Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Feel cheated
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:48 pm
I have 15 lb to lose . I’m short and had a baby a few months ago and I know it will be so hard to lose. I see ppl around me that were chunky always that became so skinny recently with ozempic… it makes me feel like only the wealthy can become skinny now and cfor me it’ll be such a battle . I wish I could afford to do it but I can’t. I’m not looking for censure or a practical solution . Just want to vent . I feel so bad about myself

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have 15 lb to lose . I’m short and had a baby a few months ago and I know it will be so hard to lose. I see ppl around me that were chunky always that became so skinny recently with ozempic… it makes me feel like only the wealthy can become skinny now and cfor me it’ll be such a battle . I wish I could afford to do it but I can’t. I’m not looking for censure or a practical solution . Just want to vent . I feel so bad about myself

Feel the same. Being slim is only for the rich it seems.

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:50 pm
I'd rather be fat than go on ozempic

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:51 pm
I wouldn't take ozempic if it was free.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:55 pm
a lot of things aren't fair. people on food stamps and other government programs ate better than we did and they had better medical care too. they even got dental care and braces; stuff we never could afford.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 8:56 pm
I x know right now they look gorgeous and I feel ugh… in the past if someone lost weight she worked hard and “earned it” yup now being skinny is reserved for the rich.
Excuse me while I go eat my feelings Can't Believe It

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:03 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
I wouldn't take ozempic if it was free.

Explain please

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:03 pm
amother OP wrote:

If you are nursing you can’t really go that route regardless

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
I x know right now they look gorgeous and I feel ugh… in the past if someone lost weight she worked hard and “earned it” yup now being skinny is reserved for the rich.
Excuse me while I go eat my feelings Can't Believe It

In 10 years when the effects of ozenpic will become known, they won't look or feel gorgeous

People literally poisoning themselves for vanity

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:06 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
In 10 years when the effects of ozenpic will become known, they won't look or feel gorgeous

Ozempic is around for way longer than 10 years

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 9:59 pm
Is financial reason the only reason you don't do ozempic? I'm surprised!
I'm 30lbs overweight and wouldn't consider it!
Nobody's stopping you from dieting the old fashioned way! It's absolutely not reserved for the rich!
Although healthy food is and always has been more expensive than pasta and rice!! Nothing changed about that!

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:08 pm
Just saying being on Ozempic I probably saved the money I spent in food. But I don’t think a doctor would give it to you for 15lb. It’s meant for someone with a true eating struggle - someone who it’s the better of two evils.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:10 pm
If you had a baby only a few months ago, don't worry about this. Always analyze your figure on a baby's first birthday. If it needs work then, do that then.

Don't think about it before then.

This not a time to be irritated from hunger, or self-critical. It's the all important First Year in the kid's life. He / she needs you serene and happy now.

Don't do the obvious things we know aren't good for our figures. Avoid sweets, cake, candy, soda, all that.

And don't be hungry. Your body will panic, and pack on weight, as insurance, because not eating means "food is scarce here, hoard it," to your body.

Fatigue is also fattening, for the same reason. "Life is hard here, hoard food as insurance," is the message your body hears. Try not to be tired, ha ha.

It will probably fall off mostly when you start running after the baby. He / she isn't mobile yet.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:15 pm
Wealthy people were always “better looking” in the general sense because beauty and looking good can be expensive.

Eating healthier- expensive
Personal trainers- expensive
Skincare routines/body treatments- expensive
Plastic surgery- expensive
The list goes on..

This is not a new phenomenon

CPenzias

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 10:25 pm
I took saxenda for a few months and gained it back as soon as I started.
Maybe you can find something your insurance covers. I find it's about what you eat... try to eat good foods and less of the junk (I didn't say no junk. Just less)

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:09 pm
amother OP wrote:

It took 9 months to get the baby, do not even think it will take less than minimum a 9 months to recover. Good thoughts and good vibes heal.
Your body is healthy and strong and had a baby. Tell yourself that you are strong and beautiful. Treat yourself well mentally, positive self talk, eat well sleep well and move.

Librarian

Post Mon, Feb 26 2024, 11:12 pm
I feel frustrated too. I am thin. But I did not get that way or stay this way by eating all that much. It is very hard. I am often somewhat hungry. Ozempic sounds great to me!

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:14 am
amother Poinsettia wrote:

Ouch, I’ve been on Trulicity for about 8 years for type 2 diabetes (early onset) and I was never heavy to begin with. I don’t appreciate the fear mongering.

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:18 am
This is ironic. You are jealous that your neighbor can financially afford to lose 60lb the easy way, and you're stuck struggling with your 15lb.
But for how many years was your obese neighbor jealous of naturally thin you?!!! So NOT FAIR that you are naturally skinny!!
Huh? I'm sorry you wish you could take ozempic and you can't afford to, but seriously. Get over looking at other people.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Feb 27 2024, 12:27 am
Ozempic is NOT the easy way out.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise