Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
I hope the Sprinkles customer reads this!
Previous  1  2  3

octopus

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 7:23 pm
I will also add that I'm probably throwing a lot of things under a big umbrella. Tourettes is considered neurological, not mental health. however, my point is, there ARE conditions that can affect the way ppl act in a bizarre way.

and coprolalia is pretty rare. but it does occur.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 7:37 pm
That couple has it hard. I feel bad for them.

bubby

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 7:39 pm
abound wrote:
Or perhaps he is in a terrible stage. He lost his job. His wife is mad and lost respect for him she said he is a pushover and does not act like a man. she won't go to the mik. He lost a parent or someone that he loves recently. His house is in foreclosure. He had many people cutting the line on him recently and lost it with your daugher. Was it right?= No. Do people lose themselves and say terrible things- yes! DO I hope never to lose myself in this way- I can't imagine that I would.
Do remember that being Dan lekaf zechus in a way means not judging. You have no idea where this person is coming from and judging him ain't gonna make what happened better. It definitely won't make you a better person.

I think you are very nice, but naive Rolling Eyes & going overboard to make excuses. I wonder how you would have felt if you were the recipient of this kind of filth.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 7:55 pm
auntie - em, it sure can!!!!

There was a contenstant on Big Brother UK in 2007 (he won, actually), who burst out with an uncontrollable profanity on random occasions - he couldnt control it. Here it does seem 'premeditated' - but tourettes can totally cause random profanities to slip out.

auntie_em

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 7:56 pm
octopus wrote:
I will also add that I'm probably throwing a lot of things under a big umbrella. Tourettes is considered neurological, not mental health. however, my point is, there ARE conditions that can affect the way ppl act in a bizarre way.

and coprolalia is pretty rare. but it does occur.

Using profanity in context is not caused by Tourette's. A person will not suddenly curse out another person in the way that was described here by using full sentences.

Whatever..I have no pony in this race.

chanahlady

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 8:10 pm
Or maybe he's just a jerk. They do exist, you know!

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 9:17 pm
chanahlady wrote:
Or maybe he's just a jerk. They do exist, you know!

I'm with her on this one. Sorry DD had to go through that. However you wanna phrase it- the guy has problems.

Not sure that it helps for us to discuss it though. I guess a vent is a vent and such an incident is indeed disturbing.

bubby

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 11:00 pm
You know, what amazes me is the lack of boosha people like this have. If that's how they communicate they are in a very bad way. I feel sorry for their child - can you imagine what an upbringing s/he'll have, with parents who are obnoxious & abusive to random strangers? I also feel sorry for the kid's teachers. Parents like them remind me of the mother who came to me @ PTA & said, "I told my daughter you were stupid." shock

That's a direct quote. And she was the daughter of "a BIG Rav!!!" Same PTA (different mother) when one parent to a swing at my colleague. They all must be related. Not listening Feeling beat up Talk to the hand Bring it on Shame on you
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette