Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Waiting for the snow
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 4:15 am
I’m waiting to wake up to white beautiful snow. When is snowing expected in New York? According to Google December usually sees the first snow. Is it late this year?

(We had flurries one day in November.)

Ahhhh I can’t wait!

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 4:17 am
Some years it never snows so you might want to calm yourself down .

Einikel

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 4:18 am
Last winter we barely had snow. As someone with people that I love who are literally locked in when it snows I'm not mad. Though snow is beautiful, the aftermath is not...

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 4:35 am
NY aid having a snow drought. It’s been almost 2 years since measurable snow.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyor.....-day/

Blessing1

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 5:50 am
It barely snowed last year, the kids were upset that there were no snow days. I think that they're predicting the same for this winter.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 6:01 am
It’s a very mild winter bh. I bought my toddler a book about snow I want him to be excited about it in case it comes.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 6:07 am
It's a bit early to panic. Colder weather is coming next week.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 6:09 am
I wouldn't get my hopes up....we haven't had a snow day in years in NYC

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 6:44 am
Global warming…

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 6:51 am
OP, I'm waiting too!!
I feel like a little kid, I get so so excited to see snow!

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 6:53 am
We barely got snow last year in Lakewood and nothing so far this year. I love the snow!! It’s so pretty and fun. Going upstate for a weekend in a month so I’ll get to see it then.

honey36

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 7:08 am
I'm really hoping for snow too. Whenever my kids complain about how all their friends go to Florida in winter, I remind them how much fun we have in the winter- skating, sledding, skiing, snowmen, igloos, snow ball fights. Why do I need to chase the hot weather? I like the change in seasons! So yeah, I get a bit sad when theres no snow.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 7:10 am
Another snow lover here.
I live in a part of NYC where the aftermath is hard. Very hard. Not to mention ugly. The leftover snow turns into brownish grey slush that goes everywhere.
It’s all worth it though for that first look at grimy NY streets turned into a glittery white vision straight out of the pages of a storybook. The bigger kids are so happy and excited you feel like you just got invited to a party and there’s nothing in the world like sharing the amazement of a first snow with a pink cheeked toddler.
Maybe this year…

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 7:16 am
No snow please! I feel like Hashem is listening to my prayers this year. I live in an area where no one really bothers clearing the snow beyond their driveway and it's basically there until spring. Hate the snow!

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 9:09 am
Cobalt, one of us is going to be very happy when this winter’s over Very Happy

Elfrida

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 9:39 am
For what it's worth, I live in Yerushalayim. Last Friday there was, admittedly, a cold wind. A bunch of teenage boys at the bus stop were speculating as to when it was going to snow. The weather most of this week has been cool enough to wear a light jacket! 😂

YounginBP

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 9:48 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
It's a bit early to panic. Colder weather is coming next week.

Ooooh! Should I get my kids boots yet?

Maybe my sister have some to pass around.

Last year, I was organized and shopped early lol. They don't fit anymore. Ds did jump in some puddles on rainy days tho.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 10:26 am
YounginBP wrote:
Ooooh! Should I get my kids boots yet?

Maybe my sister have some to pass around.

Last year, I was organized and shopped early lol. They don't fit anymore. Ds did jump in some puddles on rainy days tho.

Na, no need. Considering the amount of snow we've had the past few years it won't be high enough for boots.

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Dec 28 2023, 3:41 pm
We are as well.
My son’s favorite book last winter was “Who’s the Real Weatherman”, about a boy who’s waiting all winter for a snow storm. The book ends with a surprise storm right before Pesach.
So my son was waiting and waiting, confident that there would be a snow storm before pesach…. But there was none.

I’m a bit of a weather/meteorological junkie. Based on the long range forecasts I’ve been following, there is a chance for a big storm in the tristate area at the tail end of winter. There will be more storms this winter than usual, but most will be rain.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 5:43 pm
Hello!
Coffee
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics