Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Kidney stones and fasting...

morahaviva

Post Sat, Sep 26 2009, 9:55 pm
So I went to the Dr Friday afternoon - he said the pain I have been having is kidney stone/s, but couldnt verify with a urine test because ..... He put me on super strong painkillers, and told me to drink at least 10 cups of water a day. He (jewish, not frum) said he wont tell me not to fast, but I need to drink both because of the pills which I need to continue taking, and to flush out the stones. I asked him if I could do shiurim (and explained what that was) and he said that I have to drink too much for that. I put in a call to my LOL, but have not heard back from him yet. Any input?

Zus

Post Sun, Sep 27 2009, 1:52 am
This is not the right place to ask such a question. It doesn't matter what our opinions are since nobody here is a rav, and (almost) nobody a doctor. They are the 2 professionals whose opinions you need.

funny50

Post Sun, Sep 27 2009, 11:42 am
when my father had a kidney stone his Rav told him he cannot take any pain pills on Yom Kippur, but he is allowed to take IV. In Boro Park they give IV in a few shuls. you MUST ask your own RAV.
Good Luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur