Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Traumatized!

janet

Post Sun, Aug 01 2010, 1:36 pm
My 27 month old has become the most terrified child I have seen, and this has all happened overnight! he was the most easy going happy go lucky child until a few days ago. he screams if he hears a different noise, PANICKED and yells if he sees or hears a car. he is terrified of petting corners and wont be left without us, we don't no what to do about it cos this is NOT him - any suggestions?

jaysmom

Post Sun, Aug 01 2010, 2:26 pm
I would call my pediatrician about a sudden change like this. Maybe he/she can give you some advice.

anonymom

Post Sun, Aug 01 2010, 5:44 pm
And you don't know of anything that could have happened during this time? Was he left with a babysitter and maybe something happened when you were not around? Sounds strange. My kids have gone through stages, but I don't remember them coming so suddenly.

NYmommy

Post Sun, Aug 01 2010, 6:30 pm
I have the exact thing going on right now with my 4 year old. every time we have a thunderstorm I have hell for the next few days!!! She's like glued to me. Cries if she has to go to the bathroom without me, cries when I put her to sleep etc. It started when she was approx 2 when we were outside during some pretty bad lightnings & thunder. Since then every time we have a thunderstorm shes traumatized for few days (sometimes few week...!!!). It took a while till I figured out what caused these 'attacks' but after a few storms we figured it out. What works for us is to re-assure her she's safe & secure. What really doesn't work is forcing her to do stuff she's afraid, like forcing her to use the bathroom alone etc. Hang in there, hopefully it will go away in few days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics