Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Pardon the mess (or not?) WWYD
Previous  1  2

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Sep 23 2009, 7:01 pm
I like the idea of organizing into piles, rather than packing away one item at a time. Now all I need are baskets....

pinktichel

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 2:55 am
oh, another mishegas I have: I will not go from one room to the other without taking something with me that needs a home. IOW, if I'm going from the playroom to the kitchen and see one of the ikea bowls from my kids snack on the floor/table, I pick it up and bring it in the kitchen with me. Then, when going from the kitchen to the dining room, I'll take the siddur that DD so kindly left on the floor and put it on the correct shelf, etc.

Off to fold and put away the kids laundry...

drumjj

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 3:16 am
pink I do the same as u that way thing dont amass up. my husband organizes things into piles leaves them in boxes and they never get sorted. like his post.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 9:22 am
drumjj wrote:
pink I do the same as u that way thing dont amass up.

Me too, but it does accumulate! How many times an hour can you o bag to the girls room, every time you find yet another barrette?!

louche

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 3:07 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
drumjj wrote:

Me too, but it does accumulate! How many times an hour can you o bag to the girls room, every time you find yet another barrette?!

Don't. Have a small box or basket near the door of each room. every time you find s/t in the room that belongs elsewhere, throw it in the basket. play reverse busboy and return the items to their homes once or twice a day, not several times an hour.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 3:11 pm
louche wrote:
ShakleeMom wrote:
drumjj wrote:

Don't. Have a small box or basket near the door of each room. every time you find s/t in the room that belongs elsewhere, throw it in the basket. play reverse busboy and return the items to their homes once or twice a day, not several times an hour.

Duh! Now I get it. hey, I like that Idea!!!! So today my baby was in a crabby mood so I went out with her and bought 6 large baskets... seeing how they play out, I realize I need 10 more. I love the new look! And I finally did the laundry area which was a hodgepodge of dirty laundry, clean laundry, stuff soaking overnight, plunger, shmattas, cleaning supplies, negel vasser, ironing board, extra folding chairs, and a scale! Got those sterlite 5-shelf thingies, it looks commercial but neat!

Oh wait... I didn't cook yet!

csfm

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 9:42 pm
I am relieved to learn that I am not the only one with a bunch of kinderlakh and an endlessly messy house, not matter how hard I try to be a balabuste and keep it all organized and neat. I appreciate everyone's advice on the topic. I once had such a mortifyingly embarrassing experience that I'm sorry to say that I've almost never been able to bring myself to allow any friends over, since. My DH invited a neighbor over to do something on our computer when I wasn't home and the house looked like a tornado had hit it--becuase my DH, aka The Tornado, had hit it--and my neighbor's wife subsequently laughed to me about how her husband had not been able to believe his eyes! I still shudder at the thought of how much loshen horah came out of their mouths to mutual friends and acquaintances about that oh-so-amusing incident. Believe me, you would not have believed it if your DHs had done such a thing; the house truly was in a shambles, as DH had been moving furniture and who-knows-what-else to make the place such a mess. It was awful, just awful. SO...forgive my long-winded preamble...my question to you dear and wise ladies is this: What do you do when you are doing your level best to keep your house in order, but your DH is the one subsequently messing it up! Arrrrggghhh! Seriously, any sage advice would be much appreciated. Thanks so much, Annah.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 10:47 pm
not an answer to your q, but here's my vent:
I left to work exhausted and left the house a mess, figuring nobody would see it until I returned home from work and would clean it up as soon as I get home from work. I returned home from work and found an item that my bro had dropped off at my house, he had found out the combination to our number lock and let himself in to drop it off. To this day IDK if he just left the item at the door or took a tour of the house, but I am mortified that my generally clean house was seen that way.

gryp

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 10:53 pm
I can't decide what's worse, always having a clean house when people come over and then the one time you don't clean, the guests are absolutely appalled, OR just not cleaning before people come, letting them see your place the way it looks lived-in.

What

amother

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 10:57 pm
AnnahFM wrote:
I am relieved to learn that I am not the only one with a bunch of kinderlakh and an endlessly messy house, not matter how hard I try to be a balabuste and keep it all organized and neat. I appreciate everyone's advice on the topic. I once had such a mortifyingly embarrassing experience that I'm sorry to say that I've almost never been able to bring myself to allow any friends over, since. My DH invited a neighbor over to do something on our computer when I wasn't home and the house looked like a tornado had hit it--becuase my DH, aka The Tornado, had hit it--and my neighbor's wife subsequently laughed to me about how her husband had not been able to believe his eyes! I still shudder at the thought of how much loshen horah came out of their mouths to mutual friends and acquaintances about that oh-so-amusing incident. Believe me, you would not have believed it if your DHs had done such a thing; the house truly was in a shambles, as DH had been moving furniture and who-knows-what-else to make the place such a mess. It was awful, just awful. SO...forgive my long-winded preamble...my question to you dear and wise ladies is this: What do you do when you are doing your level best to keep your house in order, but your DH is the one subsequently messing it up! Arrrrggghhh! Seriously, any sage advice would be much appreciated. Thanks so much, Annah.
Change the locks.

mommalah

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 11:09 pm
Am I the only one who prays that a pop in guest won't ask to use the restroom?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics