Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How soon to feed again after throwing up

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, Dec 06 2008, 11:33 pm
If I don’t burp my baby precisely after each ounce, the entire meal will come out in one big avalange. So if my kids help out and ‘feed’ the baby…

How soon would you give her a bottle again? I wonder… is she hungry straightaway, or do I wait a half hour…?

cindy324

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 12:30 am
I used to have the same problem. What they spit up, seems a lot more than it actually is, it's usually some milk mixed with a lot of stomach fluids.

I wouldn't feed her again right away, wait until her tummy settles down a bit, then see if you can maybe stretch it close to her next feeding if she's not fussy.

grin

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 1:27 am
I would wait 2 hours before feeding her another bottle. (are you not nursing at all? you may want to nurse a little after an hour, if you're really concerned or if she's yelling her head off.)

cubbie

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 2:19 am
What do you mean by throwing up? if the whole meal is coming out as projectile vomit, your baby could have acid reflux and I would speak to your ped about it. If you're talking about spit up, that's generally a sure sign that your baby has had plenty to eat and I wouldn't feed her again for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, feeding her again before that will only cause her to spit up again as her little tummy is already full and needs that time to digest whatever is already inside.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 7:58 pm
She never ever spits up. But if a child helps out by giving her the bottle, and she is not burped enough, it will come out, all in one shot. It’s not acid reflux. It’s improper feeding! I ended up waiting only 40 minutes until I gave up and fed her again.

myfriends715

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 11:18 pm
sounds like my reflux baby sruli we needed to burp him 2x an ounce when he was ur dd age.. if he vomited we waited 45 min to an hr and gave again
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics