Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Not managing

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 6:59 am
my car is broke
the dryer is broke
I think I'm broke too

can't I just stay in pj's again today - and do absolutamenta nada ... the hard part is that my clothes are dirty and we need things desperately at the store ... and I'm just soooo tired ........

louche

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 7:59 am
Aw, green, sorry to hear that. But as I happen to know you were up late last night, I assume you're feeling the effects of sleep deprivation and a little melancholy as well. You know why.

Time for tough love:

GREENIE! GET OFF YOUR DUFF! RISE AND SHINE (or at least rise)! GET DRESSED, BRUSH YOUR TEETH, COMB YOUR HAIR AND GO OUTSIDE! (Have a cup of java first if need be.)

Hanging around in pj's may be stylish but I'm convinced it leads to depression.

YOU ARE WOMAN, let's HEAR YOU ROAR. Can you get "Appliance Repair for Dummies" out of the library?

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 8:28 am
you do know one can brush their teeth whilst still in pj's ... heck I cannot leave the bathroom without a good minty feeling in my mouth ...

so 3 days would be a chazzka ... of strange sorts ...

I got the booby trap on - so where do I go from here ?!?!?! What

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 8:30 am
oh I forgot to mention - I feel pretty productive as I put out a big fire in the toaster oven ... so what if I started it too Twisted Evil

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 8:31 am
now that I think of it that was pretty stupid ... I should've called the fire dept ... Idea

mltjm

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 8:50 am
I am finding your trailing comments about the toaster fire exceedingly funny Rolling Laughter
Glad everybody was safe.

I'm gonna go with louche and the tough love on this. If you treat yourself like a pj wearing, tv watching depressed couch potato, you will end up likely end up like one. Two days is waaaay enough time to sit and feel sorry for yourself. Just get up and do one thing and see what happens. Usually it makes you feel lots better.

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 9:00 am
mltjm wrote:
I am finding your trailing comments about the toaster fire exceedingly funny Rolling Laughter
Glad everybody was safe.

thanks - I might have been safer if a hot fireman came to the rescue ...

Shalshelet

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 9:29 am
Hey greenie, at least you CAN DO things. I've been dealing with tendonitis in my hands for some time, and recently did something I should have known better not to do, which made it worse. Now everything but typing makes it hurt! embarrassed

yaybh

Post Wed, Sep 09 2009, 9:29 am
I am working for almost seven hours a day.As soon as I get home I have my 17 moth old princess waiting for me at the babysitter for all the attention I have to give. She k9ahara doesnt stop talking and keeps me realllllllly busy bh. When I start thinking how will I manage. I still have to........ and .... I stop and think. If those with ten kids can, so can we!! Wink

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 8:59 am
louche wrote:

YOU ARE WOMAN, let's HEAR YOU ROAR. Can you get "Appliance Repair for Dummies" out of the library?

I would never get a book entitled "dummie" although I have read the automotive repair manual ... I'm slowly getting there ... itl's one of 3 problems ... car is on ramps as we speak ...

Shalshelet wrote:

Hey greenie, at least you CAN DO things. I've been dealing with tendonitis in my hands for some time, and recently did something I should have known better not to do, which made it worse. Now everything but typing makes it hurt! embarrassed

oh believe me when I say - I just ignore the pain in my hands when I need to get something done ... I don't have much choice ... ouch !!!

amother

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 9:13 am
greenfire. I am dying to meet you in real life... When are you coming to my nedighborhood????

amother

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 9:16 am
Will fry up some butter..Lets see how fast you can get dressed and run out of your house!

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 11 2009, 4:31 pm
just so ya know sonny boy & me fixed the car and we didn't even have to replace the part - sonny boy just cleaned up the solenoid connectors and put the starter back on and voila ... the car started perfectly ... Drunken Smile

don't forget to wake me up for carpool on sunday Mr. Green

merelyme

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 3:10 pm
Aren't you getting up early for selichos first?

If fixing your car yourself is "not managing," that sounds pretty good to me.

greenfire

Post Sat, Sep 12 2009, 9:22 pm
merelyme wrote:
Aren't you getting up early for selichos first?

no rebbetzin ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics