Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
OTD 16 y.o. where can I get moral support?

Becca232

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:50 pm
The OTD group here is dead. My 16 yo daughter is otd. I'm so alone and need support. is there another forum or website? She's an amazing talented girl, who's hanging out with THE WORST boy. The worst friend group. How, why?! He's just taking her further otd. It's killing me. Thanks for any help

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:54 pm
Contact Mask or kesher nafshi - they may be able to set you up with other moms dealing with this.

Hatzlacha.it’s so painful

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Nov 28 2023, 11:54 pm
Kesher nafshi

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 12:22 am
Kesher Nafshi. They're having a shabbaton very soon. My friends who have gone to past shabbatons come back changed. I'm pretty sure they have a whatsapp chat.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 12:57 am
I will repeat kesher nafshi!!!
And if you're in lakewood nesivos has support group!

yc

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 3:26 am
go to the kesher nafshi shabbaton! so so worth it!

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:33 am
Everyone seems to recommend Kesher Nafshi- how can someone be helped by them if it doesn't work for my family to go to a Shabbaton? If I can't get out to a live event?

How do people do Shabbatons anyway? My OTD kid won't come, and I don't want to just leave them be. And my other kids and dh are not coming to something like this with people they don't know. I, and some of my teens, could really use a virtual support group. Or even a knowledgeable person to just talk to about it- not to listen to a shiur.

yc

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:43 am
there are women who go by themselves to the shabbatons. a bit different than what you would normally do maybe but consider it. Its not for kids in any case.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:46 am
yc wrote:
there are women who go by themselves to the shabbatons. a bit different than what you would normally do maybe but consider it. Its not for kids in any case.

Definitely not an option. Is there nowhere to get support without going away for Shabbos? And without a big event that you may need to travel to?

And I thought they did have something for siblings.

yc

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 8:38 am
sibling stuff is for families whose parents have attended kesher nafshi.
I'm not in the US so I don't know what support you can get there, sorry. But I do know that all the kesher nafshi speakers are usually like minded and can possibly be sources of support.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 8:51 am
amother Emerald wrote:
Everyone seems to recommend Kesher Nafshi- how can someone be helped by them if it doesn't work for my family to go to a Shabbaton? If I can't get out to a live event?

How do people do Shabbatons anyway? My OTD kid won't come, and I don't want to just leave them be. And my other kids and dh are not coming to something like this with people they don't know. I, and some of my teens, could really use a virtual support group. Or even a knowledgeable person to just talk to about it- not to listen to a shiur.

Call them and ask. There are support groups.

Shabbatons are for parents only. No kids.

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 11:50 pm
I am a staff member of kesher nafshi
you can pm me privately
we have free support groups in almost every community in the tri-state area and beyond

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Dec 13 2023, 10:37 pm
amother Latte wrote:
I am a staff member of kesher nafshi
you can pm me privately
we have free support groups in almost every community in the tri-state area and beyond

I can't PM you. Your reply was anonymous.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children