Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I’m at a loss

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:16 am
I’m overweight but did intermittent fasting and other dieting and lots of exercise and bh lost 25 lbs. last year
But this year I continued on the same diet and exercise and somehow don’t stop gaining weight to the point where I gained back 30 lbs without Change!!
I’m so frustrated I ask hashem all the time to help me!

I went for bloodwork and my Dr said everything is normal- he fat shames me anyway and isn’t much help…telling me it’s a mouth problem! Ugh!

I made an OB appt to make sure everything is ok hormonally…
What else can I do!
I hate this and myself!

Running to exercise now Sad,but if you have suggestions….please….

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:25 am
Oh my I'm so sorry that sucks so bad. You'd think that at least you'd stay the same not put on! Did you carry on with the intermittent fasting as well as the exercise? Maybe you'll need to go back to calorie counting, and have a certain amount for every day. It's so hard I'm in a similar position and it's impossible!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:25 am
amother Amaranthus wrote:
Oh my I'm so sorry that sucks so bad. You'd think that at least you'd stay the same not put on! Did you carry on with the intermittent fasting as well as the exercise? Maybe you'll need to go back to calorie counting, and have a certain amount for every day. It's so hard I'm in a similar position and it's impossible!!

Yes I’m still Intermittent fasting…with a smaller window

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:28 am
Your doctor said you have a mouth problem? You need a new doctor because that’s not normal.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:41 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes I’m still Intermittent fasting…with a smaller window

That's really hard, I'm sorry I can't think of anything other than maybe you need to eat little and often to speed up your metabolism. Id be so frustrated 🥴

shanie5

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 12:42 pm
What are you eating for your diet?

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 1:07 pm
Sleeping is a big factor. they say best hours are 10-6 … not the same as 12-8. But exactly 10-6 being the optimal time for sleep. And sleeping enough can help with weight loss

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 2:08 pm
It’s so hard. And discouraging. I’ve been steadily gaining for 6 years. My dr finally convinced me to start ozempic .ive only done two shots so far , but I can tell it’s starting to help. Nothing was working for me anymore ! This was a last resort. Maybe give it a try?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 4:01 pm
nutritionist. if it's really what you eat, not a thyroid isse.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 7:42 pm
amother Wallflower wrote:
It’s so hard. And discouraging. I’ve been steadily gaining for 6 years. My dr finally convinced me to start ozempic .ive only done two shots so far , but I can tell it’s starting to help. Nothing was working for me anymore ! This was a last resort. Maybe give it a try?

I'm going to ask my GP for it. I'm a newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic so might be able to get it free. Losing weight is so difficult!

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:45 pm
Just to be clear, how weightloss works is very specific to each person, their history of overweight/obesity, their dieting history and factors such as stress, sleep and then of course the whole thing about various hormones, cortisol etc.

Homeostasis, which is where the body tries hard to keep the body in a specific range as it relates to highest weight, means that the body will defend the highest weight, to the point that it thinks you’re starving. So body processes can slow down as well because the body is conserving energy. The thing is that it doesn’t matter how the body is in a deficit, whether through food or exercise or both, the body assumes you’re starving and messes with you hormonally to get you to start eating again.

This is all dependent on your personal history, your environmental factors, genetics and it’s hard to say why something specific happens or doesn’t.

This is why almost no one can maintain a large weight loss. Statistically it’s almost impossible to. It can be done, but no two people are alike. The key here is to do what is sustainable for you and makes you feel good. Exercise is extra good for you, it’s just not a great way to lose weight .

In the case of both dieting and exercise, statistically most people can’t keep up what they’re doing for longer than six months which complicates things further. Keep trying to tweak until you get what works for you working again and then keep tweaking if it changes again.

BmoreBubby

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m overweight but did intermittent fasting and other dieting and lots of exercise and bh lost 25 lbs. last year
But this year I continued on the same diet and exercise and somehow don’t stop gaining weight to the point where I gained back 30 lbs without Change!!
I’m so frustrated I ask hashem all the time to help me!

I went for bloodwork and my Dr said everything is normal- he fat shames me anyway and isn’t much help…telling me it’s a mouth problem! Ugh!

I made an OB appt to make sure everything is ok hormonally…
What else can I do!
I hate this and myself!

Running to exercise now Sad,but if you have suggestions….please….

Oy, really feel for you. Been there, done that! (I'm guessing that most people I know have too...)

I think there are a lot of factors but what I learned in my own experience is that I had to permanently change my eating, not a diet but a permanent lifestyle change, which basically required a change in my attitude toward food. It helped me a lot that my husband was on the same page about making these changes, in fact he in some ways led the charge because he wrote a book about it, Body & Soul, a Torah-based health book (not a diet book). I think that I knew that I had to make these changes but it helped tremendously with my motivation to stick with them daily when I had a Torah-based approach to the whole body thing.

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 12:04 am
Are you drinking enough water?

Perhaps the fact that your (eating, I’m assuming) window became smaller, is slowing down your metabolism? Would you try eating smaller meals and eating every 2-3 hours?

lamplighter

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:21 am
Have you tried shaking things up. Have 3 days of eating all kinds of things and then go right back to your healthy eating. I know it sounds crazy but it has helped me break my plateau a few times.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise