Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Should I be worried?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:52 pm
My toddler fell of a chair around 6 hours ago. He was crying hysterically for a short while and then he calmed down and acted completely normal so we all forgot about it.

I was just getting him ready for bed before and was nursing him like he always wants before bed. But he stopped feeding after a couple of minutes and started crying and touching a bump on his head (which I hadn't noticed until then) saying 'hurt you', 'hurt you'.

A few minutes later he sicked a lot. And then went straight to sleep (which he never does so easily without either being super tired or nursing).

Should I be worried??

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:55 pm
What does “he sicked” mean? He threw up?

That’s a sign off a concussion.
Could be nothing but always always call a Dr after a head injury in kids

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:55 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
What does “he sicked” mean? He threw up?

That’s a sign off a concussion.
Could be nothing but always always call a Dr after a head injury in kids

Yes he threw up.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:56 pm
You could be worried. If he threw up then fell asleep, yes you SHOULD be worried.

justforfun87

Are you sure he hit his head? Does he have fever?

amother
Firethorn

amother OP wrote:
Yes he threw up.

If he threw up, call the doctor now & keep a close eye on him as he's sleeping.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:57 pm
You can put butter to help the bump
Keep an eye on him to make sure he acts normal
vomiting is a sign of concussion.

Last edited by flowerpower on Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Brit in Israel

He needs checking
They will check his eyes
Wake him up and flash a light in his eyes see if they dilate

my mama

Please wake him and reach out to your doctor. Falling asleep after a head injury can mean something is off

613mitzvahgirl

I’m sorry, but your story is a little confusing. Maybe your keyboard is jittery. You said he fell off a chair, he was fine then you said he stopped feeding, then he touched a bump on his head, then you said he said hurt you hurt you,then he sicked a lot. I’m so confused to your story. I hope he’s okay

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:58 pm
I just read your comments. I think you definitely have to have him checked. Refuah sheleima

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:59 pm
He's a very adventurous toddler so unfortunately we've had our share of falls with him.

He did once fall and bang his head and threw up straight away. That time we called hatzalah and they said throwing up right away is normal and doesn't necessarily mean anything. But they sent us to the hospital because he was acting lethargic. Everything was okay BH.

But, here he was acting totally fine, it wasn't even noticeable at the time that he banged his head. I was actually trying to work out in which area he had hurt himself, I wasn't sure. And he wasn't able to show me any specific location either.

I guess I'm concerned that suddenly several hours later he's showing symptoms. Does that make it more concerning or not?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:59 pm
my mama wrote:
Please wake him and reach out to your doctor. Falling asleep after a head injury can mean something is off

I'm in Israel so it is his bedtime. Just he doesn't usually go to bed so easily.

ddmom

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:00 pm
Call the Dr and ask them what they suggest.

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
He's a very adventurous toddler so unfortunately we've had our share of falls with him.

He did once fall and bang his head and threw up straight away. That time we called hatzalah and they said throwing up right away is normal and doesn't necessarily mean anything. But they sent us to the hospital because he was acting lethargic. Everything was okay BH.

But, here he was acting totally fine, it wasn't even noticeable at the time that he banged his head. I was actually trying to work out in which area he had hurt himself, I wasn't sure. And he wasn't able to show me any specific location either.

I guess I'm concerned that suddenly several hours later he's showing symptoms. Does that make it more concerning or not?

Rather be safe than sorry in this situation.
I'd call the doctor right away.

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:01 pm
my mama wrote:

Falling asleep isn't necessarily alarming.
It's actually good for a concussion.
OP should call the doctor & ask them how to proceed.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

Yes, delayed symptoms are more indicative of a concussion. I would definitely call the doctor

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:03 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
Falling asleep isn't necessarily alarming.
It's actually good for a concussion.
OP should call the doctor & ask them how to proceed.

He fell asleep 6 hours later- at his bedtime. Not right away

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:04 pm
Throwing up after bumping a head is considered an emergency

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 2:05 pm
flowerpower wrote:
He fell asleep 6 hours later- at his bedtime. Not right away

Not necessarily alarming either. Sleep is good for a concussion. It takes time to heal & sleep helps heal.
She should call the doctor now & ask how to proceed.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics