Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Strollers... again

What accessories would you get with your City Mini double stroller?
Belly Bar  
 13%  [ 6 ]
Snack Bar  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Cup Holder  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Parent Console  
 18%  [ 8 ]
Rain Cover  
 59%  [ 26 ]
Other  
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 44

sympa

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 11:29 am
What accessories did you get with your City Mini Double, and why?
We're looking into it, and want some ideas of what others who have the stroller think it needs.
Is it possible to detach the shoulder straps from the lap strap for a toddler who doesn't want to be stuck all the way back in the stroller? Does anyone use the bellybar instead of straps for a toddler, or is this dangerous?

shabri

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 11:57 am
I got the rain cover. Which is good b/c I don't know what other one would fit this size.

I got the car seat adapter which I hate and I am trying to sell.

The straps don't detach, as far as I know. I wouldn't just use the bar though since toddlers could have a tendency to jump out at the wrong time

Tova

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 12:26 pm
I have the BJ city mini double and none of the accessories.

I don't find the rain cover so necessary as the canopies are very generous.

Everyone I know who has the car seat adapter hates it (I returned mine while still in the box after I saw my SIL's installed on her stroller).

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 12:32 pm
Friends of mine got the City Elite Double and it doesn't fit through Israeli doorways. Find out how wide the Mini is and make sure you can get them through most/all doorways.

maidale

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 12:46 pm
I'd get the raincover. I don't get any strollers without raincovers, as I do a lot of walking both in winter and summer and for me it's a necessity, not a luxury. A belly bar is nice, but not a must.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 12:49 pm
AFAIK, you need the belly bar to get the snack bar... that's something I wish I had as my first son got older. I also would like to have a parent console...

And unless you plan on staying in all winter, a rain cover is a must.

sympa

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 1:33 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
Friends of mine got the City Elite Double and it doesn't fit through Israeli doorways. Find out how wide the Mini is and make sure you can get them through most/all doorways.

Good point. The stroller is 30" (77 cm). My friends who have it say it fits through most doors, and it does fit through mine, as we found out when someone brought one to our house. Though I imagine it has to fit "just so".

wif

Post Thu, Aug 27 2009, 3:04 pm
My city mini has 24 inch low profile chrome rims with spinners and a .50 caliber browning machine gun mounted on the suncover. What's up nooooooooooooooow?!

Raisin

Post Fri, Aug 28 2009, 3:31 am
I got a hook for holding shopping bags and a parent console (although a cup holder would have been enough for me)

wif

Post Fri, Aug 28 2009, 4:46 am
wif wrote:
My city mini has 24 inch low profile chrome rims with spinners and a .50 caliber browning machine gun mounted on the suncover. What's up nooooooooooooooow?!

Oh, my. It's not safe to leave Imamother open in my house. I'm sorry that City Mini (or any other stroller in the world, for that matter) has not yet come out with accessories that you would like, darling husband of mine, but that is no reason to confuse the sweet women on this site, who have no wish to launch air missiles of mass destruction from their baby strollers.

shabri

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 2:23 am
I live in Israel. My City Mini fits through most doorways. There is 1 supermarket near me with narrow checkout lanes, it doesn't fir through them

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 1:47 pm
wif wrote:
wif wrote:

Oh, my. It's not safe to leave Imamother open in my house. I'm sorry that City Mini (or any other stroller in the world, for that matter) has not yet come out with accessories that you would like, darling husband of mine, but that is no reason to confuse the sweet women on this site, who have no wish to launch air missiles of mass destruction from their baby strollers.

LOL

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 13 2019, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

EsaEinai

Post Sun, Aug 30 2009, 2:41 pm
ChSh wrote:
wif wrote:
wif wrote:

LOL thats too funny

wif

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 12:27 am
EsaEinai wrote:
ChSh wrote:
wif wrote:
wif wrote:

LOL thats too funny

The problem is that he is funny. There is nothing I can do. He can get out of every bit of trouble that he needs to.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 31 2009, 10:26 am
Well, between that and his missles, he's covered all his bases.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics