Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Where could I turn for help?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 25 2024, 11:39 pm
Is there an organization that could help a poor person who owes a house?
I do have a good mortgage at an excellent rate for over 10 years. My mortgage is paid, tuition is paid, electricity is paid. We are fully in the books, no programs, my husband and I qualify for a paid health plan with a huge deductible and kids have child health plus. Cheapest cell phone plan/ home phone plan. Food is prices are sky high, we have to eat anyway. My old car broke, it was too expensive to keep it so I sold it to a junkyard. Where else could I cut down? Or where could I turn for help? We are not starving BH, we don't have money for extras like a new school sweater for my daughter or some clothing for the babies.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 12:11 am
amother OP wrote:
Is there an organization that could help a poor person who owes a house?
I do have a good mortgage at an excellent rate for over 10 years. My mortgage is paid, tuition is paid, electricity is paid. We are fully in the books, no programs, my husband and I qualify for a paid health plan with a huge deductible and kids have child health plus. Cheapest cell phone plan/ home phone plan. Food is prices are sky high, we have to eat anyway. My old car broke, it was too expensive to keep it so I sold it to a junkyard. Where else could I cut down? Or where could I turn for help? We are not starving BH, we don't have money for extras like a new school sweater for my daughter or some clothing for the babies.

Can you switch to a healthshare? We just did that because our premiums were eating us up. We're saving $1,300 per month now

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 1:56 am
Can you take on a side job to bring in extra income?

Someone I know does deliveries/driving jobs and makes over $100,000/year

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:28 am
I wish there was

happy for you that you own a house

I live in a rental and in perpetual fear of being thrown out

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 6:42 am
OP life gets hard financially can you reach out to organizations in your area for assistance with food and then use the money you would use for food for your other expenses. It sounds like you qualify. If your in New York there are plenty of food pantries around that give out great food items you would normally buy every week.

amother
Midnight

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:22 am
https://frum.finance/ might be able to help you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics