Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help me with support
Previous  1  2

pacifier

Post Sun, Dec 13 2009, 7:37 am
Some babies need to cry it out, simply because they are overtired. The crying from the baby is like our talking, it's their way of coming on imamother to soothe themselves. They communicate in this situation that they are tired and cannot fall asleep.
The op should first try levial's advice but if she decides to cio, then she has to be consistent. Of course it's hard, but as I said some babies need it. I did it with my daughter when she was 9 months, she was taking one nap a day and wasn't sleeping until 2am... After a few nights, she started "asking" to sleep, going in front of her room when she wanted to sleep.

If you don't want to cio, but need a break with her waking out, fussiness...., let her cry in bed for 5 minutes while you take a shower then start again trying to pat her back, or whatever method you want to use to help her fall asleep.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Sun, Dec 13 2009, 8:30 am
I am utterly appalled at this thread. Fine, so there's a Natural Parenting section that you can post on about things like "My baby is still waking up every hour on the hour at 13 months old, nurses every 45 minutes, and SCREAMS when I don't agree to give into her every whim - but I have three older kids and just can't deal with each of them at once," and we all stay quiet, because, hey, apparently this lady does not want to be told that sometimes your baby can't get everything she wants.

(And yes, this is taken almost verbatim from a thread I just read.)

But because the conventional parenting section was taken away, someone like this OP who very clearly says "I want to CIO, here's what I'm trying" is being told that she's being cruel and a horrible mother. That's really nice of all of you.

And this is coming from someone who posts on the NP forum at times, because I agree with certain aspects of NP. But for me, my baby just refused to go to sleep on his own, he was exhausted and so was I, I was at the end of my rope, and yes, I was evil and let him CIO. He is now a very happy, well-adjusted toddler who usually goes to sleep very nicely, gets plenty of sleep, and both of us are actually HAPPY during the day. And he doesn't even hate me for making him cry for three days so that he and I would be able to get the sleep we need.

I'm just shocked at the responses to this thread, especially IsraMom. I'd love to go comment on those NP posts, but no, it's against the forum rules because it might be ignoring the OP's feelings - right??

AlwaysGrateful

Post Sun, Dec 13 2009, 8:35 am
alwaysquestions wrote:
first of all, u people ar not being supportive at all. as u can see in my subject im asking for support.
second of all, I dont have a proble putting her to sleep rocking but its just that she wakes up each time I transfer her into the crib so the whole process starts again. and she litterly wakes up every 15 min at night. so I see this as the only option. so please everyone support only. thx

I had this problem almost exactly. I'd get him so that he was sleeping in my arms, but in transferring him, he would wake up and scream. This would happen again and again. Many, many times a day. Neither of us were getting enough sleep, both of us were cranky.

I now see that this is an old thread. I'm still glad I posted what I did. Alwaysquestions, how did it go?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics