heavy or creamy at all.

Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just want to understand - I thought moisturizer goes on after everything else, won't the eye cream not be able to penetrate (thus being less effective) if it's put on on top of moisturizer?

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 6:38 pm
If you apply moistirizer before retinol, it acts as a barrier and is less affective. If you apply retinol before anything else it will work better.
In cases where the retinol is too harsh on the skin and there's peeling, most dermatologists recommend applying moistirizer first. But if your skin can handle the retinol and you want the benefits, apply the retinol first.
Are you aware to use sunscreen every day rain or shine whhe using retinol? It exposes your skin - it is vital that you wear minimum spf 30
Also, do your wear retinol on the rest of your face?

synthy

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 6:54 pm
Tindle wrote:
Thank you for responding!

When you say put on the heavier creams after the serum, are you referring to the retinol eye cream? Becsuse the package says "cream" but it doesn't seem like it's heavy or thick - it's ROC brand if that means anything - and I haven't opened the tube yet, but it doesn't seem heavy or creamy at all.

Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just want to understand - I thought moisturizer goes on after everything else, won't the eye cream not be able to penetrate (thus being less effective) if it's put on on top of moisturizer?
Serum first, yes. Eye cream and moisturizer, you would put the thinner one first and thicker one on top.

Tindle

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 2:29 pm
Thank you for your replies!

Yes, I definitely know that I need SPF every day. Even without using retinol at night, I try to apply SPF every day.

I have used retinol on my whole face. But I had just recently purchased Estee Lauder ANR, which I thought would really be effective, but still didn't want to give up using the retinol for my eyes. That's why I was wondering if I could use both at the same time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics